I stayed here with a friend for a long weekend (Thursday -> Sunday) with the hotel situated in the EU district. Very close to Brussels-Luxembourg station and Troon Metro is less than 10 minute walk away. So the hotel is not in the centre of Brussels but you can get there easily and one night we even walked back from Gare Centrale in around 25 minutes (Smartphone and GPS recommended!)
The hotel is everything you would expect from the Renaissance brand. Excellent check-in experience, spotlessly clean, nice sized rooms (was on the top floor, the club level is situated on the second floor), tea/coffee making facilities in room, large flat screen TV, good enough bathroom.
There are some nice cafes, restaurants and bars in the area, with them understandably quieter over the weekend. For cafes/restaurants, rue Saint-Boniface (10 min walk from the hotel) and bars in the Schumann area (15 min walk from the hotel).
So why is the hotel not getting a five star review? First of all the overpriced Internet in the room, which I did not take. There is a free Wi-FI Internet service in the lobby, I can see why this is done as a priced service in the room, it's predominately a business hotel, so it's an extra service and the other average business person will just use it. The breakfast was business priced as well, 20-25 Euro per person per day, it would come as no surprise that was skipped as well. Finally, the check-out experience took an age with a long queue and I was surprised the hotel did not accept a German debit card (Maestro) and for a hotel which caters European guests with the EU Parliament and EU Commission in close proximity, it was a surprise. So the invoice was paid by cash (to stop rip-off commission rates charged by UK credit card suppliers).
It's very likely when I do return to Brussels, this will be the first hotel I will look at, to see if the weekend rates are favourable. The first night was 142 Euro, while the second and third nights went down to 61 Euro/night, unbeatable. Would be nice to find free WiFi in the room next time, I can live in hope, but overall recommended.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Enjoy the energy of Belgium's capital city from sophisticated accommodations at Renaissance Brussels Hotel. Enjoy staying in the heart of the European Quarter at our hotel in Brussels located near famous destinations in the city centre. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Marriott, Priceline, Booking.com, Agoda, Expedia, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Renaissance Brussels Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Brussels Renaissance
- Renaissance Hotel Brussels
- Renaissance Brussels Hotel Belgium