Atlantis Marcoola
$91
$89
  • Pool
Pacific Palms Motor Inn(Marcoola)(Great Value!)
$78
  • Pool
Sunshine Coast Airport Motel(Marcoola)(Great Value!)
$93
$86
Agoda.com
TripAdvisor
All reviewsgames roomsunshine coastacross the roadtop floorpatrolled beachmanagement teamgreat holidaygreat facilitiesbasketball courtbbq areaocean fronttoddler poolbedroom ocean view apartmentgirls weekendbeautiful beachheated spafantastic pool
Reviewed June 24, 2008

Atlantis was the perfect location for a short break for my husband and I. The staff were friendly and helpful and the facilities great. It was extremely reasonably priced quality accomodation with a relaxing atmosphere. The pool was a major highlight!

• Stayed: June 2008, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 23, 2008

We booked in at the Atlantis Marcoola after leaving Surfers much earlier than planned. We're SOOO glad that we found this beautiful place and are returning in September. It really is the ideal family hotel and just so relaxing.

Reception was fantasic, so, so, so friendly and helpful. Actually, I don't think I've come accross a more friendly reception team anywhere. They have free kids sand-castle buckets etc. available for borrowing as well as beach umbrellas ($5 per day I think).

The beach is right next to the hotel, just a short walk through some well-maintained scrub (it's nice scrub though!!). The beach is amazing, very white and patrolled and perfect for looking for seashells. Ocean water was very wam (24c on a 25c day). Waves a bit rough for small children and inexperienced swimmers, but fine if you're supervising the kids closely.

The resort's swimming pool was heated to about 25 or 26c, fine for swimming on a warmer day. It was HUGE, really, really clean and a great layout with a toddler pool. I love warm swimming pools, so a few degrees warmer would have made things PERFECT (I dipped my foot in Surfair's pool next door and to be honest, I then wished that the Atlantis pool was the same).

We had a top floor 3-bedroom unit, with lovely ocean views and a spa on the roof top (you can see the ocean from the spa). The spa was set at 38c I think, and a few degrees warmer would have been AWESOME - particularly at midnight when it is freezing up on the roof!!!

The unit is large enough for a longer stay and a nice layout with a large seperate laundry (which is handy for a beach holiday / lots of washing!). Kitchen is large and well-equiped. Balcony is great, perfect for relaxing. Curtains were quite good and blocked out a fair bit of morning light.

There was a little bit of airport noise during the day (the airport is directly opposite the hotel), but the kids were mesmerised by the coming and going planes and it really wasn't a problem at all. I don't think there were any flights from about 7pm anyway. The unit layout meant that we didn't hear any of the other guests whatsoever.

Objectively, the furniture was nice and modern, but not really high quality (think IKEA quality) and with kids I would have preferred that the dining room didn't have light cream-coloured carpet in it (constantly worried that the kids would spill food). Lounges and beds were comfy.

The room was clean, but to be honest not 'spottlessly' clean (which I appreaciate can be hard to achieve in an apartment). In particular, there were what looked to be blood stains (eeeuuughhh!!!) on two of the blankets (so we didn't use them). But I suppose that this could be overloked, because seriously, it wasn't a 'grotty' unit by any means and may have just been missed.

The location itself is amazing as long as you either have a car or are happy to just go in the pool and to the beach each day (with limited dining options). In 5 days we didn't even do half of the thing we wanted to do in the area.

Surfair's restaurant Gekkos was nice (a one-minute walk from Atlantis); particularly breakfast outside near the pool. Bistro C (noosa) and the Sheraton's Cato's were great. There is a Subway and a few other restaurants opposite the hotel.

So, overall, we had an awesome time at Atlantis and have the feeling that we will be back there on a regular basis in the future.

• Stayed: April 2008
3  Thank Rachy78
Reviewed February 18, 2008

Absolutely great stay. The rooms are spacious and the ocean views are out of this world. (make sure you book an ocean view as worth the extra $$ - still remarkable value. The pool and other facilities are great and the staff will go out of their way to help you.
We went with our two girls 8 and 2 and they both loved it - I would suggest a hire car if you want to venture around the Sunshine Coast but if you are happy with a pure beach holiday this place is great.

Our last holiday was spent at Sunset Cove in Noosaville which is great as well and has scored highly on tripadvisor and Altantis Marcoola was just as good and the views were amazing. Highly recommended!!!!!

• Stayed: February 2008, traveled with family
3  Thank dawkinsfamily
Reviewed January 27, 2008

Atlantis Marcoola is located on gorgeous Marcoola Beach at the Sunshine Coast, and only a short drive from the airport.

The resort complex is divided into two separate towers and includes fully self-contained one, two and three bedroom apartments with either an ocean or garden view.

We stayed in a three bedroom apartment with a garden view, which we shared with another couple and their child. The apartment had a large combined living and dining area, big kitchen (with fridge, dishwasher, oven, microwave, etc), an ensuite in the main bedroom, bathroom with separate toilet and separate laundry. All in all the generous proportions make it suitable for a longer stay.

The layout impressed us the most because the master bedroom was on the other side of the apartment and had it's own TV. The other two bedrooms were down a short hallway and one of them included a TV and DVD player, which meant that kids could happily watch their own DVDs in that room while the adults did their own thing in the living area. Any parent who's been subjected to Dora or the Wiggles will appreciate the importance of this!

The resort has a fantastic pool area that's great for all ages. There's a shallow baby pool and the big pool tapers from very shallow at one end to very deep at the other. Plus there's a spa.

There's playground equipment and a tennis court as well as plenty of flat, grassy areas perfect for kicking the footy or playing cricket. Near the pool there's also a barbeque area and games room.

The patrolled surf beach is just a hop, skip and a jump out the front and there's also some very handy shops - convenience store, bottleshop, bakery - just across the street.

We had a fabulous stay and would definitely return to this resort for a relaxing break.

• Stayed: January 2008, traveled with friends
1  Thank templc74
Reviewed November 20, 2007

Just returned from 3 nights at the Atlantis Marcoola and overall it was a good experience. I will start with the positives... The location is fantastic, right by the ocean and easy to get to without any hasles. The staff are really friendly and polite and the outside of the estalishement is immacculate. It has lovely groomed gardens and is spotlessly tidy. The pool is fabulous, much bigger than it looks on their website and caters to all ages. The beach is lovely and clean and the patrolled area is right in front of the hotel (and has a really friendly lifeguard). The apartment itself... We stayed in a two bedroom penthouse and the rooftop was lovely. Spectacular views, plenty of space and the spa looks out onto the ocean but has plenty of privacy. However, I was a little disappointed at the inside of the apartment. I'm sure the appartment would be considrered fine by most people, but if you are a little insane like myself and have a need for an immaculate appartment you may be a little uncomfortable. The majority of the appartment was fine, but if you have bathroom issues you may need to think twice. The bathrooms and toilets could have done with a good spring clean as the grout and other crevices had mould and were a lttle creepy. However overall, the Atlantis Marcoola is a lovely place and if your not OCD like me I highly recommend it.

Stayed: November 2007