As background I'm a Marriott Rewards Platinum Elite member so I do get some benefits that may not be available to all travelers. At the Renaissance Brussels the Club Lounge is closed right now, my benefits were - free wifi, evening happy hour for Marriott Rewards elite members, free breakfast at the restaurant.
1. Overall nice location with easy terminal-to-terminal access from the airport by bus (21 and 12), and 20-25 minute walk (and of course, public transport options) to the Grand Place. 5-8 min walk to Metro station, another 3 minutes to Parc Royal for outdoor running trails. Good places to eat within easy walking distance. On a side note, taxis in Brussels seems really expensive to me - I spend a fair amount of time in Vienna, taxis in Brussels seems to be 2-3x what they would be in Vienna for the same distance.
2. Lobby is small and seems to always be crowded. Seems like the hotel is quite busy right now.
3. Gym is very good and free. Also has a pool. Appears to be open to the public for a fee, so a high standard.
4. Lounge is closed as others have mentioned. I tried the evening happy hour only once, but it wasn't very appealing to me - quite crowded, wasn't much to eat, a few different wine and beer options.
5. Breakfast is in the main restaurant and free for elite members (EUR 25 for the full buffet if you need to pay for it). Even though crowded, the selection in the buffet is good, and the service was reasonable.
So overall location is not as central as the Marriott Brussels (which is literally 5 minutes walk from Grand Place), but works quite well if you prefer a quieter neighborhood or good access to the airport by public transportation.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Marriott, Orbitz, Expedia, Hotwire, Hotels.com, Priceline, Travelocity, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, HotelQuickly and Hotel.de so you can book your Renaissance Brussels Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Brussels Renaissance
- Renaissance Hotel Brussels
- Renaissance Brussels Hotel Belgium