“Beautiful location with wonderful facilities”

Ramada Hotel and Conference Centre Marcoola Beach
Ranked #3 of 3 Hotels in Marcoola
Reviewed June 9, 2011

We stayed with friends and this is the perfect location. The magnificent beach is at your doorstep. The resort has well appointed rooms that appear fresh and new. Our unit had stunning views of the coastline and an afternoon drink on the balcony was a must. The restaurant and bar had a varied menu and there are a few restaurants within walking distance.
The best part was a swim in the heated lagoon style pool!
I read the earlier complaints about check-in but I found the staff helpful and polite. They gave advice on the regular bus services both up and down the coast.
This resort is very close to the Sunshine Airport and is a great place to start exploring the coast and hinterland. You must visit the markets at Eumundi.
All in all we had a great time and would definitely go back.

Stayed: May 2011, traveled with friends

Reviewed May 24, 2011

All though we didnt Stay here we did go in on our first day on arrival to check out the Food etc well Shock horror on walking into the resturant it had no floor coverings the tables were not set for there evening dinner patrons we checked out the specials board very over priced for a sub standard what they call a Reaturant,and later that night we had decided due to the rain to just go there to the bar for drinks and a pizza well drinks are well priced the pizza was not and staff were rude......
I suggest Management really look at training staff in customer service as this is a make or break of any buisness.and a good upgrade of your resort.

Stayed: May 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Dee062Brisbane
Reviewed May 15, 2011

We arrived on Christmas day so we were all excited only to arrive to the worst place I had ever stayed. We had booked a hotel room. The reception staff was rude, he took a call midst us checking in and it lasted over 5 minutes without apologies, he didn't give us any information on the resort we had to ask how to get to our room. We got to the room and couldn't open the door as it was warped, you had to shove it from the side with your shoulder to get it open. The aircon was loud and made weird noises. We were 3 stories up and had a window that was able to be opened that had no fly screen or prevention from children falling out. The blind on one side was broken and was stuck in the down position so even if you had the window open it banged from the breeze. The room was extremely small. I was appalled and we asked to change our room to only be given pretty much the same option. We had dinner in the restaurant which had the worst atmosphere of any place I have been to before. The staff were rude and not helpful except for 1 young girl. Needless to say we stayed the first night and got our money back on the rest and went home. The most disappointing hotel experience I have ever had. I would not recommend this hotel ever. When we returned home my neighbour said he knew of the hotel and said it has been bad for 20 years. hmmm

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled with family
2  Thank marney4
Reviewed May 10, 2011

I stayed here for 4 nights mid may, for a friend's wedding. I was able to check in early - had a nice studio room with a gorgeous ocean view. All the decor was new - blinds blocked out the light. Decent sized bathroom. The grout could use a good clean - and smelled a bit. But was otherwise fine. The wedding was held on the beach and was just gorgeous. With the receptions at the restaurant. Food was very good on the night and the service was good. Although apart from the wedding the food was average. Can reccomend the Parma. Pool was gorgeous with lots of sun loungers and umbrellas - spent many hours lazing around. There is public transport around - I took a bus up to Noosa for an afternoon - 45mins each way. It would help if you have a car - lots more opportunites to travel to restaurants. Handy little strip of shops across the road - bottle shop - chemist - general store. I saw quite a few other rooms (including bigger 3 bedroom apartments) and most of them looked nice and clean. They were all different thought - I believe that alot of the apartments are owned and furnished by individuals - and the hotel just does the organising/bookings and daily services.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 3, 2011

Having just returned from staying at this property, I wish I could be more flattering than what I am about to be. However, will try my best to be factual and honest in my approach. We booked a 3 bedroom appt. for 4 nights. I’ll start my review with a positive (yes, there were two), the location is simply stunning, right on Marcoola Beach, you couldn't want for more, and the lagoon style pool, is spectacular, clean and well appointed with plenty of sideline shade, umbrellas and comfy chars to laze away an afternoon with a good book whilst the kids have a splash. Thank goodness for those 2 things, because unfortunately that is where the positive's stop. Night one, we were hit with torrential rain, and staying on the ground floor, we copped the rain water overflow from the many balconies above, and heard a constant "pinging" for about five hours, which kept both myself and hubby awake. A call to reception the following morning, saw us relocated to a similar (but unfortunately less well appointed) unit 3 floors up, whilst this improved the rain noise considerably, the unit itself (which I am later informed is individually owned, like many of the units in the property), was not as well maintained as the previous ground floor one. The furniture was dirty, arms on the lounges stained, the sofa bed broken, the mattress on the sofa bed, torn, stained and threadbare..... you get the picture. Blinds wouldn't go up and down, marks on the walls, and overall this unit was well overdue for a good paint and clean. Despite bringing this to the manager on duty attention, I was met with a shrug and little else. Our dinner experience was less that satisfactory, we opted to dine at the in-house restaurant on night one, I noted that staff were lackluster in their service attitude, one staffer not having her hair tied back, was serving on the ice cream counter, and actually allowed her hair to fall all over my son's ice cream, again, despite bringing this to her attention, nothing was done. In addition, the so called "kids play room" consists of 2 working playstation/tv units, and 4 broken ones. This property has the opportunity to be simply outstanding, with its location, and amenities. But unfortunately there wasn't much i could salvage from this 4 night stay. We will not be returning, nor would I recommend it for families until it gets a good scrub down, staff clean up their act, some training gets in place, and those individually owned units are brought up to standard. Consumers have many choices as to where their Qld. travel dollar ends up. I would be searching elsewhere further afield than this property, if you seek anything above sub standard service and amenities. Upon checkout, Manager on Duty did not enquire about our stay, nor was any further explanation given to my queries and complaints. Upon my return to Sydney I thought about our recent stay and decided to pen a detailed email to the General Manager prior to penning this review. I honestly didn't know if anyone would take what I had to say seriously nor did I expect a response as more than often, these large Corporate entities are faceless. Much to my surprise, this evening the General Area Manager contacted me via phone, we had a lengthy discussion, he listened to my concerns and read from my email, it appears that sometimes, clients concerns don't fall on deaf ears. He acknowledged that my concerns were valid; they do have areas where they have a less than satisfactory level of standard. He offered to reimburse me one nights stay as a gesture of goodwill and to acknowledge that they "did fall down in some areas". I believe this to be an honest offer, and accepted same. As travel consumers, we don't have to sit on our hands when things aren't right. Speak up, who knows? Someone might just be listening this time.

Note to selves: There seems to be a constant denomination regarding time share and/or properties where units and villa's are "individually owned", the standard can't always be guaranteed, nor can the amenities. for eg: unit one, night one, 2 flat screen tv's. Unit 2, nights 2, 3 and 4 (upstairs), one small portable size tv in the living room. Ask before you part with your well earned dollars, what is in the room? What can I expect with bedding? Is the room clean and/or serviced daily? Have a list on you when checking in, and get the answers you need. Everyone works hard for their money; let’s see it go to people that are "doing it right" and not simply "doing it".

Written by: Bel Russo (Mother of 4, constant traveler, freelance writer and blogger. Menai N.S.W

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled with family
7  Thank belrusso
Reviewed April 26, 2011

I was VERY concerned when I read some of the reviews of this apartment as we had booked for 3 nights for a 3 bedroom apartment and if we cancelled the resort was going to deduct 1 night as a penalty. We booked the 3 bedroom for 3 nights over Easter, the reservation process was easy and trouble free, check in and check out was quick and easy. The furniture all looked a bit tired, we were informed that the blinds were all in the process of being replaced when after one night one blind broke. Well presented very spacious. The 3 bedroom had a 3 bathrooms (so wonderful not to have to share!), full kitchen, dishwasher and extremely roomy enough for 6 people. There is option to dine inside or outside on the balcony with beautiful ocean views and wonderful sea breeze.

Parking is available undercover, on the street and within the front of the resort. There is a resort games room, shop, pool, direct beach access and easy access to shops across the road. Would definitely recommend staying here for holidays and is definitely recommended as value for $$. Some of the reviews I’ve read don’t do this place justice; the apartment we stayed in was absolutely wonderful, spacious and had an amazing ocean view. The only complaint I had was kids sneaking into the pool for a midnight noisy swim.

• Stayed: April 2011
1  Thank DJ_Mizit
Reviewed April 23, 2011

Had a short stay here for two nights in a hotel room. Found staff to be friendly and helpful. Had ocean view room with beautiful views. There is quick easy access to the beach direct from the hotel. Hotel lobby was nice, modern and clean. Pool area was great. Restaurant at hotel was quite reasonably priced, though meals were average. There were other takeaway shops within 5 minute walking distance. Only complaint would be that hotel room was quite small, and underground car parking was limited. Overall Surfair is in a good quiet location with great views.

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Marcoola
Mantra Mooloolaba Beach Resort
RACV Noosa Resort
RACV Noosa Resort
#2 of 10 in Noosa
Sofitel Noosa Pacific Resort

Been to Ramada Hotel and Conference Centre Marcoola Beach? Share your experiences!