I stayed at the Renaissance Brussels last fall on a layover while going to Africa. I took the airport express bus to the city center. The hotel is just a couple of short blocks away, which makes getting to and from the airport very convenient. Once I got there (around 9 am), I asked about an early check-in. The clerks looked at me like I must have been crazy. Needless to say, I had to leave my bags with the porter and keep myself busy until afternoon. So, I embarked on a tour of Brussels. This is when I learned just how far away from the center of town the Renaissance actually is. It look a good 20 minutes or so to reach the more touristy sites. I will say, however, that the hotel is perfectly located for access to the EU quarter.
Once I checked in, I found a very standard Marriott type room. It was clean, the furnishings were all very new & the bed was very comfortable. My only complaint was cost of internet access. Seriously, how can it be so affordable for individuals and businesses, yet so expensive for hotels?!
My stay at the Renaissance was very good and the hotel is convenient for airport & EU access, but a little more difficult for the tourist sites.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Enjoy the energy of Belgium's capital city from sophisticated accommodations at Renaissance Brussels Hotel. Enjoy staying in the heart of the European Quarter at our hotel in Brussels located near famous destinations in the city centre. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Marriott, Expedia, Priceline, Booking.com, Agoda, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Hotwire, Orbitz, Cancelon, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Renaissance Brussels Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Brussels Renaissance
- Renaissance Hotel Brussels
- Renaissance Brussels Hotel Belgium