“Improved experience”

Marriott Executive Apartments Brussels, European Quarter
Ranked #9 of 15 Hotels in Ixelles
Reviewed March 7, 2013

I have stayed here before two or three times and was really disappointed on my last visit in 2011. I did outline a list of issues when checking out and was assured that improvements would be made. So, I took a chance and stayed here again for two nights last weekend and was pleasantly surprised that things were much better than before. The apartment was very clean and, unlike before, was in a good state of repair. There was a folder with a comprehensive guide to apartment/hotel services available, again, something not provided on my previous stay. The kitchen area had sufficient cutlery and crockery this time. There were plenty of towels in the bathroom and for both nights I had a comfortable and quiet sleep.
As before, I was given a letter at check-in informing me that as I was staying two nights, the apartment would not be cleaned during my stay. Being there on my own, this was not a problem but I do think it is a little 'penny-pinching' by management.
Breakfast was included in the rate and is available in the next door Renaissance Hotel. It was very busy in there on the Sunday morning but there were plenty of staff on duty and the buffet was kept well stocked. Fruits, cold meats and croissants met my needs fully as I feel the hot items in the 'American Breakfast' section do not really suit my British taste for what constitutes a cooked breakfast. That morning the staff, mostly young women, were friendly, attentive and efficient. On the Monday morning, the restaurant was much quieter and less staff were on duty. In particular, there were two men working there who were far more concerned in having a conversation with each other than in being the least bit pro-active in meeting the needs of the paying guests.
Finally, on check out, there was only one receptionist at the front desk so had to wait for her to deal with the person in front of me and then answer a phone call when she was serving me thus, slowing down the process. I don't blame here for this as surely management should have more than one person at the desk. So, overall, a better experience on this stay but still room for improvement.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled solo

Reviewed January 20, 2013

first impression is of a run-down hotel, poorly maintained. Then the service is really bad, with only rude and inefficient staff, when asking for services they should provide but they do not. Loss of laundry and rooms not cleaned daily. This hotel is not cheap considering that you anyway receive less or nothing.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed January 3, 2013

very nice, clean and spacious apartment. we loved staying here as we had plenty of room to spread out. good area. love the little pita shop across the street. also Fatboys sports bar down the street has great chicken wings, and raspberry beer :)

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed November 5, 2012

Really enjoyed having a one bedroomed apartment, with all the facilities available at the hotel but a bit more freedom and privacy to please yourselves. I took my mother with me to visit my daughter who is working at the European Parliament. The sofa bed was very comfortable and the facilities in the kitchen were good - could have done with a little more crockery and glassware. Could meet my daughter for lunch and she also stayed a few nights. Breakfast was good and the staff, apart from one of the more mature waiters in the restaurant, were very pleasant and helpful.
Can't wait to return!

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank lesley c
Reviewed June 14, 2012

Extremely luxurious stay with top class facilities. The room was spotless and was fitted with all mod-cons and plasma tv's. The bed I must say was one of the most comfy beds I have ever slept in and it was quite a disappointment to come home to my usual mattress. The room was also a very good size and being on the top floor we had a nice view of the city and the EU building.

The one thing I will say is that the apartments are in a separate building and all of the facilities are in the neighbouring hotel including the check in desk. After saying this, this did not impact on our stay in any way and I would walk half way round the city to receive the top class breakfast which is served in the neighbouring hotel. I would urge anyone to take advantage of the leisure facilities that are included in your stay, they are quiet, friendly and extremely relaxing, perfect to start the day with a swim.

The hotel is central to the EU building however the square is around a 30 minute walk away which wasn't an issue for us. There are excellent transport links into the centre so anyone that doesn't want the walk can easily find their way through other means of transportation.

Overall I would thoroughly recommend this hotel to anyone for an extra special stay in the beautiful city of Brussels!

1  Thank Musicaltj
Reviewed May 29, 2012

25 - 27th May.
Myself and two friends stayed at this hotel for a base to view the city. We all loved the hotel, it was a 20 minute walk to the centre and a 5 minute walk to the underground.
The breakfast was amazing and there were many choices. I would recomend this hotel to anybody.
The only problem we faced was, we flew to brussels charleroi airport and were recomened to use the 22 euro return transfer shuttle which we did and we were told to book a time for the transfer back, however when we arrived at the bus stop (for our transfer bact to the airport,) people had told us our bus was full and had already left, and said that we should get taxis to the airport. However 5 minutes later our bus arrived and we realised that the men who told us our bus had gone were nothing to do with the company but taxi drivers, (so be carful.)
Our time in Brussels city itself was also lovely its a picture perfect city and was a lovely break away.
We also visited Oceade, (17 euros) the water park which was a lot of fun and again recomened.
I would go back to Brussles and stay in this hotel it was perfect.

Reviewed May 14, 2012

Very nice and spacious apartment.
We were with 3 friends and had a 2 bedroom apartment ands one of us slept on the sofabed in the livingroom

I must say the bedrooms were very nice but the mattrasses need updating I think.
The livingroom was a bit dark since there was no central light on the ceiling but only separate lamps on the desk and near the sofa and kitchen.
The balcony though was very nice and spacious

Breakfast in the next door Renaissance hotel was excellent! Very good variety of foods, friendly staff and fresh products.

We thought the price-quality of this hotel was very good! We split the price with the three of us and that was already very cheap but you could also sleep with 3 couples in the apartment and then you could split the price by 6 which would be ridiculously cheap.

Location is also good....about 7 to 8 minutes walk to Trone metro station.
Royal Palace is also a short walk.
area is nice, near Luxembourg station where it is very busy on the square in the evening
with people enjoying after-work drinks.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with friends
Also consider these accommodations in or near Ixelles
Renaissance Brussels Hotel
Hilton Brussels Grand Place
Hotel Metropole
Hotel Metropole
#74 of 199 in Brussels

Been to Marriott Executive Apartments Brussels, European Quarter? Share your experiences!