Ramada Hotel and Conference Centre Marcoola Beach
Ranked #3 of 3 Hotels in Marcoola
Australia
“Never Again”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 16, 2013

I write this review from staying in the smallest hotel room I have ever seen.

The room is extremely small (a weird triangle shape), extremely old and has outdated minimalist furniture. We are on level 1, and have the pleasure of overlooking a tin roof.

There are iron stains all over the carpet. The balcony would be nice to sit on and enjoy, but unfortunately the weather is raining and we are stuck in the small room because the rain is coming in at such an angle the balcony was partially flooded. There is also a large portion of paint that is coming off the roof. It does not look pleasant. Part of the corner of the bathroom has rotted. The blinds are filthy and visibly dirty. I do not understand why management have not fixed these minor problems.

What annoys me the most in this hotel room is hearing the people above us using the toilet, turning the sink on, having a shower and speaking on the phone. I can hear every word and every foot step. Not good for a light sleeper such as myself.

Thank goodness we got a cheap rate with free breakfast both days and free welcome cocktails. I will not be using the late checkout. Can't wait to leave. I think I wouldn't be so critical of the hotel room if the weather wasn't so bad and I wasn't spending so much time stuck in this depressing room.

Definitely worth paying more for a larger hotel room and request to be above level 2 and have an ocean view. We were fortunate enough to have a view of the pool from our bathroom window. I feel sorry for the units that face the road and overlook shops such as 7 Eleven etc.

The Chinese restaurant across the road is great. The bar in the hotel does great food too and is much more reasonably priced than eating in the restaurant. Breakfast is pretty boring, if you want a meal there are only 3 basic options. Not worth the money paid, but as it was free for us it was ok.

Beware of staying on weekends. The resort had some function on in the bar and the microphone was incredibly loud (we could hear every word from our room) and the music playing was so loud we couldn't hear our tv properly. Very annoying.

Would I stay here again? Absolutely not.  Go elsewhere.

• Stayed February 2013
1 Thank travelover209
Damien K, General Manager at Ramada Hotel and Conference Centre Marcoola Beach, responded to this review, March 8, 2013
Dear BrissieGal123, Thank you for your review and feedback. My apologies that you did not enjoy your stay with us. Yes we do have some challenges regarding some of our Central Tower Hotel rooms and bad weather does make a big difference to a weekend getaway on the Sunshine Coast. Your advise about paying more to get quality does have merit but we have also had plenty of fantastic feedback on the value of our cheaper voucher packages that you chose to purchase. Kind regards.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (165)
Melbourne, Australia
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 12, 2013

I was apart of an organised function and stayed at the resort for ease. There were a few things that distracted us during our visit in terms of the resort. Our room was only ever made after 3pm, once after returning from a day out, we arrived just before housekeeping. After explaining our situation that we only just got in and could they come back in 30mins, the reception we got was cold, rude and it made our request seem completely unreasonable. I've stayed at many hotels, this was the first I haven't had my room attended too by noon. One of the days, are full bin was also not emptied and just little things like having to pay for pool towels, yet there is a pool as apart of the resort.

Issues associated with the function included the poor standard of dress from the manager, un-ironed shirt, untucked and very rude. The bar staff were unable to process the most simplistic request yet so helpful during the day.

This resort was full of ups and downs. Dated bathrooms, linen and dressing. Signs of wear everywhere. Yes websites all have a creative license, but this joint needs to be more honest. The food was acceptable.

Would I stay there again, no. Stay in one of the nicer resorts just along the coast. If you are a family looking for a cheaper place to stay, this could be more suited to you

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Stubaar
Dear Stubaar, Thank you for your review and feedback. I am sorry you experienced more downs than ups while staying with us. Your comments regarding the function manager and the bar staff have been passed onto the restaurant operator and I can report that they have made some very positive changes recently. I have discussed your feedback on the housekeeping service with my team and we are sorry for any inconvenience caused as there is no excuse for rudeness. However, no offence but there are probably quite a few budget conscious families thinking our pretentious the last sentence of your review reads. We wish you all the best. Kind regards.

Travelers are raving about these Marcoola hotels

sydney
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 5, 2013

We were driving back from Queensland and we were offered a deal on the net for this property. We were given a room in the centre tower and the room was so small I could not unpack my suitcase without putting it on the bed. The balcony did have a great view of the ocean which was something. The air conditioning unit made a horrible noise every night and the staff said there was nothing they could do about it. The pool was really nice and spacious and plenty of chairs to sit on. The restaurant was reasonable and the food average . Breakfast was included in the deal as well and again average nothing special. I think if you had booked a room that was not in the towers on either side of them they looked very nice and spacious. Looked like they had a kitchen, lounge and bedroom with big balconies.

Room Tip: Dont book in the middle towers
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Sydneyskye, Thank you for your review and feedback. Your comments were observant and constructive. Yes we do have some challenges with the smaller ‘pie-shaped’ hotel rooms in meeting some of our guest’s expectations unfortunately the size and shape of the rooms is something we cannot change. We do offer a great selection of large 2 & 3 bedroom apartments which are great for families and couples. Thank you again and we wish all the best. Kind regards.
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 1, 2013

I was coming here for a conference and decided to have a few days with my wife. We booked a motel room and after arriving and reading some other reviews were alittle concerned. There was no need to worry.
The front desk staff are an absolute treasure, friendly and helpful. Yes there was the sales pitch with the welcome offer, but we exercised our adult minds and just said thankyou but no thanks.
The room is quite small but clean and well made up, I have reviewed some other comments and may agree about the odd shape of the room and the strange location of the fidge, but what does this resort really offer. Great value for the price, great pool, right near the beach, food not so great but just exercise your adult mind and shop elsewere.
Overall it's really 3 stars with 5 stars for the staff. Friendly and helpfull. Basically you get what you pay for.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Wellttavelled
Dear Welltravelled, Thank you for your review and feedback. Your comments were observant and constructive and my staff very much appreciated the positive comments you made. Yes we do have some challenges with the smaller ‘pie-shaped’ hotel rooms in meeting some of our guest’s expectations unfortunately the size and shape of the rooms is something we cannot change. Thank you again and we wish all the best. Kind regards.
broadbeach
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 29, 2013

Well what can I say...........would I stay here again I DON'T THINK SO, as the first room I went too was very small , in the centre tower complex and the airconditioning not working as we as it should be, went down to see if they could do something too fix it which they did, but still the room felt like an oven, told them that I will check out the lady at front desk then looked at too see if she could change us to another room. yes we changed rooms and we went to the south tower, large room and very happy with it. Also got a breakfast voucher to go down and have breakfast buffet well went down and checked it out I don't think I would pay the price they ask for breakfast very average.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
Dear meltahere, Thank you for your review and feedback. My apologies you were not happy with your first room and that our offer of complimentary breakfast as compensation for the inconvenience once we were able to assist you did not meet with your overall approval. At least you did not have to check out early. Wishing you all the best. Kind regards.
Nelson
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 25, 2013

I enjoyed staying at the Ramada Marcoola on the Sunshine Coast.
I have watched the old Surfair Building change over the decades and it if finally a lovely destination to stay or just to hang out where you can eat and have a drink and enjoy the cool breezes straight off the ocean.

I spent most time poolside or in the restaurant with family and friends. The pool is lovely and big, and dont forget the key to access the pool area.

Our room was westside, overlooking the road and the airport, which was exciting watching the jets take off and land... howeverit would have been nicer to pay more and see the ocean.

Food good and staff efficient.

Room Tip: Western side rooms(road and airport) get hot afternoon sun !
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled with family
Dear MerrySeaNelson, Thank you very much for your supportive and positive feedback and review of our property. You will always be welcome here and we hope to see you back in the future. Kind regards.
Brisbane, Queensland, Australia
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 25, 2013 via mobile

I stayed here for a work function and was a little nervous after reading the reviews as well. I will say the food we received was quite good and the service in the restaurant was mostly good. The main waiter was exceptional. If only his enthusiasm rubbed off on the other staff. I stayed in the motel side and do not recommend you stay here. My unit had a running water noise which went on and off all night. On top of this there were some people who decided to have a loud conversation in one of the rooms until 3 am as well as a couple having an argument in the carpark. As there is no reception after 10pm we couldn't complain to anyone to get it fixed. There is also no undercover car parking if you stay in this section. If you are planning to stay here choose an apartment which some colleagues had. They were much nicer, had car parking and were sound proof.

Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Dear Keira L, Thank you for your review we are working closely with the individual unit owners of our Central Tower hotel rooms and can say that a number of them have been refurbished. There is limited secure car parking for guests staying in the hotel rooms and we do have a security person on site from 10.00pm – 6.00am Tuesday to Saturday. By ringing reception the call will automatically forward to the on-site security persons mobile phone. We hope you consider returning to Marcoola Beach. Kind regards.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Marcoola
Ramada Resort Golden Beach
RACV Noosa Resort
#2 of 10 in Noosa
4.5 of 5 bubbles 1,142 reviews
Breakfree Alexandra Beach Premier Resort
Breakfree Alexandra Beach Premie...
#1 of 7 in Alexandra Headland

Been to Ramada Hotel and Conference Centre Marcoola Beach? Share your experiences!