“Lovely, modern, clean, good service, perfect.”
Review of Made in Louise

Made in Louise
Ranked #1 of 15 Hotels in Ixelles
Reviewed April 13, 2014

I went here at Christmas with my husband to go to the Christmas markets in Brussels and Bruges.

The hotel was in a good location, only 15 minutes walk to the nearest shopping street. Wehn we arrived, the customer service was excellent and the staff put on the little fire for us in the living space area. Everything was very clean and I loved the grey and white themed decor. There was lots of cosy cushions and furniture in the living space. There was also a little section which was like a cafe where various drinks including alcoholic drinks could be purchased at reasonable prices. The staff also served mulled wine for free to the guests sitting in the living space beside the file-this was a lovely little extra.

Our room was really clean, it was perfect. It was quite small but it did not bother me as it was all so modern, fresh and clean.

Loved the style of this place, would love to go back again.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank LaurenPatz
Write a ReviewReviews (1,079)

Reviewed April 6, 2014

Nice little Hotel close to main attractions in Brussels. Rooms were small like most cities in Europe. Spotless rooms very very clean. Facilities were clean too. Breakfast was ok, not the best I had but did the job. The train terminal is very close (only a few blocks away). It is my first stay in Brussels with my wife and two kids. We stayed in two rooms and liked the Hotel. Would stay here again.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Jose G
Reviewed April 6, 2014

I just returned from a 3 day trip to Brussels and this hotel was brilliant! The staff are friendly and so so helpful! We arrived earlier than the check in time on the first day and the rooms were ready and they kindly allowed us to check in earlier. The rooms themselves were so clean, cosy and spacious. We had booked the executive suite which was on the 6th floor (the hotel is only 6 floors). The bathroom was huge and clean with a bath and shower option.
The hotel is situated close enough to transport but in a quiet residential area so it's easy to get around.
Breakfast and wifi were included in my hotel package which is always a bonus! The breakfast was wonderful, there was so much variety from fresh pastries to cereal.
Only downsides are the lift only goes up to the 5th floor but there aren't many stairs to the 6th floor. Also, the day I was due to arrive, the hotel had taken the deposit for the first night from my account. It does state that if you cancel without enough notice, you will be charged for the first night but didn't say the money would be deducted from my account before my arrival which is an unpleasant shock when you're about to travel and find money missing with no explanation - but these were the only bad points for the hotel
All in all I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone visiting Brussels.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank 16ash
Reviewed April 5, 2014

After perusing tripadvisor booked a 4 night stay at Made in Louise for a short city break in Brussels and had a very enjoyable stay. The hotel is situated in a quiet street close to main thoroughfares and so is very well placed for being 'close to the action' but quiet and relaxing.
Staff are very unobtrusive but always ready to help when asked.
Room we had was very modern and stylish and while I never managed to master the heating control it was easy to open window to adjust room temperature ( albeit I felt slightly guilty in the city of the eurobureaucrats being wasteful with energy).
We had taken car with us and were able to avail ourselves of hotel's garage space in adjacent premises - understandably this was not cheap but it was better than London where I once paid more for the car to stay the weekend than I paid for family of four !)
The inclusive buffet breakfast was a filling and relaxing start to each day and was usually the only opportunity to survey our fellow guests and speculate on their reasons for visiting.
Nights were quiet and the comfortable firm bed afforded a good nights rest.

I would without a doubt visit again and have no hesitation in recommending Made in Louise to others. My only negative would be the lack of complimentary refreshments in the rooms - there are some available in the reception area lounge but at a cost.

Room Tip: If you pay more you get a better room !!!
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank 020308name3
Reviewed March 28, 2014 via mobile

Made in Louise absolutely made our stay perfect. The family that runs this hotel are so accommodating and friendly. The hotel is located within walking distance to all sites. It is about a 30 minute ride in taxi from the airport and will cost you. 50 euros each way. The complimentary breakfast is amazing. It runs from 7:00 to 10:00, giving you plenty of time to relax in the morning. On our departure day we has to leave for the airport at. 6:30 and they had a breakfast waiting for us set on the cutest table in the lobby so we could leave on a full tummy. All the extra touches are amazing! Sit by the Lobby fireplace in the evening and enjoy the chocolates you purchased earlier in the day. If you are in Brussels on a Wednesday be sure to go to the open air market and enjoy all the yummy treats. The hotel will give you directions. On Friday we bumped into a flea market and brought home a couple if old treasures to remember our journey. Loved the waffles! You can find them almost anywhere. And a cute cupcake shop called Lilicups. Enjoyed just strolling the streets. Always felt safe. Thank you Made in Louise for making our trip extra special! Enjoy!!

Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
4  Thank LindaKayC
Reviewed March 21, 2014

Three nights with the family for fun and work. If you do your homework before arriving you can find the hotel easily. Check in was quick and friendly, John did a wonderful job explaining how things worked and took us to the elevator. We stayed in a "charming room" with an additional bed for our 6 year old daughter. So many cute touches throughout the hotel. I have attached some pictures my wife took so you can see what I mean by that. Breakfast was great as well, not quite a layout like you would find in the Neorion in Istanbul, but expansive. One minor quibble is that the hot dishes were empty 45 minutes before breakfast closing, but the homemade breads pastries more than made up for it.

The coffee shop downstairs was divine, a wide selection of beers and softs with prices that were reasonable for a hotel and certainly cheaper than the Hilton or Marriot. Tea is available at all times for free. We spent much of our time playing pool and enjoying a drink each night. The hotel will hold your luggage after checkout. My wife and daughter were able to spend a couple of hours in the coffee shop and pool room while I was finishing up an evaluation at Vesalius College. No mean looks or pushing for us to leave.

The hotel staff is professional and very knowledgeable--our second night our daughter had a medical emergency and the hotel staff quickly called a taxi and gave directions to the best hospital in Brussels. We were touched by all the staff inquiring about Jasmine's condition during the remainder of our stay.

Overall I was impressed with this hotel and we will be staying the next time we are in Brussels. I commend the staff for their professionalism and kindness. John we thank you so much for your concern with our daughter Jasmine.

Room Tip: 1) A taxi from BRU will set you back 50 euros. Easier than falling off a log: Take the train from BR...
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
2  Thank GuyverII
Reviewed March 12, 2014

This hotel is highly recommendable - one of the nicest and coziest in Brussels. The location is great, the rooms are really nice and the breakfast is amazing. There is free wifi, free pool table and a really nice little bar/coffee place on the ground floor.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank DenmarkLste
MDucha, Directeur général at Made in Louise, responded to this reviewResponded March 13, 2014

Thanks a lot for this review which a really the best motivator for us!
I will share it with the team right away!

Many thanks,
Martin

Also consider these accommodations in or near Ixelles
NH Collection Brussels Centre
#10 of 199 in Brussels
Radisson RED Brussels
Radisson RED Brussels
#3 of 15 in Ixelles

Been to Made in Louise? Share your experiences!