“Courtyard is still good for business”

Courtyard Monterrey Airport
Ranked #12 of 15 Hotels in Apodaca
Reviewed July 25, 2013

Overall, I enjoyed my stay at the Courtyard in Apodaca.

The check-in was quick and efficient. My room was small, but nice. It was warm, so I used the air conditioning a lot. Wish that would have been better controlled--I was either really hot or really cold. And, if I sat at the desk in the room, the cold air blew right on me which was a little annoying, so I moved the desk into a different area during my stay. The maids were nice enough not to move it back when they came in to clean -- but I moved it back before I checked out.

The free wireless internet (a perk of my workplace) was very strong and I never had a problem getting on or staying on. I only used it in my room.

I did sit out near the pool in the gazebo one afternoon. It was nice, warm and comfortable. I wish I could've used it more often, though, but most of the time I went to sit there, I found it filled with cigarette smoke from the rooms ringing it or others staying at the hotel.

The hotel was clean, including my room, the hallways, the elevator and the lobby. I detected no garbage or smells. The employees at the hotel were all friendly and professional.

The food at breakfast was good--I ate the buffet every day. They make omelettes for you, if you ask, and there are numerous other foods that filled me up for the day.

The evening dinner I ate on site every evening (mostly because it rained almost every day I was there). I enjoyed the variety and the food. It was very good and service was attentive. The Messa Rica restaurant adjacent to the hotel has closed, so the options in the area include a chicken wing place, and a Chilis, along with a Subway and Carls, Jr. A 7-11 is at the end of the block. There are other smaller restaurants in walking distance.

Room Tip: Most rooms will overlook the highway or the open, desert area surrounding the hotel. I asked for a...
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business

Reviewed May 7, 2013

5 min drive from the Airport. The hotel provides free shuttle.
Modern, Clean, safe and provide good breakfast. Everything you can expect from Marriott Courtyard.
Great for overnight stay or if you arrive late to Monterrey Airport. There is nothing much around but if your business is near by, I would recommend staying here.

Room Tip: Get a room that is facing the courtyard.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed April 18, 2013

We arrived at 2am, the hotel sent a shuttle to the airport for us which arrived within 2 mins. Hotel is a little drab ok but the staff were friendly and helpful. The whole place was spotless too. We would stay here again.

Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed March 31, 2013

I had a short stay (one night) back in February 2013.
Hotel is very close to the airport, however far away from anything else, you need someone to take you from the airport to the hotel, drive into the city is at least 30 minutes, worked good for me as I was visiting people in the High Tech business area which is close by.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed March 23, 2013

The hotel is clean and in a SAFE place.That is the most important thing in Monterrey.It's perfect for businez trip cause is 10min from the airport,few min from the FINSA (business area) and there are enough fastfood and restaurant close to the hotel(a 7eleven also).
Free wifi,free use of the (small)gym and pool.There is also a self-service laundry area where you can wash your stuff just with few pesos.
Negative point:
the hotel is not in Monterrey but in Apodaca,there is nothing but the few rest,fastood and seven eleven.The city is far 40-45min by cab ,around 250pesos.
All above mean that the hotel is perfect for short stay but can be boring for long stay....by the way the city is not safe in the night so better stay in a secure place with good restaurant around.

I would recommend it

• Stayed: March 2013
1  Thank Aleproka
Reviewed September 19, 2012 via mobile

No hot water? Noisy a/c? Old rooms? Untrained staff? Shuttle that doesnt work? This is the place! Never will stay again. Below any acceptable standard... Will pay here if there are several options around?

• Stayed: September 2012
Erendida A, Gerente at Courtyard Monterrey Airport, responded to this reviewResponded September 27, 2012

Thank you very much for staying with us and for your valuable feedback. Our main priority is to provide an excellent service to our guests as well as a problem free stay and to focus on the areas where we need to improve. Therefore, we have taken inmediate action as per your comments. We would be glad to see you once again in our Hotel and talk to you about the changes we have made. Kind Regards.

Reviewed August 21, 2012

The room was functional, the staff pleasant, the hotel drab and blah. Beware, there are no special perks for people with status with Marriott. Clerk says hotel may be a Marriott but doesn't recognize the reward program. Stay at the Crown Plaza. It is more modern. By the way, this hotel is very near the airport and far from city.

Room Tip: if you are a frequent Marriott stayer, don;t expect any of the perks you would normally get at a Mar...
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business

Thank you very much for your kind comments about our staff. We all are focused on providing our guest with the best service they deserve. Our Marriott Reward program is certainly one of the best loyalty program worldwide and we honor our members. Our front desk staff is constantly in training to focus on any need our guest may have. We would be glad to see you back again in our Hotel and show you our commitment to serve you.

With Best Regards

Also consider these accommodations in or near Apodaca
Crowne Plaza Hotel Monterrey Aeropuerto
0 mi away
Hampton Inn by Hilton Monterrey-Airport
Fairfield Inn Monterrey Airport
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Monterrey Aeropuerto
Courtyard Monterrey San Jeronimo/Valle
Best Western Premier Monterrey Aeropuerto

Been to Courtyard Monterrey Airport? Share your experiences!