Tripadvisor
Ixelles
1,846 results
All reviews club room european parliament swimming pool the executive lounge minute walk health club luxembourg square the grand place train station junior suite business district fitness center very nice hotel nice walk mini bar early check royal palace
Selected filters
Reviewed January 14, 2020

I stayed with my daughter and grandson for a weekend and we couldn’t have chosen a better Hotel, I can honestly say that this is one of the best Hotel that I have ever stayed at and I have been to so many countries, an over all service was amazing, breakfast was quite good, the suite was very clean and couldn’t fault it, the staff and the receptionists were very polite and dealt with every thing in a professional manner,
We even had appetiser and unlimited free drinks included from 6 til 9pm which was fantastic coming back after a day out and chilling at the Hotel bar and not to mention A Lovely Man called Burak who was so warm, friendly and helpful and overall a Wonderful person to be around with and had such a great energy and a good vibe,
All in all we have thoroughly enjoyed our stay at this magnificent Hotel and would definitely recommend it to all who want to have a relaxing stay and would gladly come back again, this Hotel should be 6 Stars and not 4
Thank you for reading my review.

Reviewed January 14, 2020 via mobile

We stayed here for 3 nights to visit the Christmas markets and booked a junior suite room, this room has a main sleeping area and then a door leading to lounge/ sofa bed.

Despite receiving confirmation from the hotel that our room would be ready on arrival, the sofa bed was not made up, 2 hour delay!

The heating in the room was a major issue, the main room control could only be set at hot or cold, no ability to control temperature. The second room had no heating, as the control was broken. The reptile dealt with the issue and provided a portable heater on the first night and sent an engineer. The engineer advised that the room has a major issue with the heating so was unsure why we were allocated , there was nothing he could do until the new year when a major maintenance would be carried out. The portable heater was insufficient so they replaced the next day with a larger heater. Reception denied the knew there was a problem with the room, which contradicts the engineer!!!!

The new heater was in incredibly noisy, reception did offer to move us for the last night but having the upheaval and with an 8 year old, we stayed .

We complained and were offered compensation of a free night for our next stay, but we opted for a complimentary late lunch before we left.

The service was appalling in the restaurant, we had to ask the waiter, who spent most of the time in conversation with his colleague and manager, we had to go to him and ask, could we have a menu, then again, could we order, then again, could we order desert. Just shocking, and the food was unappealing when it finally arrived, they knew this was a complimentary meal for the issues we had, and then provided a below par service!

Breakfast, we ate in for 2 mornings, average selection but there were so many small flies hovering around the food, we spoke to the waitress who advised this was due-to the weather!!!

The exclusive lounge for the premier rooms was dark, and not cleaned regularly, the complimentary bar seemed to be locked more time than open.

Anything good to report, the pool and gym were fine, reception staff were helpful but there is an underlying problem beneath the gloss which management are not addressing, unclean, rooms not quality checked and not made available to the customers request. Get the fly issue sorted!

Would we recommend, never. I regularly go to Brussels on business but chose this hotel for the pool for our girl, never again.

Within 24 hours of returning home, I was taken I’ll with a severe chest infection and cold, our little girl also had a bad cold, not surprising when we had to sleep in rooms with poor heating.

Date of stay: December 2019
Trip type: Traveled with family
Bertrand G, Front Office Manager at Renaissance Brussels Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded January 15, 2020

Dear stewk,

Thank you very much for your recent stay and for taking the time to share your valuable feedback with us.

I sincerely apologize for your experience which is not representative of the level of service that we strive to offer.

I would be happy to discuss further via email so please do not hesitate to contact me personally at the following email address: Bertrand.guie@marriott.com.

Kind regards,

Bertrand

Reviewed January 12, 2020

I stayed in the Renaissance Brussels with my partner to celebrate our 4th Anniversary and I can say I couldn't have chosen better! The staff was really really friendly and made our stay as brilliant as possible. A big big thank you to Giullia and Andreia that sent a personalized amenity to our room with our picture in it! The access to the swimming pool and sauna was really nice and the dinner in the restaurant The Poet was amazing. I really recommend this Hotel for a nice stay in the center of Brussels.

Date of stay: January 2020
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 4, 2020

We stayed for 6 nights at this hotel, and you cannot beat the location. Getting to and from the airport was easy. The Luxembourg train station is just around the corner. You also have bus station in front of the train station, connecting you throughout the city all day and night long.

Breakfast has many options though lounge can get really crowded. The evening lounge had extremely limited options.

Room was ok, nothing great.

The staff at the hotel was highly inconsistent in their interactions, and came across as rude many times. Could be due that the fact that for many of the staff working at the reception and lobby, English was their second or third language.

Overall, there could be better Marriott hotels, that you can choose from while in Brussels.

Date of stay: March 2019
Reviewed January 3, 2020 via mobile

We liked the location of the hotel a lot. Also there is a general good atmosphere in the building. Lovely pool, gym and spa. I was just a little bit surprised with the status of maintenance in the room, see pics. Also how they (not) clean the room (they don't empty trash cans, or supplement your tea corner)....also we found the lounge in questionable stage two nights in a row (see pics)...but am sure this is not how it normally looks like and I am sure we were just unfortunate. As a gold elite member I remain a huge fan of SPG.

Trip type: Traveled with family
Byron V, Director of Rooms Operations at Renaissance Brussels Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded January 5, 2020

Dear Valued Guest,
Thank you very much for your loyalty and for sharing your recent experience with us. On the one hand, we are very happy to hear that you enjoyed the fantastic location of our hotel in our lovely neighborhood and that you appreciated the great vibe and atmosphere of our hotel together with its pool, gym and spa. On the other hand, we sincerely apologize for the issues with regards to the housekeeping services of your room. Please rest assured that corrective actions have been immediately taken to prevent reoccurence. We hope to have a chance of welcoming you back very soon in Brussels and provide you with an unforgettable experience