“Run down area surrounding Paris, ok for one night if no where else available” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Hotel Le Pasteur

Hotel Le Pasteur
and 1 more site!
Hotel Le Pasteur
Ranked #3 of 3 Hotels in La Courneuve
london
“Run down area surrounding Paris, ok for one night if no where else available”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 24, 2013

The surrounding area is deprived no doubt about that. The car park is to the side of the hotle and the only reason we booked to be frank. It has a capacity of 4 cars at most. The lobby very small, the rooms also small but bed linen was clean and so was the room. The room we had was a double with a double bunk for the kids. No bath just shower cubicle without any cubicle, so not to my standard to say the least! Tiny bathroom, but as this is my second stay in this area, I think this is the standard to expect for the money. Fine for one night if you have made no other arrangements. They charged us £100 as they could sense we were desperate for a room at that time of night, I would not stay here again if I had a choice.

Room Tip: Dont stay here is fair honest advice in my view
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
  • Hungarian first
Bath, United Kingdom
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 12, 2013

They overbooked, but even though it was their mistake and they cancelled our booking before we even arrived, they still went ahead and charged us for the full 5 nights from our card details. What a scam. I've now read that other people have had similar experiences. We could not contact them by phone or email - they would not reply. They are scam artists and I'd avoid them in the future. Disgraceful behaviour.

Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
4 Thank SimonL652

Travelers are raving about these La Courneuve hotels

Lydd, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 19, 2013

This Hotel was booked by a French friend who did not come on our 6 Nations trip to watch France V's Scotland. We knew the Hotel was budget but it ticked boxes for being near the Metro ( Metro only 2 mins walk ) and only 2 stops to the Stade!!!! We arrived with my frien assuring me that he had changed the booking from 3 people too 4 but there was no recolection of this from the Hotellier. However this was quickly remedied by the staff who made an extra bed for us in the room. Yes it was cramped but we did go on a budget and have 4 large adult males sharing a room. Basically we had no problems and staff were helpful as someone previously mentioned you get what you pay for, but was great for our trip!!!!

Room Tip: Great location for Metro and Stade de France
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Chris C
Coventry, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 18, 2012

I tried to post this last week:

"This is a strange review because I don't go until Friday. Every year I go to the nearby Fete de L'Huma. On checking Metro etc. I came across some terrible reviews here so telephoned hotel to check all was OK. Parlez vous Anglais? - Non. After a bit of schoolboy French I was reassured that if I had booked all would be well.

I shall complete review post Fete. "

I have returned. The booking was absolutely kosher, I just gave my name and that was it. The rooms are basic but I can recommend Hotel Pantheon (but 3x the price, but it is good) and Hilton Arc de Tromp (where 2 breakfasts = 1 room at Pasteur).

So, why all the mixed/negative reviews?

1. The neighborhood: it is very diverse and probably uncomfortable for people not used to seeing Arabs and Africans and others: we found it very safe; we walked back at 1.00 in the morning and my wife went out alone at midnight to buy crisps and chocolate from the local shop and returned with same even though she was 20 cent short due to the generosity of the Vietnamese owner. The Africans are in their Sunday best for church on Sunday mornings.

2. The facilities: they are basic, however the room and bedding were clean and towels replaced every day and beds refreshed.

3. The staff: they are extremely helpful (eg they provided 2 beers when the bar was closed after we had checked out to return for our luggage on Sunday afternoon). They do not speak much English but schoolboy French will pass muster.

4. Bar and restaurant: bar is fine, breakfast is good by French standards.

I would happily revisit this basic, value for money, friendly, honest and safe hotel which is not suitable for twee people who might dislike people of colour and have unrealistic expectations of Paris hotel prices.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank vict0ria_siempre
Warsaw, Poland
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 27, 2012

Internet description does not match the reality. the hotel is run down, dirty bathrooms and rooms. my 8 year old son began to cry as he saw where we will spend night. The only positive opinion concerns the human supporting desk - he was kind and helpful.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Peter K
Belfast
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 10, 2012

Found the staff very friendly and helpful. Close to the RER and Metro. A good base for our first visit to Paris. Basic but adequate facilities. Would stay again :)

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
3 Thank Valerie1171
Prague, Czech Republic
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 1, 2012

We got reservation and payd to the hotel 500 euros. When we got to the hotel our reservation was canceled from hotel and we didnt have our rooms. Hotel never refund our money!!! Be careful this is a fraud!!!!

Room Tip: Never buy reservation at thsi hotel...FRAUD
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled with friends
B&B Hotel Paris Saint Denis Pleyel
Novotel Paris Saint Denis Stade Basilique
Ibis Budget Paris Porte d'Aubervilliers
Ibis Styles Paris Saint Denis Plaine

Been to Hotel Le Pasteur? Share your experiences!