“I have to write a mixed review”
Review of Elise

Elise
Ranked #113 of 183 Restaurants in Ixelles
Cuisines: Grill
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Luxembourg City, Luxembourg
“I have to write a mixed review”
Reviewed August 11, 2012

This is a difficult review to write as my experiences with this restaurant have always been good except the last time (a disaster). The first 2 times we went, all was OK: super steaks, nice service, ok bill. Last time - however - service was terrible. We went there in a group of 10 (5 couples) after having reserved in advance. When the owner came to take the order, 2 ladies said they were not hungry and would thus limit themselves only to a starter. The owner said this was not possible: it was obligatory to take a main dish. This is absolutely ridiculous and unacceptable, especially when you consider that: (i) the other 8 persons had take both a starter and a main dish (and wine and water etc), (ii) the restaurant was half empty, (iii) the prices of the starters was almost as high as those of the main dishes.
We were tempted to leave immediately. However finally we stayed there, also because the owner (after insistence and making it clear he wasn't happy at all) "conceded us" to stay without forcing 2 of us to take what they did not want.
Thus, despite the very good steaks they serve, I think I am not going to go there again. I find that behavior totally unacceptable.

• Visited February 2012