This is yet another 'favourite' hotel and city and, like many others, have been there several times. The hotel rooms have been upgraded and are even better than before. We always had a wonderful suite when we went (rooms ending with 08) but have stayed in the standard room the last 2 or 3 times, which is ok but not as good as the suites.
Service is ok but not exceptional, apart from 'Joe', THE concierge to see for just about any help you need at all - a fantastic guy, with a beautiful family. An example of their bad service is the last time we stayed I went down to reception at around 9:15pm to get a coffee and was told at the bar that 'the coffee machine had been cleaned and coffee was no longer available!
This was then followed up, when I went to reception to complain, by the receptionist pointing out that I could always make coffee in the room myself. I promply went out of the hotel and went to the Radisson Blu hotel, which is just round the corner, and received a warm welcome from the barman and a great cup of espresso (with biscuits) in a nice lounge.
Come on Marriott group - what are you doing?
Brussels is a very small city and after seeing the 'Grand Place' a few times is a bit samey, but with the Belgium beers, food and chocolates we still love it. If you go by Eurostar it is just a few short train rides and a small walk to the hotel, and if you go by car it always has underground parking spaces - so very simple.
There is a lively square near the hotel with some very lively bars in the early evening for a bit of life - it is after all right next to the European Parliament - and about a 30 minute walk to the city centre through a park which is very nice. You can of course get a cab or bus from the square if you want to.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Enjoy the energy of Belgium's capital city from sophisticated accommodations at Renaissance Brussels Hotel. Enjoy staying in the heart of the European Quarter at our hotel in Brussels located near famous destinations in the city centre. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline, Marriott, Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Booking.com, Agoda, Orbitz, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Renaissance Brussels Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Brussels Renaissance
- Renaissance Hotel Brussels
- Renaissance Brussels Hotel Belgium