Hotel Leopold
  • Pool
$158
$115
  • Breakfast included
Thon Hotel Bristol Stephanie(Ixelles)(Great Value!)
$150
$93
$77
$75
  • Breakfast included
Hotel Le Berger(Ixelles)(Great Value!)
$68
Made in Louise(Ixelles)
$109
  • Bar/Lounge
1,046 results
All reviewseuropean parliamentexecutive roomfamily run hotelthe grand placeshort breakcold meatscity centreminute walkthree nightsbars and restaurantsroyal palacedouble bedpleasant staylovely hoteltea and coffeecooked breakfastcroissants
Reviewed June 21, 2014 via mobile

I booked this hotel through a deal with Thomas cook. I really loved the hotel, it was very clean and inviting, the staff were really nice and our room was cleaned within a short time of us leaving our room. Nice breakfast and dinner, however my husband didn't agree. We stayed in room 211 which is right about the 4 star sign at the front of hotel, unfortunately I had to go buy ear plugs from a local chemist, the noise of traffic was awful and couldn't sleep on the first night, the World Cup games were playing also so there was a lot of noise of celebration etc. My only other negative comment would be is how uncomfortable the beds were :-( both me and my husband suffered with aching backs for hours after waking up each morning, and the pillows are strange and uncomfortable. Other then that our stay at this hotel was wonderful!
I doubt we would stay again just because we didn't find brussels itself very inviting and wasn't very friendly.

Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Hannah W
Leopold39, Manager at Hotel Leopold, responded to this reviewResponded June 23, 2014

Dear Hannah W
I am happy to see you enjoyed your time with us. We think we have a very homely welcoming hotel, so I am glad you agree!!
However, I am genuinely puzzled by the traffic noise you are referring too...buses stop running around 1130 and there are perhaps 10 cars that pass at night during the weekends. Our windows are doubleglazed. If you are so sensitive to noise maybe it is best to ask for a room at the rear of the hotel - we have 80% not on the street - or perhaps book only hotels in the countryside :). As to the World Cup celebrations, it happens once every 12 years in Belgium :(
Again, regarding the bed, they are all new this year - 180cm wide, double matrasses (not twins pushed together), boxsprings with a foam topper. Of course bed comfort is very personal but with more than 20 of our guests wanting to buy the beds having stayed with us...?
It is always sad to hear that guests haven't totally enjoyed their time with us in Brussels but in future just ask at Reception ofr a change of room/bed - we want to amke sure all our clients leave completely satisfied and a room change is generally easy to do !

Reviewed June 17, 2014

This hotel is a short distance (approx 400m) from the European Parliament and Briussels Luxembourg Railway Station. There is a square with cafe bars less than 150m away, including grocery stores. We had a suite/room 811, which overlooked the street, I would recommend asking for a courtyard room as the bins get emptied early in the morning and the restaurants put the bottles and glass out and can be noisy. The room was a great size, walk in wardrobe, kitchen in a cupboard.
To walk to Grand Sablon and Grand Place is all downhill, and you walk past the Royal Palace. It is 1 to 1.5 km walk downhill, however, you are uphill coming back.
Strange thing is the Friday night beside the hotel the bars and restaurants were really busy, however, most are closed at the weekend.
We ate in the hotel on the Sunday night and the food was good service was good, however, there were very few customers so the atmosphere was very flat.
Breakfast was excellent, plenty of variety.
My only gripe was the treatment of the checkin staff be a manager (Mamhood?) who seemed to bully the girl who appeared to be doing OK and had explained the sign in procedure, I heard it as I was filling in a form and thought it was banter, however, when I looked up I saw it was not. The girl then showed us up to the room, I felt uncomfortable about her treatment and asked if she was OK she said she was.

Room Tip: Ask for a courtyard room for quietness.
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple
Leopold39, Manager at Hotel Leopold, responded to this reviewResponded June 18, 2014

Dear WillBill55
Many thanks for your positive feedback about your recent stay with us.
Yes, we have a great location and the 800 rooms are recently renovated and are certainly spacious. Noise is a very personal thing, which some people are more sensitive to than others. The majority of our rooms face away from the street and, of course, we do everything possible to meet guests requests regarding room placement.
Because we are in a mixed business/residential area the weekends are very quiet - one of the reasons we have such an ideal location of leisure visitors !
I think you have misunderstood our Front Office Manager's conversation with one of our reception staff, as they were speaking in French, I can assure you it was not as you thought. Lara was in her first few days of working with us and was learning about the job, procedures and hotel.
We look forward to welcoming you back soon

Reviewed June 11, 2014

Hotel excellent and very friendly. We had free wi fi in the rooms. The staff went that extra mile for us when we didnt understand the bus/metro system.Breakfast was a good mix of cooked and cold buffet. Hotel located outside the square in the business secter so very quiet at night. The beds vere very good. All in all I would book again by choice.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Teriruby
Leopold39, Manager at Hotel Leopold, responded to this reviewResponded June 13, 2014

Dear Teriruby
Thank you for your kind comments about your recent stay at our family run hotel. We are very proud of our friendly service, so I am happy to hear that you were well looked after.
A good nights sleep in a comfortable bed and a full choice breakfast are essentials for our guests...
We look forward to welcoming you back to your home in Brussels

Reviewed May 29, 2014

My friend and I stayed here during the Brussels jazz marathon.
Prior to our stay we had various questions, all of which were promptly and courteously answered.
Our room on the fifth floor was refurbished, spacious and had all the facilities we were expecting and more. Clean, comfortable and as quiet as would be expected given we stayed in a festival city.
All of our requirements and questions were dealt with in a very friendly and timely manner. We found all of the staff helpful and happy to assist with local information.
Breakfast was busy but plentiful. My only comment may be to offer a vegetarian option more.
All in all a very pleasant stay in Brussels and we would definitely recommend this friendly hotel.

• Stayed: May 2014
3  Thank Kathy M
Leopold39, Manager at Hotel Leopold, responded to this reviewResponded May 30, 2014

Dear kath196
It's always a pleasure to have feedback about our staff. We try our hardest to make every guests stay a memorable one, so it's great to see we managed that with you.
Point taken about vegetarian breakfast options. We look at what we offer for breakfast on a regular basis and change the choices weekly. Chef will have a discussion with our F&B manager...
We look forward to welcoming you back soon for the Christmas Markets maybe ?

Reviewed May 3, 2014

I stayed for 3 nights. The hotel price included a buffet breakfast which has good spread of hot dishes and cold cut meat (hot sausages, hot baked beans, scrambled eggs, fries, bacon, ham, salami etc). Coffee is good (expresso machine) and there is a wide selection of tea. Wifi is free in the lobby and in the breakfast area. So you can surf while having a nice breakfast :-)

My room has twin beds. There is a small writing table next to the LCD TV. The bathroom has a bathtub. There is a safe and fridge but not kettle. The room is large by european standards.

The location is very convenient for people going to the EU business. It takes about 20 min for a leisurely walk to the grand place. The route is scenic - along the way you will see the royal palace and park, musical instruments museum and you will get to see the grand palace tower from an elevated location.

It is also a short walk 15-20min (or 2 metro stops) to waterloo (Louise Metro) where the branded goods are located (LV, Gucci etc). I went there to the Nespresso boutique to get coffee capsules. From there it is a 5 min walk to the Palace of Justice (law courts). You can go into the place to view its architecture (it is free of charge).

Overall, i enjoyed my stay at the hotel. I think many reviewers have attached pictures of the hotel and rooms. So I have attached some pictures I took along the walk to Grand Place and the Palace of Justice instead. Enjoy :-)

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business
5  Thank Dickson P
Leopold39, Manager at Hotel Leopold, responded to this reviewResponded May 5, 2014

Dear Spikey1848
Great to read your honest and positive review of your stay with us.
We continue to improve our large buffet breakfast and as you say offer great fresh coffee and a wide variety of teas.
As you have written most of our rooms are larger than average for a city centre hotel, though we do have 12 single rooms which we sell at a reduced rate for those looking for a cheaper option.
We look forward to welcoming you back next time