“Green deco!!!”
Review of Hotel Capital

Hotel Capital
Ranked #15 of 15 Hotels in Ixelles
Reviewed May 7, 2013 via mobile

Did stay in this hotel during a transit time in Bruxelles,check-in was smooth, but once in the room, since i arrived late, I order a coffee and a snack, I was surprised to be told that there was no room service.
In the corner, there was something like a fridge, I was not able to open it.
Room was clean and enough space,nothing to complain.
But in the morning,I was spoiled by a rich breakfeast to forget my disapointment on my arrival.
Ì did like the green deco, that give you energy to start a day with a smile.
Knowing the lack of room service,it can help to make your own provision before check in.
Overall, I will recommend this hotel if you are in Bruxelles not looking for a 5 star hotel.

• Stayed: April 2013
1  Thank injongi

Reviewed March 4, 2013

Luxury it ain't! No tea/coffee making facilities, no mini bar (as the website promised) just an empty, rather dirty fridge that wasn't working, no mini shampoo/soap etc, no spare pillows and v noisy: we heard every movement ( literally) from the bathroom next door. Perfectly adequate as a 1 or 2 star b&b but NOT value for money. It's not surprising it's difficult to find a picture of a room on the website. Very disappointing.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 5, 2013

Hotel is ok, if you don't expect to much on luxery, etc.
Parking too small for big(ger) cars
It's on a interesting location if you want to visit the centrum of Brussels. But also (if you're by car) you can also visit the area around.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 18, 2012

this is not a posh hotel, te rooms are quite small and basic (no coffee making faclities!), but if you just want somewhere to rest your weary bones after a long day shopping and site seeing then the place is brilliant.
The staff couldn't have done enough for us, from giving directions (repeatedly and very patiently after we we got lost twice) to making sure we ate enough at breakfast.
The breakfast was buffet style and kept us going all dday, loads of variety and the home made pain au chocolat were addictive.
I would go back there quite happily

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Alice R
Reviewed March 25, 2011

We stayed 4 days in this hotel as a study abroad group of US College Students. The location is great. The staff was incredibly helpful, friendly and understanding. When you figure in the price we paid against what we received, it was an excellent value and we will definitely return in the future trips.

• Stayed: June 2010
Reviewed February 6, 2011

i would not recommend this hotel. When I checked in, i found that bed sheets were not changed, telephone was not working and many lights were not working. When I told the manager, nothing was done. The person who came to fix telephone told me that hotel knew that telephone was not working and could not be fixed. They still assigned the room to us.

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank davegood
Reviewed December 28, 2010

I stayed at the hotel in december for a weekend with my boyfriend and was generally pleased. The reception was very friendly and helped us plan our sightseeing trips to see brussels. I think the room I had been given had been painted in the last couple days since it still had the smell but when I mentioned it to the reception they changed my room directly and apologised. Breakfast was nice but the waitress didn't speak english, italian and her french was worse than mine (mine french is not good). I was a little disappointed by the TV as I expected that all hotels had LCDs by now but I didn't go to watch TV. They have a lovely lounge/bar that is open in the evening and I guess their bartender couldn't get to work because of the snow since it was the manager and the owner that served our drinks.

Overall I liked the hotel a lot and would defiantly go again :)

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank NicoleNapolitano
Also consider these accommodations in or near Ixelles
Hotel Beau Site
#6 of 22 in Saint-Gilles
Mercure Brussels Airport
Gresham Belson Hotel
Courtyard by Marriott Brussels

Been to Hotel Capital? Share your experiences!