“Don't be put off by the dodgy signage!”
Review of Le comptoir

Le comptoir
Cuisines: French
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed July 21, 2016

We chanced upon this place one evening. We thought a school group were staying at the hotel, they turned out to be waiting staff! Their uniform & exterior of the hotel/restaurant looked pretty tacky. An attractive terrace across the road, with an appetising menu caught our eye and it was only after we were seated for dinner that we realised it was the same place! The food was excellent and the view superb.The staff were attentive but not intrusive, polite and did not rush us.The fixed price menu was very good value. It was the most enjoyable evening of our holiday.

Reviewed July 19, 2016 via mobile

It's amazing cafe in such perfect place with unrealistic view on lake) very pleasant staffers, tasty food and very-very tasty and beautiful cocktail))) in a cocktail was a souvenir as a compliment from the restaurant, that made my time here even more enjoyable ))) prices are reasonable, and the portions are large) if you are here - be sure to visit)

2  Thank Tatiana N
Reviewed September 10, 2015

We drove past this restaurant and just felt that we needed to stop and eat there. The setting was absolutely beautiful - outside on the side of a steep hill overlooking the lake below. I felt blown away by the setting and was really excited when they could fit us in without a booking!

The waiter was polite and helpful. Our food was served in a reasonable amount of time; at no time did we feel rushed.

The food itself was very nice - we both had roast lamb and veggies. The lamb was slightly dry, could have done with a little gravy. I finished with an ice cream sorbet which was rich and hit the spot. All washed down as usual with a chilled rose.

I would love to come back to this restaurant for supper - at sunset or when it is dark. Im sure that the atmosphere would be magic!

1  Thank Casa02
Reviewed August 16, 2015 via mobile

We stopped off to eat after seeing the beautiful view. The kids really enjoyed the parrot drinks and we were having s great time. My husband and I both went for the burger. It was really tasty, one of the best i have had. The portions were generous too. When I ate a third of the bun I opened it up to continue eating with out the top of the bun. Unfortunately I found s massive hair under the onions!!! I felt quits I'll!! The you g girl waiting blushed and apologised. But when the older 'head waitress' gave us the bill she had charged us for it!!
My husband pointed it out and she refused to take it off the bill.
A very poor show!!!!

Reviewed July 1, 2015 via mobile

Beautifull view, horrible staff.
Went with our 2 dogs, they TOLD us to move our dogs in the sun instead of the shadow. We were not pleased, you don't put a black labrador over 30degrees in the sun. They told us a second time to replace the dogs ... Yelling, not asking!!!! (People started to watch) We take them everywhere, they are used to it and are calm, never had this unpleasant experience in our life. 2" after the yelling we received our bill without asking. Never ever again. No respect for dogowners and their dogs.