“Affordable Luxury!”

Ranked #1 of 16 Hotels in Ixelles
Singapore, Singapore
“Affordable Luxury!”
Reviewed May 5, 2014

I booked a two-night stay at Made in Louise through the Eurostar package deal at a very affordable rate. I was a bit hesitant before booking as the hotel was quite a distance from Gare du Midi. But I was so glad I went ahead with the booking, convinced by the good reviews on Tripadvisor!

Pre-stay: I sent an email to confirm my reservation and I received a warm and friendly reply promptly.

During stay: With the help of google map, I managed to walk to the hotel from Gare du Midi, took me about 15 minutes, so it was not as bad as I thought, it is actually not very far in my opinion. The reception staff are always very friendly and they always answer my questions with a smile. The single room I stayed in (room 51) was spotlessly clean and spacious. I love how the big window lets in lots of sunlight to make the room bright and cheery. My room faces the court yard and I can hardly hear any traffic, every morning when I wake up from a good sleep, I can hear birds chirping outside, I really enjoyed the tranquility. The bed and pillows were crisp clean and smell nice. The shower area is enclosed within a glass door, so the sink and WC area are kept dry all the time. The toilet is well equipped with soap, cotton buds, cotton pads and shower cap. The towels are very clean and absorbent and are changed everyday. The breakfast room is very spacious and brightly lit. The crockery and food are placed neatly in an organised manner and there is an adequate variety of food like eggs, bread, waffles, cereal and cakes. The staff in the breakfast room are always checking to see if things are alright. In general, I feel that every staff at Made in Louise take great pride in their jobs! Well done!
Post-stay: The reception gladly kept my bag while I continue sightseeing before taking my train back to London. I highly recommend this hotel be it for holiday or business. During my stay, I saw families, couples, friends and businessmen, so there is a good mix of people staying at the hotel, which means it is a hotel that suits everyone! I will stay here again if I visit Brussels.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled solo
3 Thank Rebecca T

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (131)
  • Greek first
  • Thai first
St. John's, Canada
Reviewed May 2, 2014

A two week stay at Made in Louisa absolutely made my trip to Brussels. This nicely appointed, quiet comfortable hotel lives up to its billing. What really distinguishes it though, is the friendly, always professional staff. They are terrific. Finally, breakfast. The breakfast room is at the back of the ground floor and looks out over a garden. The renovation here has allowed a maximum amount of light. It is a very inviting room and the varied breakfast selection is gourmet. All in all, a considerable achievement.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled solo
2 Thank Robert_Oxley
Ecija, Spain
Reviewed April 26, 2014

Made in Louise was recommended by a friend of ours. I cannot say enough about the place and the staff. The whole hotel is so cute and quaint. We booked our room with breakfast and it was a nice variety (juices, coffee, tea, pastries, eggs, bacon, cream cheese, jams...). The eating room was bright and clean. The room was very large and the bathroom much larger than I expected for a European hotel. The hotel, while off the main road, was only about a 10 walk to the tram and subway stop (Louise). Would definately stay there again.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends
4 Thank Stephanie B
London, UK
Reviewed April 23, 2014

I found Made in Louise via tripadvisor reviews, and it was the perfect hotel for our quick stay in Brussels that we were looking for. The staff were very helpful during the booking process, and managed to secure an Exec room where they were able to add another small bed and a mattress in an adjoining section of the room to accommodate my 2 children which made this good value. We were also able to reserve parking in a secure location in an adjoining street. Note that driving in Brussels can be tricky, make sure to give way to drivers on the left, the sat nav did send me the wrong way on the main streets which can be tricky to address with tram sections also limiting ability to get back to the correct turn off.

We arrived late, which was no issue, the hotel checked us in quickly and made us a reservation to very nearby Italian restaurant, which was excellent in value and quality to feed the hungry mouths. The room and hotel facilities were very good, nice simple decor, lovely showers, and comfy bed. Beware if on the 6th floor you will need to carry luggage up a flight of stairs from the lift on the 5th floor. Also a small bar with good selection of beers, also a nice pool table kept the kids busy. Breakfast was just what we needed with a mix of continental and cooked breakfast. Soya milk also available.

Location is perfect, it's a quiet location, hotel will provide a map, 15/20 mins walk to main tourist centre, jump on the 92 tram and its only 10 mins, for €1 (valid on metro as well for an hour). The chocolate factory Zaabar is 5 min away as well. Would definately stay here again, helpful staff, lovely hotel, perfect for us.

Room Tip: Windows have black out shutters. Flight of stairs from 5th to 6th floor rooms. Exec room can be adap...
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
2 Thank Harpesharp
Reviewed April 21, 2014

Wonderful hotel. About a 15/20 minute walk away from the city centre. All the staff were extremely helpful and very welcoming. Breakfast was fantastic with a relatively large selection to choose from. Would definitely choose go back!

• Stayed April 2014
1 Thank Lizzie H
Oxted
Reviewed April 19, 2014

We had a very large room, recently renovated and stylish. Great big windows, clean, good storage. Excellent breakfast (included in room rate), nice lounge area with complementary tea and ability to buy snacks and drinks. Quiet neighbourhood out of the tourist centre but easy walk to metro/trams and walkable to Bozart and Fagey arts centre and many interesting small art galleries (get an art map at Aeroplastics gallery which is one street away from Hotel). Pop up trendy bar on the corner in an old shop, trendy fun. This is the nice non touristy area of town. We will stay here again! Great big room, nice service, great price. Remember to prebook restaurants for dinner during your trip as we found most good places booked out.

• Stayed February 2014
3 Thank CultureTouristUK
london
Reviewed April 18, 2014

After reading the reviews chose to stay at the Made in Louise and very glad we did
The hotel is very unique and clearly a lot of thought has gone into its design
The hotel is not in the centre but it wasn't when we booked it
The area around the hotel is fine with the avenue Louise the next street across which has all the designer shops etc
The service in the hotel is very good nothing is too much trouble
The rooms are spacious and light ours was a little noisy at night as we were on the street but I enjoy the atmosphere
The breakfast is excellent everything that you could want
To finish if you are used to a big chain hotel located in the centre this is not for you
If you want a lovely hotel with character away from the tourist area then this is it

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
2 Thank stuartp03
Also consider these accommodations in or near Ixelles
NH Collection Brussels Grand Sablon
#12 of 199 in Brussels
Sofitel Brussels Europe
Sofitel Brussels Europe
#5 of 199 in Brussels

Been to Made in Louise? Share your experiences!