“Spartan comfort ten minutes from ORLY for under 60 €”

Ibis Budget Orly Chevilly Tram 7
Ranked #4 of 4 Hotels in Chevilly Larue
Reviewed August 27, 2013

This review comes two months late simply because I didn’t have time to write it on the spot and I flew the next day to Madrid, then to Vienna, and I just forgot about this cheap alternate solution to expensive airport hotels.

I slept at this Ibis Budget Chevilly Larue on Tuesday, June 25, 2013, because I was flying the next day at 7:55 am to Madrid, where I spent the night in Barajas, before continuing to Vienna the next day. If you are flying out of Madrid Barajas airport, you may want to read my review about “Hostal El Príncipe”, that I posted right here, in Trip Advisor, last July 27, 2013.

Experienced traveler, I always avoid same day connections whenever I can, because I know that most often my flight is delayed and there is a chance that I miss my connection. Whether connecting in Madrid or in London, I usually manage to spend the night near the airport before continuing the next morning to my final destination.

This IBIS BUDGET is right next door of the original IBIS, where I had slept a month earlier, on May 8, because their rate was then only 44.75 € and also because I had a credit of 40 Euros from Accor Hotels, which I could not use at the cheaper Ibis Budget next door. I published a review about this traditional IBIS here on May 19, 2013, when I returned to Miami from that previous trip to France and Madrid.

Both hotels share the SAME NEW BUILDING over Avenue de Stalingrad (Nationale 7) which leads to Orly airport. That’s where I usually sleep when I fly out of Orly the next day because, as I explained in my review of the Ibis next door, bus 285 will take you to Orly airport in just a few minutes for only one bus ticket. As I always explain, you may buy your tickets at any metro (subway) station in Paris for 13.30 € the pack of ten. In other words, it will cost you 1.33 Euro to go to the airport with this public bus 285, which runs every 15 or 20 minutes starting at around 5 am. On both trips, a half hour after I checked out of the Ibis or the Ibis Budget next door, I was having a free breakfast at the Iberia VIP lounge in Orly West. And whatever is free, I buy…

My experience with this IBIS BUDGET on June 27, 2013 was like the one I had had the previous year at the Ibis Budget, which was then called “Etap Wien Messe” in Vienna, for which I also posted a review on May 31, 2012: SPARTAN COMFORT BUT CHEAP, CLEAN ROOM WITH AC.

Certainly, at 57.70 € without breakfast, this cheaper hotel was much more expensive than the 44.75 € I had paid a month earlier at the better Ibis next door. However, that same day, the real Ibis was charging about fifteen Euros more, also without breakfast; so I chose the best value for money, as usual.

I had room 511 facing the route nationale because there is a school with a huge park across the highway and therefore I had a wide open view. But it has a double window, so I was not bothered by the traffic noise.

Like the room I had had in Vienna the previous year, there was NO telephone, NO hair drier (both of which you will find at the Ibis next door) and NOT even an unpadded chair either, which you also find next door, but only two plastic stools. And, naturally, NO club chair, NO frig NO iron or ironing board, and even less a microwave.

But it has a reasonably big shower with color led lights, like in Vienna, and a separate toilet (the greatest invention of mankind) as I had at the luxurious Clarion in Troyes (France), for which I posted a review last July 12, 2013.

Finally, I found something that I had never seen before in any hotel, no matter what price I paid: NO key to enter the room, whether metallic or plastic. You enter the room by typing a code that they give you when you pay downstairs, which is very convenient provided you remember the six digits!

All in all, this is an EXCELLENT VALUE FOR MONEY if you fly out of Orly early in the morning, compared to hotels near the airport, where you will always pay two or three times more than here.

Room Tip: Rooms over Stalingrad (hiwhway 7) have a wide open view but there are also rooms on the back of the...
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled solo
2  Thank Efrin_Knight

Reviewed July 23, 2013

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed June 23, 2013

Excellent for price and location, relatively easy and walkable (15 mins) from metro station at Villejuif Louis Aragon. Next door to an Ibis budget which in turn has a separate but joined restaurant which is quite good but has expensive desserts. The adjacent Ibis Budget hotel was only visited for a drink but could not offer a glass of red wine only a bottle, come on guys this is France, just open the bottle and pour a glass, or, sack the dopey bar staff. Staff at Ibis Chevilly Larue were diamonds however and their help and attention was excellent in greeting , helping with arrangements and their 'can do'attitude.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank BobandSue42
Reviewed March 27, 2013

As the title says ... from rooms to services everything was in worst state. Rooms have broken mirrors and cigarettes smell in everything from beadsheets to towels.

The hotel is far from the paris city then shown in the search.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 25, 2013

Hotel is not at all good for family, rooms are very small. Not good food and water facility. will not recommend for any one. connectivity is good with busesPrice is not matching with the services provides.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank kapoorlalit2000
Reviewed December 27, 2012

The hotel is located quite near from the villejuif metro station, and nearby are some commercial stores and supermarket in ces you need it, the hotel is very nce, clean, and safe. the room is small but very wel distribuited, the bed is comfortable and the staff is nice.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank Allan C
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed June 7, 2012

The hotel is 10 minutes from underground station which has very good line to the city centre. If you are going by car I would recommend this hotel, it has a locked underground car park which cost us 8 euros for 2 days even when we check-out we could live our car. The hotel is small the rooms as well but if you only sleeps there is really ok. Our rooms were clean and the bathroom as well. The minus was that you can here everything but is going on on the corridor or somebody came back very late and was too noisy. The staff was nice and even when their English wasn't so good they tried to help us

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
Also consider these accommodations in or near Chevilly Larue
2 mi away
Grand Hotel Senia
Grand Hotel Senia
#2 of 7 in Orly

Been to Ibis Budget Orly Chevilly Tram 7? Share your experiences!