“Close to Australia Zoo, fabulous owners and very relaxing.”

Beerwah Motor Lodge
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Landsborough
Reviewed January 5, 2014

My daughter did work experience at Australia Zoo so this was a stones throw away from it and could not have been a more perfect location. We stayed for 5 nights and we had the family room and it bedded 5. Whilst it was a little tired, this is not a 5 star hotel with a 5 star hotel price, however it had a clean washing machine and a dryer. It also had a pool and bbq facilites. Also has a microwave and a small fridge and coffee/tea facilities. The owners were wonderful and were so helpful and lovely to talk to. I have rebooked already to stay there again this year.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family

Reviewed January 4, 2014

This was ideally located close to glasshouse mountains and Australia Zoo. The rooms were clean, the owners were very friendly and helpful, bbqs are free to use and breakfast was lovely. The motor lodge has a nice outddoor space with small playground for young children and a small clean pool. Great value overall.

Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed January 2, 2014

Motel located close to Australia zoo. Older style but perfectly comfortable and clean. Great couple running the motel couldn't have been any more helpful and welcoming. We had an extremely late arrival which was no problem at all. We stayed. 4 nights. Room was clean and tidy every day. Unit doesn't necessarily boast the latest and greatest but no problems. Very much appreciated the free wifi. Motel has a pool, a BBQ a available for use and some swings for the kids. Easy to find with free car parking. All in all my wife and I enjoyed our stay and we are used to staying in 4 and 5 star hotels. It just shows a friendly and human welcome together with a few home comforts can compete with the big boys. I must also mention that the unit cost, particularly in the Xmas/new year period was very reasonable especially considering most establishments on the Sunshine Coast had substantially ramped up their room rates

Also note a great facility to keep the kids entertained was a honesty system DVD collection. This was free and you just helped yourself. Again a great demonstration of the human element

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 25, 2013 via mobile

My partner and I stayed here on Xmas day!! The room was lovely and clean, and full of everything you need!! The couple who own it are lovely! They were very friendly, and helpful! We bought our zoo tickets with them which were a little cheaper than at the zoo!! We only stayed one night but it was brilliant and I definitely recommend it!!!

Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 14, 2013

My husband and I, along with his parents stayed here the night before going to Australia Zoo. Great price, close location, comfy and clean.
Lovely friendly owners. Breakfast was great.
We went to the Beerwah RSL via the courtesy bus which was handy, however the RSL was pretty dead, and it was a Saturday night. Have heard that the food at the Beerwah Hotel is alright and it's probably a bit more lively there.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed October 6, 2013 via mobile

The rooms are a bit old but absolutely tidy. The bed is comfy and you will find a Toaster and a boiler for coffee and tea. Thanks a lot for the milk in the fridge. Sue is such a great person and she offered a lift to the pub as well as to the Australia Zoo (15 min to walk otherwise). Would definitelly stay there again.

Stayed: October 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed September 1, 2013

I stayed at the Beerwah Motor Lodge for just over 4 weeks since I was volunteering at the Australia Zoo Wildlife Hospital. It was the closest accommodation to Australia Zoo and I was able to walk to the Zoo in just 15 minutes. The motel gives a $20 discount per night for volunteers at the Zoo and Hospital.

The owner was one of the friendliest people I've ever met and the manager was equally welcoming too. They both made me feel very welcome and gave me lots of advice about local restaurants and public transport in the area. The owner even invited me to join her and her friends for weekly meals at the Landsborough Pub (which makes fantastic roast dinners and steaks).

This was my first time staying in a motel and I must say that it was a pleasant experience. As a young female staying on my own I felt safe and secure at the motel. I liked the fact that the motel was shielded from the main road by lots of trees and I was able to sleep very soundly every night, despite the traffic on the road. There was a wide selection of DVDs that guests could borrow for free and the option to buy breakfast and BBQ packs for a reasonable price.

I had a wonderful time and would definitely stay again!

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Helen H
Also consider these accommodations in or near Landsborough
9 mi away
#1 of 1 in Flaxton
Ramada Resort Golden Beach
Ramada Resort Golden Beach
#1 of 1 in Golden Beach

Been to Beerwah Motor Lodge? Share your experiences!