Excellent food and value for money at the on-site Gecko's Restaurant. Most times service staff were friendly and efficient.
Booked a studio room with ocean and pool view. Lovely views.
Shower nice and big, bathroom small, but new.
Reception staff were very friendly and helpful enough.
Gym was decent, good variety of machines - but no free-weights or punching bags.
Lovely beach, patrolled. Small sand crabs about, which is nice.
Dismayed to find dried semen stains along the bed scarf!! eew. Cleaning needs to be more thorough and attentive!
Experienced some rude service by younger waitresses on one of our nights there, clearly inattentive.
Studio room small, air-con very noisy, no plate provided and only water source was bathroom sink (although they did provide kettle, mini fridge, and cups for tea and coffee).
TV out-dated, small CRT screen - in this day-and-age new technology should be standard across hotel rooms.
No bbq facilities, no public spa or sauna, no tennis court/basketball.
Kids noise from the pool drifts up and dampens mood for couples or business people. Corporate events were always happening.
Blinds are badly designed so there is no privacy in the room as people at the pool can see right in. Or else if the blinds are down, it is like a dungeon and must turn the lights on.
Public bus services right outside. Very handy - 40 mins by bus to Noosa, 15mins to Marcoochydore Sunshine Plaza. (also, the Australia Zoo courtesy shuttle bus stops right outside if you request it).
Also, the hotel is literally right next door to the airport, although it is still about 3kms walk from the terminal. We walked about 1km to David Low Way to catch a bus (hourly) to the hotel (a 2min trip). *Translink is supposed to be altering the bus route shortly to be more convenient and take you right to the terminal.
Don't bother wasting money with the local chinese restaurant. Small portions and low quality. Fish and chip shop across the road was also poor value for money. Stick to the on-site restaurant. Subway is across the road at least for quick takeway. Choices for snacks and groceries within walking distance are a small mini mart, or 7 eleven across the road. Need a car to drive to local supermarket.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Absolute beachfront, Ramada Marcoola Beach Resort is situated right in the heart of the Sunshine Coast, offering the perfect base to explore the Sunshine Coast's many attractions. The resort has a superb beachfront location, with the pristine surf of Marcoola Beach right on your doorstep. Stay in a self-contained apartment or hotel room, and enjoy Marcoola Beach - the Sunshine Coast's best-kept secret. With a 60m lagoon-style heated pool, children’s pool, resort shop, bistro, bar, bottle shop, local surf beaches (Patrolled), a multitude of iconic family attractions nearby (Australia Zoo & Eumundi Markets to name two), Ramada Marcoola Beach is the ultimate family resort. Boasting breath taking views of the coast line or the hinterland plus direct access to 14km of walkable beach front Ramada Marcoola’s location and facilities will offer an ultimate beach side holiday. Ramada Marcoola Beach is the perfect place to take a relaxing short break or set up a base to explore all the coast has to offer. Do not hesitate to contact us to access some of the best value holiday deals on the Sunshine Coast. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Priceline, Orbitz, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Hotwire and HotelQuickly so you can book your Ramada Hotel and Conference Centre Marcoola Beach reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Surfair On Marcoola Beach Hotel Marcoola
- Surfair On Marcoola Beach Noosa
- Surfair Marcoola Beach