Just returned from a lovely holiday in Belgium. Got a great deal direct on the Renaissance website for £99 per night bed and breakfast for two nights for two people. I had asked for a top floor room and they had done this. Room was a great size and modern in decor. I know someone has mentioned a small bathroom in their review but I think it was no smaller than other bathrooms in similar quality of hotels. Perfectly adequate for our needs. Lots of storage space in the room-drawers wise and a very good size safe compared to normal. There was a very good selection of food at breakfast and the breakfast staff were very friendly. Generally most staff were very friendly so I am surprised at the review mentioning surly staff. The hotel isn't in the centre in terms of the main tourist square but we liked the area as it is a little bit quieter and not full of tourists, certainly on the evening it was quieter outside than I have experienced in some hotels. There is a little area with restaurants a couple of minutes walk next to the Parliament-I'd recommend the London Cafe for lunch! The metro is not too far-though it is easier to get a taxi with suitcases and then use the metro for getting around during your trip. Unfortunately the metro machine was dodgy so I ended up buying two tickets as there was no-one around to help. It is a little daunting-may not seem that safe at first but we managed ok. Not sure I would want to get it late at night though. We had a day trip to Ghent via train, it was only half an hour away and has some beautiful buildings as well as a nice tea shop called The Wally Tea Rooms which does a fab belgian waffle! I would recommend using the tram in Ghent as the centre is far from the station, get off at Korenmarket. With regards to the hotel I would stay here again and will be looking out for Renaissance in other cities.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Enjoy the energy of Belgium's capital city from sophisticated accommodations at Renaissance Brussels Hotel. Enjoy staying in the heart of the European Quarter at our hotel in Brussels located near famous destinations in the city centre. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Marriott, Expedia, Travelocity, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Agoda, Orbitz, Priceline, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Renaissance Brussels Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Brussels Renaissance
- Renaissance Hotel Brussels
- Renaissance Brussels Hotel Belgium