“Good Value in a crowded tourist place”
Review of L'epicerie

L'epicerie
Reserve with
L'epicerie is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #56 of 186 Restaurants in Ixelles
Cuisines: Delicatessen
Brussels, Belgium
“Good Value in a crowded tourist place”
Reviewed August 18, 2014

I had been at ´Chez Victoŕ in Cancale harbour several year ago, during a rainy winterday as you only find in Britanny, with an incredible sky is meeting a threatening sea at the horizon. Victor was one of the only few places open at that time. We had an excellent souvenir from our lunch. So when we passed through Cancale again, now during summer, we opted again for ´Victoŕ. Although now there were probably 30 other restaurants open. ´Victor is perfectly located at the corner wher the sea meets the land. And it was the only place already çrowded at 12 noon sharp, while most other places were still sitting idle. ´Chez Victoŕ is not the most fancy place, but they have very decent food at a sharp price. A 15 € menu gives you a appetizer, a main dish and dessert, all with several options. We had 6 excellent oysters, a full serving of mussels and pancacke for dessert. Some of our friends had other picks from the menu, all as nicely served. As in many places well run, it takes the boss to be present and active. ´Viçtoŕ (although i am not sure that is the guýs real name) is visible, coaching his team, and service is fast, friendly and courtous, in spite of the rush hour and a full house. I like those places, who have a visible tradition, are not overdoing it, serve good food and believe firmly that the customer is important. Well done, and next time i am in Cancale, i will be back at Victoŕs!

• Visited August 2014

Brussels, Belgium
“Best sandwich I've ever had and a lovely owner”
Reviewed July 7, 2014

A very cosy hidden place. Good music, nice ambiance. I've had excellent hearty, home cooked vegetable soups there several times but the after sandwich that I just ate, I felt like I need to share this treasure with other people too. Guacamole in a sandwich is just the best thing ever!

• Visited July 2014
1 Thank Suuvs
Chicago, Illinois
“Lovely lunch spot”
Reviewed May 30, 2014

My husband and I enjoyed a quiet, casual lunch at this restaurant last week (we went in late and appeared to have missed the lunch rush). Everything was from scratch and made with a lot of care. The sandwiches are really nice, but would recommend going with one of the specials - my husband had a chicken rice bowl that was awesome.
The owner is very friendly and the prices reasonable for the quality of the food.
Definitely recommend this spot for lunch if you are in the area.

• Visited May 2014
Brussels, Belgium
“Pretty good food - super nice service”
Reviewed February 20, 2014

A qiuck lunch for 2 today. Enjoyed the thai curry dish - great taste - lots of veggies - good rice. Small establishment with only the owner serving today. Very friendly service. Good tea selection. Most ingredients can also be bought in the store. The menu offered a lot of sandwiches which we will try next time. Recommended !

• Visited February 2014
“Best sandwich I've ever eaten!”
Reviewed July 26, 2013 via mobile

Came here for the good reviews from tripadvisor. The owner is a very nice and humble asian man who has decorated it into a cool place. I ordered a sandwich with guacamole and jambon and it was seriously the best sandwich I have ever tasted!

4 Thank ch4lle