We stayed here for 3 nights in April, 2010. I will agree that Ellie is very nice and the grounds are beautiful but Mero is not very conveniently located. It is a 20 and 25 minute drive to Portsmouth and Roseau respectively and it is definitely not a nice drive to do at night. It does feel very isolated at night as there is not much in the area.
The apartments are big and relatively clean but our apartment didn't have screens on the windows which allowed bugs into the room at night. We closed the windows and found it very hot. Screens would solve this problem.
We stayed in the Royal Palm room. It definitely has it's positive sides but it needs some work. The shower door was a bit rickety and it didn't feel super clean. Maybe for Dominica it is a luxury apartment but I thought it fell a little short of that.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- If you desire a holiday destination that offers superior accommodation on the Island of Dominica, stay with us. We pride ourselves on providing luxury and relaxation for your holiday combined with an authentic Dominican experience. We are situated on the west coast a few minutes walk from the popular Mero Beach and a short drive from Roseau. Pure luxury, pure relaxation, pure Dominica is your expectation for your holiday. It is our aim to ensure you are not disappointed. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Agoda, Hotel.de, HRS and Despegar.com so you can book your Caribbean Sea View Holiday Apartments reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Caribbean Sea View Holiday Apartments Hotel Roseau
- Caribbean Sea View Holiday Apartments Dominica/Mero