Marriott Executive Apartments Brussels, European Quarter
Ranked #9 of 15 Hotels in Ixelles
Reviewed December 14, 2013

I stayed at this hotel for my first trip to Europe in July 2013 with my mom and my sister and it did not disappoint.

It was confusing when we got to the hotel for we had to go to the Marriott hotel next door to check-in and gain access to the apartments. Good thing I read another's review on this website before choosing the apartments and knew what to do. A couple good things of having the Marriott hotel next door was that we were able to utilize the amenities present such as the pool and the fitness center which they did not have at the apartment.

The room was bigger than what was expected especially for the price and the notion we previously had of European hotels (smaller rooms). There was a kitchen with a refrigerator along with two bathrooms so we did not have to worry about waiting hours just to use one. One bathroom was located near the entry of the apartment and the other was located through the bedroom so it was helpful if one had guests. One thing that confused me was the glass screen that covered part of of the bathtub to prevent water from escaping onto the floor. It did not stretch the entire length of the tub so I felt kind of exposed. One downside of staying at the apartments is that they was no free wi-fi in the room. One would have to go to the lobby of the apartments to take advantage.

All of the front desk clerks and other employees were very helpful from exchanging money to finding local stores to finding local things to do to helping out with baggage. I do not speak much French but most of the individuals who worked there spoke a good amount of English so what I needed help with was heard without a problem. They did what they could to make our trip the best we could have and greeted us kindly when we entered the lobby. They also allowed us to wait in the lobby after checkout for our ride who came two hours later and held our baggage until we were ready to go.

There are many nearby sites for one to see. We came during the week that the new king was to take over so there were many people outside celebrating. Also, the Palais Royal (Royal Palace) was not too far of a walk away to join in the festivities.

I would definitely recommend this hotel if you looking for a place with a good price, with more space, and accessibility to a lot of different sites. I would put this on my list when I visit Brussels again.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family

Reviewed December 12, 2013

Right next to the Luxembourg metro station in brussels, we got a very good deal for this place. A value for money apartment on a weekend, very neat & clean place. The rooms are very spacious & a very good sofa cum bed for the kids, they really enjoyed jumping on it. Well equipped kitchenette. Nice clean bathrooms. The quality of furniture is very good. They serve a good breakfast at the adjoining Renaissance hotel & you can also use the fitness centre & pool at the hotel. It is ideally located for bus & train connections; & walking distance from shopping arcade. Overall it is an excellent choice for a family of four.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank TravellerYG
Reviewed October 10, 2013

I like to stay in bigger rooms not usual cramped up rooms of London or Brussels hotels. Therefore, I am always in lookout for nice apartments. Marriott was excellent choice.

The apartments blocks are stone throw away from bus station and 5 mins walk from Troon metro station. I took a taxi from Midi train station, which was 10 mins ride and costed me around 9 Euros.

The service to the apartment is provided by Renaissance hotel (next door). I booked a one bedroom apartment which was quick massive. It had a large living room with a desk, sofa and flat screen TV. Nice size bedroom with all amenities. The kitchenette (microwave, stove etc) was good enough to cook some ready meal and cutlery was provided. The apartment had two bathrooms, that is quite good if you are expecting to invite some guests for meetings. The apartment has quite lounge down stairs with free tea/coffee machine. A quite and cosy place for chit-chat.

Near to the apartment, there are ample restaurants and eating place. So you won't have to travel to center of Brussels to enjoy the traditional french cuisine.

The only let down was service. I felt, some of the staff at the Renaissance were not 'friendly' enough as they should be in usual Marriott properties. I asked for few extra towels and it took me 2 reminders and 10 hours before they were delivered. At the breakfast time, the captain was bit rude and he was acting like he is doing distributing the food for free.

But let me clarify, other than these two incidents the staff was nice. Specially reception, they are trained and professional.

Overall I will give 4* to the apartment. I will definitely stay there again if I am in Brussels.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank Professor07
Reviewed October 6, 2013

We stayed for a week at the Marriott executive apartments the 3rd week of September 2012. From the airport, we took the airport line bus #12 to hotel. Cost is $3.50 (euro) one-way. It was very easy to use. When you check in at the hotel, you have to go to the Renaissance hotel next door. Our room was very spacious; it has a small living room and kitchen so we were able to buy groceries at a small supermarket called Shop & Go on Rue d’arlon street that is close by. Also, there is a good Gryo fast food restaurant called the Kabob House that is across the street and is open late if you want a late bite to eat. The work out facility is downstairs and is owned by another company but is free use if you are staying at the executive apartments or the Renaissance.

We took the metro station Trone to the Grand Place. It about a 10 min walk to the station from the hotel. Beware of pickpockets when riding the metro trains or in the terminals. On our first day, we had pair of guys in business suits that try to open my backpack in the morning while we were riding the train. These guys are slick, I was standing in the train since there were no seats available, two guys that look like business men entered the train and one was stand next to me pretending to read a newspaper and the other guy was in front of me with is back turned. After a few minutes, my wife saw the guy (the one reading the newspaper) had one hand already in one of my backpack pockets and grab his hand and said “honey” loud and then whispered to me that he is trying to pick picket me and when I turned around, he and his counterpart were gone and they just got off the next stop. They timed it perfectly when they try to pick pocket, when it get close to the next stop they will try to get something or if they get caught they have a easy was to escape. Later in the evening (going back to the hotel) waiting for train, we had a pair of young girls getting a little too close to us on the train platform and also when we entered the train. My wife told one of the girls to back off and they realized that we were on to them and they whispered something to each other and got off the next stop.

I notice there is a network of them around and at the metro stations and they use their cell phones to communicate to each other on who pickpocket. So be aware of your surroundings and if someone is really close to you, be alert.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
4  Thank foraudi
Reviewed October 6, 2013

I stayed with my extended family, we had 4 x 1 bedroom apartments, for 5 adults, 4 children. Possibly not the cheapest way to do it, but that was the best way to split up the family. 2 of the apartments were interconnecting, and the other two just down the hall. Our two biggest gripes would be the lack of cooking facilities, but then we were cooking for 9 people. The kitchens were small and the pots and pans etc were limited, but this is what we found everywhere. The other other gripe would be the noise, no doubt we annoyed people with kids running between rooms at 8am and 9pm. But other rooms were doing similar around 1am which was not appreciated when it woke us up. Otherwise the location is fantastic, close to the bus stop, and an easy walk to Grand Place. There are a number of restaurants nearby also. Breakfast at the hotel had a fantastic range, although most of the fruit didn't seem to be fresh. The hot chocolates weren't the best but they certainly bad for Belgium. Definitely recommend for people wanting more space, but hotel facilities as well (the Marriott hotel is next door and you can use it).

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed October 5, 2013

We stayed here for 6 nights & really enjoyed the fact that you have a kitchen & use of a washer/dryer. We had free bfast in the lounge at the renaissance w my husbands platinum level, have to say after a few days the bfast wasent so good, they serve the same thing every morning. It would be nice if they changed things out a little. We also found a little kabob place right across the street that was sooooo good, you must try their food when you stay at the marriott. We also loved the fact that you could walk to the metro in less than 10 minutes & the train station was a 5 minute walk, very easy to get around to different towns from there. We went to paris, brugge, ghent & leuven.

Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 5, 2013

Nice spacious, good with small baby who wants to walk around.breakfast was nice.

The carpet were not that clean, I found bunch of hairs here and there.
The electric gas was too fancy to use, you need to put a pan on the burner then only it will work. No manual for the gas .
The entrance you will find no one and wonder where the reception is, guess what you need to walk back to the renaissance hotel , that's where the reception is. I spent 15 minutes where the reception was, stupid enough not to put a board when you cross renaissance hotel,that "check in here at mariott apartments". Can save a lot of time for traveller.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Ixelles
Renaissance Brussels Hotel
Hilton Brussels Grand Place
Hotel Metropole
Hotel Metropole
#74 of 199 in Brussels

Been to Marriott Executive Apartments Brussels, European Quarter? Share your experiences!