“They were going to close.....”

Baci Ristorante Italiano
Ranked #1 of 17 Restaurants in Kinver
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Baci, pronounced Ba-Chee, is the Italian for kiss. It is also the name of the latest restaurant to open in the delightful village of Kinver. You'll find hospitality that is elegant and welcoming, authentic Italian restaurant food, and a chic urban sophistication for Kinver dining that plays off the timeless rustic spaces. It is decorated exquisitely in pale greys and duck egg blue. Baci seats around 100 people on two floors serving everything Italian from delicious fresh pasta, fish, authentic dishes and tempting wines. We also have a private room available upstairs that can cater for business meetings, conferences, wedding receptions, birthday parties, retirement parties, etc. Menu's will be created personally for each occasion and can be discussed the management/chef with regards to dietary requirements and special requests. The private function room offers its own unique bar, toilets and waiting service, and is completely independent of the ground floor restaurant. Seating is 50-65 people upstairs. There are also entertainment evenings - Singers, Jazz, Opera, etc. We apologise that our website is currently unavailable whilst we have a new website under construction. For any information or bookings please telephone or email. Thank you.
Reviewed February 9, 2013

We phoned at 6.30pm on Sunday night, they said they were thinking of closing at 7pm. We explained we were only wanting a snack and could be with them in ten minutes. We received a warm welcome, decided on starters, which were delicious, and in walked 2 men, one rather worse for wear. They treated them with firmness and courtesy, and another couple came in after this... I wonder if anyone came in after them, unfortunately they probably didn't get their early night, but the food we had was delicious and if we are in the area again will definately go back and have a proper meal, the menu looked very tempting.

Reviewed January 28, 2013

We were greeted at the door with a warm Italian welcome and from that point on, it just got better and better! I had the veal with pasta and tomato sauce. Fabulous!! My husband had Pasta tubes with meatballs, and it was probably the best pasta I have ever tasted. Absolutely delicious! We shared a pudding and it was also excellent. Oh, how I wish Baci was closer to where I live. We would be regulars. If you ever visit Kinver, you must go and be delighted.

Clare L, Owner at Baci Ristorante Italiano, responded to this reviewResponded January 29, 2013

Thankyou

Reviewed January 26, 2013

Booked on line and Guiseppe confirmed by email reply. An efficient start. They phoned to reconfirm and got it completely wrong thinking we had booked for Valentines, this was corrected. On the Saturday night we visited they still managed to get it wrong, table for 2 when we had booked for 4. Not a great start, sorted quickly following the Italian inquisition. Not very welcoming. Paper table cloths at a supposed top end eatery? Noisy and hot. Noise not too much of a problem for us but why wasn't the air con working? Food generally OK but nothing to rave about. Starters OK. We ordered £20 plus steaks and potatoes and vegetables were priced extra - felt a little disappointed by this. One steak was ordered medium, one well done, they both came out the same probably best described as overdone. Service was slow to say the least and after being given the desert menu and waiting for some considerable time we decided they probably didn't want to provide us with anymore food so we asked for the bill and left. Baci is an expensive restaurant that failed to impress us.

5  Thank Bert-ErnieAdventures
Reviewed January 26, 2013

My boyfriend arranged for us to eat at Baci Ristorante Italiano last week, as he knew how long I'd been wanting to eat there for & I'd just finished my degree exams so it was a bit of a treat. And what a treat it was! We went in the snow last week, and because of this the restaurant was pretty empty. However, we were greeted kindly and given a choice of table. The one waiter who dealt with us was incredibly friendly, albeit a little on the quiet side - and the other was just lovely. The wine list is pricey - but very nice - even my partner was impressed which is brilliant, as he is quite the 'wine snob'. ;)
For our starter we had the 'Fritto Misco di Pesce' platter to share, which comprised of scallops, squid, whitebait and king prawns. As a self-confessed seafood addict this was like heaven for me! It was all cooked wonderfully and the portion size was huge. For our mains, my boyfriend had 'Tagliolini all'Astice' - the lobster dish. My main was from the chef's special menu and so can't remember the 'proper name' - but it was chicken breast cooked in a lobster bisque-type sauce with king prawns. I wish we had took pictures of the mains as they were both presented impeccably and almost looked too good to eat. The portion size for the lobster dish was surprisingly large - and tasted absolutely heavenly. My main was also fantastic - the portion size was a little small but this is never an issue for me as I don't tend to have a large appetite, so it was perfect. The flavours in my dish were something else!
Usually I'm not a desert person, but Tiramisu is my all time favourite desert and I just had to have one. I'm very picky about them too - but the one served to me at this restaurant was to die for. I'd go back just for another of those Tiramisu's - one of the best I have ever tasted and the presentation was beautiful.
Overall, Baci is first class. The service is brilliant, we were never kept waiting. And the food; the best meal we have both had in a long time. Wonderful!

1  Thank Leigh L
Reviewed January 24, 2013

We have eaten here a number of times now, and despite hearing varying reports, have nothing but good things to say. The food has always been excellent, and the service friendly and efficient.
Our last visit was on New Year's Eve and we had a very enjoyable evening.

2  Thank Paul G