Hotel Leopold Brussels
Hotel Chambord(Brussels)
  • Breakfast included
  • Pool
1,039 results
All reviewseuropean parliamentexecutive roomfamily run hotelthe grand placeshort breakcold meatscity centreminute walkthree nightsbars and restaurantsroyal palacedouble bedpleasant staylovely hoteltea and coffeecooked breakfastcroissants
FilterAll languages
Reviewed October 21, 2012

If you are traveling on business and particuarly for the European Parilment dont hesistate booking this. A very short walk from the Pariment building. The rooms are simple but comfortable (Note: no tea or coffee making facilities). Brerakfast is excellent.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
3  Thank Clive1954
Reviewed October 17, 2012

I was very disappointed with the service provided by the Leopopld Hotel. I was booked a double room (which I already paid) for single use but when I actually entered the room I was able to see that I was accommodated at the single room. Following this, I went to the reception and asked for the explanation for this mystake. At first, I was told by the receptionist that all double rooms are occupied in the hotel and that Gala Hotels did not provide the booking for me on time in oder to have a double room as indicated on the voucher. Later, after a few minutes, the staff of the Hotel Leopold informed me that there is actually one double room still free and that I can transfer to this room, which eventually I did. Beacuse of this described situation, I really felt as an unwanted guest at the hotel and that I have overpaid my accommodation at this hotel. On top of that, both of the rooms were not clean as I found somedy elses hair in the bathroom and on the bed.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Galahotels.com
Leopold39, Manager at Hotel Leopold Brussels, responded to this reviewResponded October 19, 2012

Dear Ms Dresaj

I have sent you a personal message through your Tripadvisor account...

I am very sorry for the problems you encountered on your checkin to our hotel last Monday.
Although you booked at Gala Hotels, the reservation was made through an agency called Transhotel. By the time of your arrival we had not received the booking from them so you were not in our system. My colleague Delphine did her best to a find you a room - literally the last in the hotel and then was fortunate enough to be told that one of a group had cancelled their double room so we were able to give you the room you wanted directly.
I am very sorry if you didn't feel wanted by our staff. I can assure you that this is not the case. We are a private family run hotel and try to treat all our clients as individuals. Clearly this did not come across to you !
Please contact me directly (see message) the next time you come to Brussels and I will make sure you are looked after very well !!
Once more my apologies and I hope we can restore your faith in the Leopold Hotel Brussels EU

Reviewed October 17, 2012

Stayed here a few nights on business. Reading the other reviews, it seems this hotel must have very different types of rooms. My ‘double’ was small and basic, certainly not worth the high rate paid. The bathroom had a nasty smell of bad plumbing. When I arrived, my non-smoking room smelled of smoke. While the reception and restaurant could be classified as 4 star, my room was more like one in a 2 star hotel. Breakfast was good but very crowded: one often had to compete with other guests for space and some food items. On the positive side, the reception staff were friendly and efficient and the location is convenient for EU institutions. But next time I will stay in the city center again, where you can get a better room for half the price!

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business

Dear Joe
Thank you for taking the time to write of your time at the Leopold Hotel
Indeed you are correct, we do have a wide variety of room types. About 50% of the hotel is Standard Rooms and the rest upgrade ones - Executives, Junior Suites, Suites and Apartments. As I have mentioned in previous replies at booking you have the choice of 1) booking directly with the hotel or booking through a 3rd party. In order to get the room type you want it is always much better to book directly with the hotel; your choice 2) is the type of room you book - the cheapest will always be the smallest with the least facilities. If you bought a car and took the cheapest option you would not expect to have all the bells and whistles...it's the same in hotels
We have an excellent hot and cold buffet breakfast with fresh local produce, served from 7-10 during the week. If you take breakfast at 8-830, that's what everyone else does. I am sure when you go to work in the morning you don't expect the roads and trains to be empty ? To avoid the crowds we do offer a Room Service breakfast...
Prices in Brussels vary tremendously depending on when you come. If it's a European Summit period the hotels around the EU will have high prices - of it's a convention at the Square then the hotels next to Grand Place will have high prices
I am glad you were happy with your stay in general and that the staff made you feel welcome
We look forwarding to welcoming you back to our family run 4* hotel in the centre of Brussels

Reviewed October 16, 2012

Just back from a 3 night break , great location so easy to get to and within walking distance from everything we wanted to see and do ! Hotel great very clean and a free upgrade to a suite on arriaval only negative no tea and coffee making facilities in our room even though we had a kitchette.
Dont bother with taxi or train from airport 3 euros 50 on bus 12\21 which stops on the corner and runs every 10 mins
Will be re booking for the new year

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Sarah W
Reviewed October 15, 2012

Leopold Hotel Brussels, I stayed at The Leopald Hotel with a friend on a three night short break to Brussels, the Hotel is near to the EU Headquarters and is in a great position for getting around being only a five minuet walk from the Metro Station and on the bus routes.

The Hotel staff made us very welcome and upgraded our room to a Junior Suite, although the room was very large we had no view the only windows being in the roof, the room was spotlessly clean and the beds very comfortable. We ate at the hotel in the evening we couldn't fault the service or the food which was also priced reasonably for a capital city restaurant. If I were to make one negative comment it would be the lack of tea or coffee making facilities in the rooms, we did ask if we could have a cup of tea or coffee on the Saturday afternoon and was told that this was not available until the bar opened at 7pm, we had to then go out in the poring rain and find a coffee shop that was open on a Saturday afternoon, quite a task in this area on a Saturday as most place were shut for the weekend by then.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank Leo-lady48
Leopold39, Manager at Hotel Leopold Brussels, responded to this reviewResponded October 16, 2012

Dear Le Lady
Many thanks for your kind review of our hotel
You are right - we are in a great position for exploring Brussels and I am happy that our staff made you welcome
We have our own cleaning staff in-house and our Housekeeping Manager is extremely proud of the cleanliness of the hotel. I shall pass your remarks to her and the team
I am glad you enjoyed our brasserie - we have the best prices and service in the area. On top of that our chef, Jean makes sure all the produce is freshly prepared!
I am very sorry about the tea and coffee facilities. It is true we do not put them in every room but we do have kettles with tea and coffee available at Reception. I have had a word with the Receptionist involved but I am sorry we made you head out into the rain!
Next time you are staying with us, let me know and I will make sure you have more than enough tea and coffee