“Value for money”

and 1 more site!
Australind Tourist Park
Reviewed October 30, 2012 via mobile

I was reluctant to book in here after reading the reviews so I waited until I arrived to see for myself. I was given motel room 8 which was clean, comfortable, and well set up apart from the shortage of cutlery and position of television. The bed is extremely comfortable and the shower was good and hot. I love the location, there are some nice places within walking distance and the views of the estuary are excellent. I think it is excellent value for money at $90 per night. If I was staying in a caravan I would ask to be away from the road which is very busy.

• Stayed: October 2012
1  Thank 31fran
AUSTTOURPK, Owner at Australind Tourist Park, responded to this reviewResponded February 17, 2013

Thank you for giving us a chance. I'm so pleased you are able to take the time to give us such credit we appreciate your efforts. Thanks again

Reviewed June 7, 2012

Unfortunately we were there over the long weekend and even though we had booked in advance we were told we had to park on the fence line which is on the main road. Yes, the view of the river is beautiful but the traffic is non stop day and night. We were there for 5 nights. The ablution block was clean but the toilet, showers and the whole building was in dire need of maintenance. We were given a code to access the toilets/showers but the door was never, ever locked! There are no bbq facilities. There is a children's play area but it is very old. The grounds could also do with a makever. We would never stay there again.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank caroj14

Thank you for your criticism. Since your stay I am please to announce all of your complaints have been rectified, the ablution block has been retailed and painted with new showers new hot water systems and new doors
Also we have now built a 2 barbeque gazebo in the powered site area beside the playground it has a sink hot water and park benches all under cover
So please come again

Reviewed October 29, 2011

We have stayed at the Park 4 times now in our own caravan and really love it there. We have a dog so for us it is great to be able to take her with us. Just over the road there is a fantastic "dog exercise" park that is huge that also has swings ect for children. The river is also over the road and the sunsets are just stunning to watch from your site. The toilets and showers have always been clean when we have been there. The childrens playground at the caravan park is lovely and our grandsons have loved playing there for hours. Next door is a Chinese Restaurant that has tasty food if you don't want to cook and next to that there is also a Tavern which is handy if you need ice. It is only a five minute walk to the shops and on the bridge you can go fishing. We have looked at a few other place around that area and nothing compares to Australind Tourist Park for us.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled with family
4  Thank ChrisScambler
Reviewed December 11, 2010

The whole tourist park is so dirty you're better off to stay ANYWHERE else. It was the worst experience I've ever made and I stayed in very cheap hostels in Central America, so that has to mean something. They charged us 100 $ for a disgusting motel room, which stank so much we had to open up the doors for hours untill we felt we could start breathing inside. The dishes were not washed up and seamed there were weird things growing on them. The bathroom was so mouldy we couldn't believe it and there was even garbage stucked in the fan on the roof. The covers for the bed were not washed and smelled and when I tried to open the curtains I was standing in a cloud of dust, You may asked yourself why we stayed here...well, we just flew in and still had a jetleg, plus it was already sleeping time for our one year old son and the 5 places we tried before were all booked out. Of course we told the owner about the room and asked her to give us another one, but she told us they were all the same. She also didn't want to give us a refund. The playground is run off and very dangerous in my opinion. My son almost fell of the rusty bridge with no sides...
Next day we also found some living animals in our room. I can't tell how lucky we were when we left the place! Do yourself a favour and sleep somewhere else!
By the way, the amenities for the campers looked very disgusting too...and I guess the price for a site will be hellarious too...go somewhere else...

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled with family
4  Thank JCJ2011

I think anyone can tell this person is trying to injure our reputation and quality for some reason.
I trust you are all smarter than they and will overlook this rubbish. Thankyou

Reviewed December 3, 2010

told they accept dogs no problems,knew we were arriving late from perth,got there unpacked dogs barked a few times at people walking past the trailer as they put us right at the entrance where cars come in and out and people walk in and out, were told to leave an hour after arriving, he was standing 2m away from dog trailer waiting for them to bark which of course they did as he was near trailer they were quiet to this prior and hadnt settled properly were given no chance, kicked out at half 10 at night with no where to stay we had to sleep in our car the night!!!! worse place we have ever stayed at if you dont want dogs at your park dont tell customers they can bring them!!!!!!!!!!! will tell everyone I know never to stay there!!!!!, will stay at the "welcome in" in future they are A++++++++

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled with friends
6  Thank jangs77
Also consider these accommodations in or near Australind
Riverside Cabin Park
Riverside Cabin Park
#1 of 1 in Eaton
Discovery Parks – Bunbury Village
Bunbury Apartment Motel
Bunbury Apartment Motel
#6 of 10 in Bunbury
Mercure Sanctuary Golf Resort

Been to Australind Tourist Park? Share your experiences!