“good hotel close to city centre”

Thon Hotel Bristol Stephanie
Ranked #3 of 15 Hotels in Ixelles
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed May 11, 2011

The Thon Bristol Stephanie hotel is located in Louise Avenue and it at walking distance to the Louise metro station, where it is possible to reach the city centre and EU/EC buildings which are located outside.
The hotel is clean and the staff professional and kind.
The room I booked was really big, with a large space and the toilet separated from the bathroom (maybe it is standard in Belgium, but not in modern hotels). The furniture looked a bit oldish, and the moquette updated, bur the overall impression was that the room was clean.
The room rate was quite high (360€) but this was surely related to a main event in the city, but it is not remarkable that internet access and breakfast was charged in addition to this rate.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled on business
Delord, Personal Assistant to the Area Director Benelux at Thon Hotel Bristol Stephanie, responded to this reviewResponded May 13, 2011

Dear Sir,

Thank you very much for taking the time to put a review on Trip Advisor regarding your last stay at the hotel.

We are delighted to know that you enjoyed your stay with us. It is always a pleasure to receive such positive comments from our guests.

Indeed, the price was high but you stayed during the period of the most important fair in Brussels.

Looking forward to the pleasure of welcoming you back to the Thon Hotel Bristol Stephanie in the near future, we remain,

PA to the Area Director Benelux

Reviewed May 7, 2011

Stayed here for one night with my wife en route to Amsterdam from France. The hotel and rooms are very nice and a great value. The only complaint I have is that the staff was not very friendly. This hotel seemed to be primary for business travelers and much of the staff made it seem as if the "backpackers" were low priority.

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled as a couple
Delord, Personal Assistant to the Area Director BeNeLux at Thon Hotel Bristol Stephanie, responded to this reviewResponded May 9, 2011

Dear Sir,

Thank you very much for taking the time to put a comment on Trip Advisor regarding your last stay at the Thon Hotel Bristol Stephanie.

We are delighted to know that you enjoyed your stay with us but have taken good note of your remark regarding the attitude of the staff.

Please accept our most sincere apologies for the inconvenience caused and be assured that action will be taken where appropriate in order to avoid this kind of incident in the future.

Looking forward to the pleasure of welcoming you back soon, we remain,

Personal Assistant to the Area Director BeNeLux

Reviewed May 4, 2011

Very nice hotel, with extra large room, modern, finely furnished, clean, spatious bathroom and the hotel well-located. The room was on 8th floor and though looking on the street not noisy at all.

Room Tip: Take higher floor.

Dear Sir,

We are delighted to know that you enjoyed your stay with us and can assure you that it is a pleasure for us to receive such positive comments from our guests.

Looking forward to the pleasure of welcoming you back soon, we remain,

Personal Assistant to the Area Director BeNeLux

Reviewed April 29, 2011

The Thon Hotel Bristol Stephanie is well located, walkable distance to the Chatelaine and Sablon areas as well as many major sights. The hotel has most amenities and we enjoyed a very restful stay. Bathroom was enormous, as was the rest of the room!

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled as a couple
Delord, Personal Assistant to the Regional Manager Benelux at Thon Hotel Bristol Stephanie, responded to this reviewResponded May 4, 2011

Dear Sir,

Thank you for taking the time to put a comment on Trip Advisor regarding your last stay at the Thon Hotel Bristol Stephanie.

We are delighted that you enjoyed your stay and would like to thank you for your positive comments.

Looking forward to the pleasure of welcoming you back to the hotel in the near future, we remain,

PA to the Area Director Benelux

Reviewed March 30, 2011

I am most annoyed with this hotel!

On arriving, as per normal for any hotel I handed over my bank card for "any charges to the room" and on checkout cleared my charges as normal. However what they didn't tell me is despite my company prepaying the bill for my stay they still put a hold on my card for the full price of my stay!

I only found this out when my card was rather embarrisngly refused elsewhere.

I phoned the hotel to be told the hold on my cash would drop off in "10 to 20 days" which I insisted was not right, eventually they phoned me back and said "2 to 3 days" to which I insisted to speak to their billing department. The guy in billing promised it would be returned that afternoon. That was monday, as of today (wednesday) I still don't have the cash released and whats worse is the company when I phone don't appear to be bothered about this.

As to the hotel itself:

My room was very tired, with a very uncomfotable bed, but was however very clean.
I had room service one night and the meal I got (bolognaise and choc mouse) was adequete but very overpriced for what I got.
Reception area and Bar were very comfortable and well staffed.
The Jacuzzi in the fitness area was out of order

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank Meklin
Delord, PA to the Area Director Benelux at Thon Hotel Bristol Stephanie, responded to this reviewResponded April 5, 2011

Dear Sir,

Please accept our most sincere apologies for the inconvenience caused by the withholding of your money on your credit card.

However, please be assured that the necessary had been done with the bank card company to release the money immediately when you had contacted the hotel but apparently the bank card company took some days to release this money.

We now know that everything is settled and thank you most sincerely for your understanding.

PA to Area Director Benelux
Thon Hotel Bristol Stephanie

Reviewed March 20, 2011

The hotel is nice. Clean, comfortable rooms. The single rooms are kind of small and all of them next to the elevators. Although it is not disturbing at all, I could not hear the elevator even at nigth!

The location can be ideal for business travelers, but not hat much for leisure. It is aprox a 30-40 minutes walk from the center (Grand Place) or apros a 10-15 € taxi drive.

There is a very nice restaurant just 2 minutes from the hotel. If you get out from the hotel and take the first street on the left, at the end of the street there is a nice litle restaurant.

Taxi to / from the airport is around 40€.

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled on business
2  Thank Gpeti
Delord, Personal Assistant to Area Director at Thon Hotel Bristol Stephanie, responded to this reviewResponded March 24, 2011

Dear Sir,
Thank you very much for taking the time to put a comment on Tripadvisor regarding your recent stay at the Thon Hotel Bristol Stephanie.
We are delighted to note that you enjoyed your stay with us and can assure you that your remarks are appreciated.
Concerning the Grand Place, please note that we are close to tram and metro stations which allow you to reach it very quickly.
Looking forward to the pleasure of welcoming you back in the near future, we remain,

PA to Area Director

Reviewed March 6, 2011

I stayed at this hotel recently with my husband on the way home to the US from a 3 week vacation in Africa and while the hotel is just what we were looking for--a clean, nice, cheap place to make a pit stop before continuing on the next 8 hour flight--I would not recommend it due to the very poor service.

Upon check-in, WITHOUT EVEN HAVING INQUIRED, my husband and I were told by the front desk associate that breakfast was included in our room rate and that we should enjoy the buffet at certain hours at the restaurant adjacent to the lobby. So we did. When we got home we received a credit card charge of USD $34 for the breakfast buffet. When we followed up by email to the hotel's customer service to have the charge reversed, they admitted that their associate gave us incorrect information but refused to honor what we were told and refused to reverse the charge.

After all of my back and forth communications with the hotel's customer service, it is very clear that management simply doesn't care about helping guests and would rather lose a client forever over $34 (which of course to me is more about the principle than the actual money) rather than correct an obvious wrong by their staff.

There are plenty of other places to stay in Brussells--do yourself a favor and go elsewhere.

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank mbelalc
Delord, Personal Assistant to the Area Director at Thon Hotel Bristol Stephanie, responded to this reviewResponded March 9, 2011

Dear Madam,
Thank you very much for taking the time to put a comment on Tripadvisor regarding your stay at the Thon Hotel Bristol Stephanie.
We are pleased to know that you enjoyed your stay.
However, we are very sorry about the issue you encountered with the payment of the breakfast and the attitude of the staff member.
Please accept our most sincere apologies for the inconvenience caused and be assured that action will be taken where appropriate in order to avoid this kind of problem in the future.

PA to Area Director BeNeLux

Also consider these accommodations in or near Ixelles
Made in Louise
NH Collection Brussels Grand Sablon
Pantone Hotel
Pantone Hotel
#6 of 22 in Saint-Gilles

Been to Thon Hotel Bristol Stephanie? Share your experiences!