“Perfect Little Hotel” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #1 of 16 Hotels in Ixelles
Buffalo, New York
“Perfect Little Hotel”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 29, 2013

My only regret is that my busy schedule didn't allow me to spend more time in the hotel. The staff was charming and helpful. The room was large, beautiful, and comfortable -- I would like to import the bathroom directly into my house. The hotel has been thoughtfully renovated with great taste. I wouldn't dream of staying anywhere else in Brussels. All this and a delicious breakfast too.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
4 Thank Effi60
MDucha, Directeur général at Made in Louise, responded to this review, October 30, 2013
Thank you very much for this beautiful review! We hope that we are able to make it soon to Brussels again and enjoy the Made in Louise. I will share your message with the team, its the best encouragement they can have! Thank you, Martin

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (126)
  • Greek first
  • Thai first
Reading, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 29, 2013

We stayed here for a romantic break for the weekend in a superior room. Upon arrival and throughout the stay the staff were nothing but helpful and very welcoming. The room was fantastic with a spacious bathroom with a bath and overhead shower, which was very warm and powerful. The whole hotel area is very clean and bright with a free pool table for customers in the bar area.

Breakfast is included in the price and is of high quality and choice.

Made in Louise is located slightly out the centre of Brussels so be prepared to walk about 20 mins or pay the €3.40 return journey on the metro.

We were very satisfied with our three night weekend stay here and would certainly recommend Made in Louse to other couples looking for a hotel in Brussels.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Scotland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 27, 2013

In Brussels for the first time and attending a conference, I had no real idea of where to stay so depended on Trip Advisor and selected Made in Louise because it was in the Ixelles district and had good reviews.
On arrival quite late, I was delighted to be upgraded to a superior room on the 5th floor. The decor throughout was grey and white and it was all so calming and restful. My room was huge but the bathroom was almost as big with a double sized shower and huge bath. it took me a while to realise that the wardrobe was also in the bathroom!
The very large bed was very comfortable and the beautiful white shutters on the windows just added to the ambience.
The reception staff were very pleasant, cheerful and helpful, with a taxi ordered and waiting for us just ten minutes after our arrival. They also helped with directions and tram numbers.
The hotel was about 15 minutes walk from the Conference Centre and less than 30 minutes pleasant walk from the old town centre.
The breakfast room (The Eating Corner) was nicely laid out, decorated in grey, white and pink place mats. The food was tasty with a good of cake, bread, meat and cheese. There was also a selection of cooked food for those who wished it.
A few small issues (all my own fault - like forgetting the code to my safe!!) were sorted out immediately with a smile.
I was only sorry I had so little time actually in this lovely hotel because of my timetable. I would love to go back, sit in the small cosy bar next to the fire, play pool and just soak in all the little things like the paintings, sculptures and the teddy bear corner!! For now, I'll just need to look at the photos I took - even ones of my bathroom!!!

Room Tip: Don't be put off if given a room on a high floor - there's a lift for all but the 6th floor...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank gladysScotland
Ghent, Belgium
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 23, 2013

For a romantic gettaway I chose this boutique hotel and was not dissapointed at all. As it opened recently the decor was still fresh and modern designed, but with a touch of 'home'. Staff was very friendly but also very respectfull of our privacy. I booked a superior room, which was huge, with a nice big bathroom. The bar is in the lobby and it was great meeting our friends there and have a drink at the fireplace. There also is a pooltable and stuff for kids. Breakfast was in a nice smaller room with a view on the garden. Breakfast was varied and nice.
All in all, a great and very cosy family-run hotel which i highly recommend!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
MDucha, Directeur général at Made in Louise, responded to this review, October 24, 2013
Thank you very much for your nice comment!
It makes our day ;-)! We hope to see soon.
Best regards,
The Made in Louise team
Santa Paula, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 22, 2013

I went to Brussels in October. So I expected a bit of grey skies. And well, no surprises there. The funny thing is that my room was very grey too. I booked a comfort room. It had 'the urban look' about it, including all the colors of a rainbow hidden by a cement tower in the mist. Well, no surprise there as well. It's what I booked based on what I saw online and it was actually great. The sunlight in Belgium is clearly people... and beer, or maybe both together! Service was awesome, breakfast very decent and the hotel clean and fun.
It's a great place for a week stay. The location is good enough to make it convenient too.

Room Tip: comfort is awesome if you are not allergic to grey (or if you drink beer)
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank CharlOrff
Princeton, New Jersey
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 10, 2013

I booked this hotel because of the positive reviews I read on Tripadvisor, and I was not disappointed.

I arrived at the hotel at about 9 or 9:30 am, after an overnight flight from New jersey. I was able to get into my room at about 10 am, despite the official check-in time being several hours later. The room was small (I was in one of the "cosy" rooms), but the size was fine as I was traveling by myself. The room was clean and comfortable,and the bathroom was a nice size with a good shower. The (free) wireless worked very well. Breakfast (which was included in the room price) was ample and delicious. Some of the items available include: Belgian waffles; scrambled eggs, bacon, various breads, fruit salad, yogurt, cereal, fruit juices, and cheese. The coffee was excellent! I also can't say enough about the lovely staff--all were helpful and very nice. I also appreciated the recommendation of a chocolate shop--Pierre Marcolini.

The hotel is walkable to a number of attractions, as well as to the Gare Midi (or Sud)--handy for taking day trips to Bruge and Antwerp (which I did). Apparently international trains also go through the Gare Midi. There are also a number of good restaurants within walking distance to the hotel. During my stay, I had many types of food: Lebanese, Thai, Chinese, of course Mussels, and more.

I would definitely return to Made in Louise if I am ever back in Brussels. Highly recommended.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 7, 2013

We stayed the first Saturday of October, allocated room 43 on the fourth floor which has a nice elevated ceiling, although the creaking ceiling and footsteps sound from the room above really ruined things and continued till after midnight. As as a boutique hotel I expected much more. Also breakfast room was quite small with a reasonable food selection, although with only a children`s cereal selection!
Mentioned the noise issue to the reception staff the next morning which was met with a quizzical expression. Overall a clean well looked after place, but on a noisy street which doesn't really allow you to keep a window open on a balmy night, coupled with no air con is an inconvenience.

Room Tip: If you're booking, ask for a top floor room if possible. Should be quieter.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank jpreilly
MDucha, Directeur général at Made in Louise, responded to this review, October 18, 2013
Dear guest,

Thank you very much for your comment! It really helps us to improve our hotel and service.
I would really like to apologize if you did not get your "dream" night; you have stayed in our "Maison de Maitre" which is a fully renovated house with an emphasis on soundproof. It remains of course a house that was build 100 years ago, which you will found charm and grace.

Like in all places, if we you have disrespectful people staying above you and jumping on the floor, you might hear it.
We have as well Comfort rooms and Cottage rooms (February 2014) that are extremely quiet and peaceful.

The hotel's location is in a very quiet street, secluded from the busy traffic, so I’m really sorry if you were disrupt during the night.

Regarding the cereals, it's true we have a kid's selection but as well a nice homemade " Granola".

Again, as a team, we are really trying our best to improve every day and ensure that all our customers just feel like "home". I am really sorry if we did not meet your expectations.

If you visit Brussels soon, don't hesitate to contact me directly for the booking, I'll do my best to change the opinion you have on MIL!

Best regards,

Martin Duchateau
Made in Louise
Also consider these accommodations in or near Ixelles
Hotel Amigo
4.5 of 5 bubbles 1,116 reviews
9HOTEL CENTRAL
9HOTEL CENTRAL
#10 of 200 in Brussels

Been to Made in Louise? Share your experiences!