I always read peoples comments on TripAdvisor for all the hotels I have stayed at and I laugh to myself at peoples remarks! So I have finally decided to join and comment myself.
I visited Brussels 25th May - 29th May for my birthday. My mother had stayed the year previously and said very good comments about it so I decided to stay there also.
I arrived at the hotel and staff told me they had upgraded me, at first I thought it was maybe because they knew it was my birthday but no it was just a free update. We walked through the restaurant area to the sign saying apartments. I got into a tiny little lift and I was staying in room 905. The lift was my very own lift to my apartment!! Amazing!!
The room was huge, bigger than my own flat. The apartment was 2 floors with a spiral staircase, a bed upstairs and a double bed downstairs. There was a kitchen area and bathroom.
In response to other peoples comments
1) People have moaned about the noise and the windows not being sound proofed - Who really cares. Do u sleep at home in utter silence. I think not. From living in London the sound of people walking past makes a change from police sirens
2) People have moaned about the kitchen area. Did you pay to eat from the hotel room. No you came to visit Brussels and experience different food. You dont expect to sit and eat from the room do you? The kitchen area had glasses, plates and a fridge! More than enough
3) People have moaned about the bathroom. The bathroom was huge with a toilet and shower. What do you expect there to be, hot tub included with jacuzzi?
4) People have moaned about the breakfast...there was continental breakfast served ie croissants, ham, cheese and also hot food. Plenty of food! Seriously how much do people need to eat in the morning? This isnt america!
All in all I had a lovely time. I am so sick of people moaning. The hotel was a 10 min walk to the city centre, around the corner from the metro. Ideal place if you want to visit Brussels and have a moan free holiday.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Family run independent 4* hotel convenient for European Parliament and Brussels' historic centre. 107 rooms and suites for business and families - triples, quads and apartments for families. Excellent restaurant with local fresh cuisine. Glass-roofed inner terrace garden for meals and extensive buffet breakfast. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with MyHotelShop, Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Agoda, Travelocity, Orbitz, Hotwire, TripOnline SA and getaroom.com so you can book your Hotel Leopold Brussels reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Leopold Hotel Brussels
- Hotel Leopold Brussels Belgium