“A Jewel In Campbelltown”

The Hermitage Motel
Ranked #1 of 1 Leumeah B&B and Inns
Reviewed April 12, 2011

Over the past year I have stayed at most hotels in Campbeltown . I only ever stay for one night and head back to the city early the following morning however I prefer not to drive at night after a full day of meetings followed by drinks with clients.

Recently whilst staying at Rydges we went for dinner at the Hermitage Restaurant and was very impressed , food and service was outstanding and certainly worthy of its reputation as the best in the area. They also have a great bar area ideal for entertaining clients. That night I had a look at some rooms whilst we there and decided next time I came to Campbeltown I would stay at the Hermitage.

And next time was last night and I got to tell you , I travel a lot but have never written a review before, however I was so impressed ...and here I am writing a review! The rooms were large , spotlessly clean and everything worked unlike all the other places I have stayed in the area . Had another great meal in the restaurant before retiring just a few steps away. I normally rush back to Sydney around 6am however on this occasion I was so happy with my find and had such a good nights sleep that I savoured the moment and slept in a bit and had a beautiful swim in the pool in the morning before breakfast.

The hospitality and service here was of the friendly, genuine old- fashioned type , hard to find these days.

Highly recommended .

Room Tip: studio suites were fine
  • Stayed: April 2011, traveled on business
5  Thank ahclarke1

Reviewed January 13, 2011

I stay at the Hermitage regularly. The rooms are always clean and the managers are really professional, helpful and friendly. This is a great motel experience, the entrance is really cozy in winter with a fireplace and comfy leather lounges and armchairs. You also have internet access. The inhouse dining experience is good and you're able to order from the restaurant menu which is always fresh and seasonal.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled with family
3  Thank saba70
Reviewed August 22, 2010

I Would advise any Traveller from staying at this motel. The Managers are rude, unhelpful & completely inappropriate.!!!
Staying at this motel was a huge disappointment to myself. It honestly felt like a complete waste of money & after the way I was treated I wanted to leave & demand a refund.
The Managers of the motel called my room to make noise complaints even though it was the room adjoining my own. After I asked them to please come up to the room to investigate the noise I was spoken to as if I were a 16 year old school student. Then to my surprise I heard the Male Manager in the background of the phone conversation say "Just tell them to P*SS OFF".... Highly uncalled for especially seeing how we we're not the ones making the unnecessary noise.!!!
That is just a brief rundown of the treatment I received at this completely shocking & very bogan motel.!!!!!
If you are after a classy get away this is NOT the motel to stay at.!! The Food is tasteless & overpriced. The cocktails are equally as disappointing.
I hope this assists in making your choice of accomodation.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled with friends
4  Thank Speaker01
Lillibet_11, Guest Relations Manager at The Hermitage Motel, responded to this reviewResponded January 14, 2011

We pride ourselves on keeping our guests needs paramount at The Hermitage....at all times we take noise complaints seriously and ALWAYS investigate the noise before we contact the Guests' room by phone. We have to be sure that the Guest is making a genuine complaint in regards to another room number, so we then have to stand outside the room in question to confirm this. The Manager obviously had to take into consideration the other 70+ guests (business executives, family groups with small children and travellers ) sleeping needs into consideration.
This procedure was put in place on the night these Guests stayed and it was their room that was at fault. They had to be contacted on a number of occasions and argued the point each time. This was late at night and the Manager was exhausted...this is no excuse for his language however, on leaving these guests told him to do the same.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Leumeah
1 mi away
Quest Campbelltown Apartment Hotel
7 mi away
Best Western Casula Motor Inn
Campbelltown Colonial Motor Inn

Been to The Hermitage Motel? Share your experiences!