Hotel Leopold Brussels
Hotel Chambord(Brussels)
  • Breakfast included
  • Pool
1,039 results
All reviewseuropean parliamentexecutive roomfamily run hotelthe grand placeshort breakcold meatscity centreminute walkthree nightsbars and restaurantsroyal palacedouble bedpleasant staylovely hoteltea and coffeecooked breakfastcroissants
FilterAll languages
Reviewed May 8, 2013 via mobile

The hotel is very well located (5 minutes walking from Trône metro station), the staff is helpful, the room is not huge but perfectly reasonable, it's well equiped and in a good shape (I guess I got a recently refurbished one), the breakfast is very good and in a very pleasant room (with glass roof and so lots of natural light) and the prices are reasonable (actually I even got a better price directly from my travel agency than from the usual online booking platforms - 75 EUR per night).

So, everything was very good. The only thing that annoyed me was the wi-fi policy: I understand that they charge for a professional high-speed service, but nowadays it doesn't make any sense to have a regular connection free of charge just in the public areas - I also needed it in my room... And that is the only reason which can make me think about trying a different hotel in a next staying in Brussels.

1  Thank sbrunocosta
Leopold39, Manager at Hotel Leopold Brussels, responded to this reviewResponded May 10, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to post a review of your stay with us and for your kind words.
You are generally better off booking direct with the hotel or going through your travel agents than using the likes of Booking.com and Expedia, where many extras are not included in the price (city tax for example).
Our wifi policy is set up to provide a service that suits as many guests as possible. We understand that away from home people want to keep in touch with emails etc and to checkout things on the web. If we allowed free wifi in rooms then we know that many customers suck bandwidth by downloading films etc. That results in poor internet connection for everyone. We therefore invested a large sum of money in setting up a separate line, and professional high speed connection. We only charge 10 eur for 24 hours...
Before you book another hotel next time, please contact me direct and I am sure we can arrange a package that includes high speed internet for you.

Reviewed May 8, 2013

Although teh reception was friendly we encounterd a nasty surprise!
We stayed for two days. At 07.30 in the morning after the first night they started hammering, cutting and drilling in the floor above our room. Nobody told us that they were going to renovate a complete floor of the hotel in this weekend. No appologies on our complain or any kind of compensation was offerd. The next morning they started a little later, probably because they had to go to Mass before working on a sunday.
The room was very small, no bath just a shower. On the door the regular price was stated: € 305 for a night. Only an idot or someone from the European Commitee (because we have to pay it and not the lousy b..... self) would pay such an outrages price. In mine opinion is the maximum they can ask, without the noise, € 69 per night.
Hospitatlity in Belgium is non excistend!

Room Tip: Find an other hotel!
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Paul T
You only embarrass yourself by writing such ridiculous comments on a public website. 'Hospitality in Belgium is non-existent' !!! Better stay at home with such prejudices...

The Saturday morning you refer to, we had a technician making a repair to a door frame at 0900. As I was standing next to him as he repaired it I know that he drilled 2 holes into a piece of wood that took less than 4 seconds each time. No other machine tools were used and certainly no room renovation were taking place. On the second morning (Sunday) there were no technicians in the hotel at any hour - before or after mass !
Your room was 16m2 and as a Standard Double room had a shower and no bath as advertised on our website.

Reviewed May 7, 2013

Just got back from a two-night stay at this hotel. The price was included in a package so my review is tempered with the fact that I paid much less than normal rates, but I have nothing but praise. It's a funny, quirky little hotel.

The staff are wonderful and suitably multilingual. Several of them went out of their way to help me find restaurants and give me general sightseeing advice, even recommending concerts that day. The room itself was perfectly adequate and the bed was absolutely divine. I understand the rooms are still undergoing renovations, and I'm not sure whether or not mine had been updated, but it was very nice either way. The breakfast served in the terrace room was excellent, and the hotel bar and brasserie had amazing food and nice drinks for a pretty reasonable price (about the same as other restaurants in the area).

The only little quirk of the hotel is that the corridors are a complete maze, and it might take you several times of following signs before you memorise your way to your room. Even then, that to me was part of its strange and unique aura. I definitely enjoyed this hotel, and the location couldn't possibly be any better (a bit of a trek from the city centre/Grand Place, but right in the European Quarter and almost next to the entrance to the European Parliament). Not only would I stay here again, but I'm already planning my return!

Room Tip: Closest to the lifts would help, as the corridors are hard to navigate. Also, try to get a room facing out. The rooms facing in give you a lovely view of the hotel's internal structure, which is basically an ageing 1960s concrete block. Not exactly picturesque!
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank daada1

Dear daada
Its very kind of you to write such a positive review about your stay with us.
We are glad you liked our quirkiness. We do try and be a bit different to all the chain hotels and want you to discover a bit of Belgium whilst you stay with us. Family run and proudly independent is our motto !
Our staff do their best to go above and beyond what is required and we are justifiably proud of them. I will pass on your comments.
Your room, in fact, was not one that we have renovated yet but it is on the cards to be done in the next 4 months.
Its true that some of the rooms are situated along a corridor with a few twists and turns - part of the charm of a 100 year old building made up of 7 town houses :)
We are really looking forward to welcoming you back and if there is anything you need be sure to let us know in advance

Reviewed May 7, 2013

WE stayed at this hotel for 3 nights 19/04/13 and had two rooms which were very comfortable, up- graded to junior suites,each morning we had a vey nice breakfast with pleanty to choose from, this hotel offers GREAT VALUE FOR MONEY,all the staff were very nice and it seemed a little bit more friendly that the big hotel chains.
The hotel was very well placed at the back of the royal palace and only a ten min walk down to the grand place.
WHEN NEXT VISITING BRUSSELS WILL CHECK OUT AVAILABILITY AT THIS HOTEL FIRST.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank 186402Ian
Reviewed April 30, 2013

This is a very good budget hotel, right next to the European Parliament. All major attractions are at a walkable distance.
The quality of bed is decent. You can very easily get a room upgrade.

The rooms towards the street can be noisy, but nothing too bad.

The breakfast buffet is decent. The in-house restaurant is good, so is the bar

Room Tip: Try to get a room not towards the street
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Sunil K
Leopold39, Manager at Hotel Leopold Brussels, responded to this reviewResponded May 2, 2013

Dear AmmuSunil
Many thanks for your kind and very positive comments. We have never been described as a budget hotel before but I am happy you found the price and quality very good !
Of course you are correct that rooms facing the street may have some traffic noise if you are light sleeper. We are in a very central city location after all. We have many rooms which face our courtyard at the 'back' of the hotel.
It is good to see you made use of our brasserie and bar facilities !
We look forward to welcoming you home when you are next in Brussels