“Spring Break”

Hotel Leopold Brussels
Ranked #5 of 15 Hotels in Ixelles
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed April 2, 2014

We stayed here at the end of March. The hotel is within walking distance of all of the major city centre attractions and is only a short walk from the metro station. Our room was large, well equipped and very clean,and the chocolates were superb too. The staff were very helpful, especially when I made a complete mess of setting up the room safe. Our room (812) was very quiet and the lift was right outside of the room. Breakfast was very busy but you expect that at the weekend and the staff kept all of the food topped up but still had time to be pleasant and greet you with a smile. A very enjoyable break!

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Roberta M
Leopold39, Manager at Hotel Leopold Brussels, responded to this reviewResponded April 4, 2014

Dear Roberta M
Its great to hear that you had a pleasant stay with us and that you were well looked after. Our staff do their best to make you feel welcome :)
We look forward to welcoming you back next time you are in Brussels

Write a ReviewReviews (1,000)

Reviewed March 29, 2014

I stayed at the Hotel Leopold, Brussels at the beginning of March as part of a conference.
We had a family emergency and the gentlemen at reception on my first night were incredibly helpful in trying to print off documents and sending faxes for me to try and sort things out.

I stayed in a nice room; the bed was comfortable; the shower worked; the toiletries were nice.
Another in our party had a large room with a huge bathroom. Very impressive!

As part of the conference we ate at the hotel and the food was excellent.
Similarly we ate in the hotel restaurant the next night and all in our party enjoyed their meal.

The hotel is located close to the Royal Palace, the museum quarter and where the European Parliament buildings are. We walked through the area after the conference and it was very safe.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
Leopold39, Manager at Hotel Leopold Brussels, responded to this reviewResponded March 31, 2014

Dear Clairetje88
Thank you for your kind and honest comments about your stay with us. I guess as a regular business traveler you know what you are talking about, so it's pleasing to hear a professional thinks we look after our guests well !!
As you observed we have a large proportion of rooms as 'upgraded' ones and I think it's well worth the little extra it costs to have a larger renovated room
We look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel and restaurant next time you are in town

Reviewed March 25, 2014

I stay in this hotel almost once a month, mostly for two consecutive nights. The hotel is of good quality. Breakfast, dinner, and bar are good. Rooms are spacious and clean. WiFi is not always stable, so using Skype does not always work. Depending on the location of your room, you can have a bit of traffic noise in the morning. The location to many EU institutions is perfect, almost all buildings are within walking distance.

Room Tip: Try to avoid a room looking out on the Rue du Luxembourg, as buses start passing early in the mornin...
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business

Dear Henk P
So nice to see one of our regulars saying nice things about us !
It's true those with a sensitive ear will hear a bit of traffic in our rooms on the front of the hotel. We are, after all, situated in the centre of the European area in Brussels :)
We had a few problems with WiFi a couple of weeks ago due to signal interference from Belgacoms new 4G network but this seems to be OK now. Let us know next time you are staying with us

Reviewed March 23, 2014

We stayed here as a week long sight seeing trip. Room was regularly cleaned and well presented, the breakfast was good with plenty of choices but sometimes a little chaotic with business people. This was a good location away from the noisy center but a short metro ride to all main stations. We loved Brussels itself and visited Bruges, Ghent, Ypres and Antwerp the hotel provided an ideal location. Staff were multi lingual and very friendly giving advice on our planned trips. Attached to the hotel is a brasserie where the food and wine are first rate. It has a bar and service is good. When busy it is necessary to book a table to avoid disappointment. My only complaint was not really about the hotel but about the high levels of street crime. We were not robbed but two attempts were made one in the metro station where a Romanian child tried to take my wallet while I was buying tickets (I caught him and he ran to his nearby mother) and one right outside the hotel where a man tried to walk off with my coat as I sorted out my luggage. Lovely city but currently over run with thieves and beggars. We spoke to two other guests who were not as lucky as us and had personal items stolen - beware. Hotel staff are brilliant if you need to leave valuables either in a safe in your room or in a safe at reception.

Room Tip: We asked for an inwards facing room so as not to hear street noise and I think this is good advice i...
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank 679christyd
Leopold39, Manager at Hotel Leopold Brussels, responded to this reviewResponded March 24, 2014

Dear 679christyd
It is great to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. Good service and excellent value for money are what we are striving for- so it looks like we hit the spot with you.
We look forward to welcoming you warmly back to Brussels soon

Reviewed March 23, 2014

I can't believe the negative reviews given by people who have stayed here! It's a lovely hotel, we were in an amazing upgraded executive room, with no complaints from us. We had breakfast & evening meals and they were perfect. Unfortunately I arrived in Brussels with a miserable cold, but the beautiful hotel & service of staff made me feel loads better!! We walked into the city centre every day, lots to see and do! Loved the chocolates in the room & free wifi (as it was included with the rail bookers package)!
Perfect Valentines, just a shame I was ill!
Maybe I should blame the hotel for this....as some stupid reviewers on here seem to want to blame the hotel for anything!!!
Thank you again for making our valentine weekend perfect

Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple

Dear mariekevin32
Thank you very much for your kind and honest comments about your recent stay with us. I am happy that you enjoyed yourselves and that you were well looked after.
We too are amazed by some of the negative, and quite frankly, bizarre comments we see on this website. They do not reflect reality nor what our customers keep telling us to our faces !
We are all about giving high levels of service and a homely feel, so great to hear that's what you liked !
We look forward to welcoming you back soon

Reviewed March 18, 2014

Three couples at the Leopold for three nights. We found the place to be welcoming, well located and well run. Our rooms - upgraded as per our deal - were spacious, attractively decorated and efficiently cleaned each day. The breakfast - constantly replenished hot and cold buffets, wonderfully fresh pastries and an interesting variety of breads plus fruit, yoghurt and cereals were as good as I have found in any hotel anywhere. The self serve coffee machines were easy to use and made great coffee. It's a pleasant 20 minutes walk to the centre - or 7 euros by cab. Behind the hotel in the Ixelles district there are lots of interesting bars and restaurants and I would particularly recommend Le Clan des Belges restaurant opposite the Boniface church. In short, I can't fault the place and look forward to staying at the Leopold again next time I visit Brussels.

Room Tip: We had room 813 - essentially a family suite with an extra bedroom and lots of light and space. Grea...
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank amt57
Leopold39, Manager at Hotel Leopold Brussels, responded to this reviewResponded March 19, 2014

Dear amt57
It is great to hear that we surpassed your expectations and that you were well looked after.
We are very proud of our service and our breakfast, so it's good to see you agree!!

We look forward to welcoming you back to our homely hotel the next time you are in Brussels

Reviewed March 11, 2014

well I don't know how this hotel received all there stars.....I mean the pictures look great and when you enter the hotel you still impressed. The staff speaks lots of different languages but the shock was in the room.....too small and they haven't even cleaned it. Never had this before and I stayed in loads of hotels.....well they gave us a free drink at the bar. Also upstairs looked like a building side.

The only thing I was impressed was the restaurant area and the breakfast, huge and great quality but to be honest for the rest I wouldn't recommend. It is also a bit outside of the city center. The restaurants around it are too expensive so just wait and better use the once in town

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
Leopold39, Manager at Hotel Leopold Brussels, responded to this reviewResponded March 12, 2014

Dear saNNy82
Sorry to hear we were a big disappointment to you - we are genuinely very surprised to read your comments. We cannot find any trace of your booking nor of any complaint in our log books during June of 2013 when you claimed to have stayed with us. Are you sure you have the right hotel ?
All I can say is if we gave a room that hadn't been cleaned, my greatest apologies - we do make mistakes from time to time. If this occurs it takes us 20 minutes to clean and prepare the room and we would of course offer you a drink in the bar while you waited.
There were no works going on in our hotel in June, so again I am not sure what 'building site' you are referring to.
We are located in a prime position next to the EU Parliament in the centre of Brussels and are surrounded by restaurants where you can eat a kebab for 3 eur or a gastronomic meal for 100 eur, with everything in between.
We receive our star rating from the independent Flemish Tourism authority and are also in the process of renovating the hotel over the next 18 months - 50% is already complete. The photos on our website are accurate and realistic, although it is fair to say we have a wide variety of room sizes and types.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Ixelles
Radisson RED Brussels
Hotel Metropole
Hotel Metropole
#74 of 199 in Brussels
NH Collection Brussels Centre

Been to Hotel Leopold Brussels? Share your experiences!