“Nice hotel, great value”

Renaissance Brussels Hotel
Ranked #6 of 16 Hotels in Ixelles
Konigswinter, Germany
“Nice hotel, great value”
Reviewed February 25, 2014

This was our first time in this hotel. The hotel was very nice. The rooms were spacious and very clean. Check in took a little longer than normal but hotel staff were very pleasant and helpful. There are definitely hotels closer to the Grand Place but this hotel is only a 20 minute walk, a short bus ride, or a 10 Euro taxi ride after the busses quit running. This was one of our most enjoyable stays in Brussels.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (162)
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 19, 2014 via mobile

It is the hotel our family stayed in some 5 times in the last 12 months. It is perfect for a short 2 night stay as a city retreat over the weekend. The staff is extremely accomodating and allocates us the best room to fit our needs. If you return, they will value it. This time we stayed in executive suite with plenty of space for additional bed for our daughter and chat with our friends from Holland whom we also encouraged to book the room in here. They were equaly pleased with the service they received and will also be coming back. Everybody from reception through housekeeping makes sure you are comfortable and unrestrained. You feel like tipping all the time. Executive lounge is very relaxing with always the same but very good wine. Big standout in Marriott chain with great value for money over the weekend. Will call again soon.

Stayed February 2014
IL
Reviewed February 13, 2014

I was here for a conference and the staff was great. Multilingual, of course, and the front desk and bell staff were fantastic and quite helpful.

Not many options for dining and the restaurant is quite expensive. The food our group was served was good, but there is no snack bar or gift shop for a quick bite. Room service is also pricey of course.

The fitness center is amazing. There are a LOT of machines and I never had to wait for a treadmill.

I would not say there were a lot of places nearby to eat, and you are on the fringe of the city. As a female, I felt safe walking around the area which is very important.

Mattress was a little on the firm side. Plenty of channels in many languages although I could not find enough Olympic coverage.

Room Tip: This is a quiet location so most rooms would be okay.
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed February 10, 2014

This has been one of the worst Marriott hotels I have stayed at. I am a platinum elite member with the Marriott rewards program and have had the oppurtunity to stay in some truly amazing places. This was not one of them. From the first encounter I was met by rude, unproffessional, and argumentative staff. The rooms were average at best but were much worse due to the inability to control the tempature and the inability of the staff to address any concern that was brought to them. The breakfast was ok once you ran the gauntlet of scowling unpleasant staff asking for your room number before greeting you. To top it all off the night we stayed the hotel decided that it would be condusive to relaxation to have a dance party that could be clearly heard on the fifth floor. When it was asked of them to turn down the music they replied that this will go on for a while so there is nothing we can do. It was an event coordinated by the hotel which apparently lost all control over the DJ and could not direct the flow of the night. At 2300 hours and three complaints the dance club finally stopped. When checking out the following morning I was asked how my stay was and told them it was horrible. I told them I just want to leave the hotel and do not want to discuss it. The woman would NOT allow me to check out until I explained why my stay was bad. I actually had to plea with her to just let me leave the hotel because I was becoming so frustrated. several of the other people in line to check out were clearly just as frustrated and began to express their agreement with the complaints I was raising. When the receptionist saw the mob turning on her she couldnt check me out fast enough! Overall HORRIBLE. I will never stay here again. My connecting hotel stay was at a Renaissance in Switzerland and I was very pleased to find that the attitude and lack of customer service was exclusive to the Brussels location. There are several good hotels in the area that I would recomend over here.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
3 Thank A N
Milton Keynes, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 10, 2014

The hotel was reasonable and the staff friendly at the time although the food I had was the worst I've ever had in Belgium. My main problem was that after settling the remainder of my bill in cash on check out (the main charge was prepaid through Eurostar) I was subsequently charged another 25Euros on the credit card that I given details of on check-in. When I rang to query I was told it was for breakfast that I thought was included but then was put on hold while they looked into it further. Someone else then came back to me who didn't know what my query was. When I commented on the cost of my call from the UK to Brussels they agreed to ring me back but it seems I am still waiting for the call! I looked for an email address to contact them but could not find anything. Ok I could accept that it's possible I misunderstood the room rate in booking through Eurostar and 25Euros is not a vast amount but the response to my query from a hotel that is not the best value means that I will certainly not be going back there.

Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Elodie B, Guest Relations Manager at Renaissance Brussels Hotel, responded to this review, February 13, 2014
Many thanks for taking the time to share your feedback with us from your recent stay at the Renaissance Brussels hotel. As you can imagine we are dismayed to hear that we did not exceed your expectations during your recent stay with us mainly due to the fact that no one has come back to you regarding your issue. This is absolutely not the Marriott service we strive to provide and I would like to sincerely apologize for the inconveniences caused. I would be more than happy to assist you personally in the matter. I kindly invite you to contact me directly by email on rhi.brubr.guest.relations.supervisor@renaissancehotels.com . We would like to thank you for your lovely comments shared concerning our friendly ambassadors. I look forward in hearing from you and genuinely hope we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back soon and exceeding your expectations.
Reviewed February 2, 2014 via mobile

My fiancée and I have stayed at this hotel many times since 2011. In fact it is our defacto hotel when visiting Brussels. There are plenty of restaurants nearby and has a metro stop within a 5 minute walk that is only 3 stops from the Grand Place and all of the sights/activities. Only issues with the hotel are that the parking and breakfast are overpriced and the bar shuts down too early. I would recommend this hotel for weekend stays as during the week it is a bit pricier as it is close to the EU HQ.

Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Reviewed February 1, 2014

The Renaissance Brussels Hotel is one of my favorite hotels in Brussel. The location is not so great for tourists but great for members of the EU and for business. I find the staff to be very friendly and helpful. As an Elite Member I always feel welcomed. The rooms are large, good lighting and nice beds. The executive lounge is small but does offer a good breakfast, The roomservice is very good and the prices are very reasonable. Parking is available next door. All together a nice place to stay!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Ixelles
Radisson RED Brussels
Thon Hotel EU
Thon Hotel EU
#12 of 199 in Brussels
4.5 of 5 bubbles 1,435 reviews

Been to Renaissance Brussels Hotel? Share your experiences!