“Nice people”

Pacific Palms Motor Inn
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Marcoola
Reviewed August 27, 2012

It was my pleasure trip with Pacific Palms. It is very joyful hotel which is near the beach. People work there are helpful and nice. Rooms are specious and tidy. Internet service also is available which is fit my need. enjoyable experience.

Room Tip: Rooms are specious and tidy
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled solo

Reviewed May 24, 2012

This is a positive review, we were satisfied with what we got for the price. Close to the beach, clean but very dated, and comfortable.

If you go there expecting to be right next to a a busy highway, and right at the end of the airport runway, then you'll also be pleased with the standard of self-contained service this little motor-inn offers at a very reasonable price.

Closing the doors and turn on the Air-Con then you block out almost all the noise, and there is no-noise at all on the peaceful white sand about 200 metres away.

Room Tip: if you choose room 9 or 10 then you are on the quieter end of the block, also handy to the pedestri...
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank asymetrist
Reviewed March 1, 2012

I stayed here overnight and it was great value when booked through wotif - $53. The room was clean and comfortable but quite basic. The telly was quite small but ok. It is next to the airport so there is the occasional sound of aircraft taking off, but the airport isn't too busy.

It did suit my needs but it was nothing special. It would be great if you were on a tight budget as it is very near the beach.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed December 28, 2011

My fiancee and I recently stayed at Pacific Palms Motor Inn for a 10 day holiday prior to Christmas. We managed to get a very good deal through Wotif and promptly booked our stay. I was hesitant at first due to the mixed reviews posted here, but I figured for the price we were paying it was worth it. I must say I was pleasantly surprised. The motel was easy to locate, had a parking space immediately outside our front door, a pool and BBQ and outdoor tables and chairs for guests to use. On entering our unit it was clean and tidy with modern fittings and fixtures, a generous sized shower, and a spacious (for a motel) living / sleeping area. There was a microwave, bar fridge, toaster and kettle in the kitchenette, and TV and DVD player, and a hairdryer, ironing table and iron. The unit was also equipped with a rear projection TV (although the manager was in the process of fitting the rooms with LCD screens, ours did not yet have one). We chatted with the manager (Mike) several times during our stay while choosing DVD's from the largest range we've come across in a small motel such as this one, and always found him to be pleasant and helpful. Many people have commented about the noise issue - yes, the motel is directly under the flight path of the Sunshine Coast Airport and yes, the jets pass over very close above and this does make for a deafening roar, however we spent most of our days out and about and the jets seemed to stop between 8pm and 6am so we did not find it intrusive at all. If you were planning to spend all day every day indoors it would get quite irritating. Simply walk 3-4 minutes and you come to the beach anyway, so it is easy enough to get away from. The only negative aspect of our stay was that, on the third or fourth day when we asked for room service we were told that room service was not included during our stay due to the special rate we had booked the room at. Unfortunately this was not mentioned on Wotif and, although the lack of room service did not particularly worry us, it would have been nice if this was stated in the advertisement on Wotif. Ultimately, my Fiancee and I both agree that we would happily stay here again in the future.

Room Tip: Don't book here if you suffer from frequent bad headaches or migraines.
  • Stayed: December 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 5, 2011

My family and I came here to stay one night on the way up the coast, got the shock of my life when I walked into reception for the key. Let's just say I had my one year old son in my arms as I walked in and got the shock of my life time when I saw the owner watching some "adult material" on his tv. The owner promptly turned it off and apologized for the incident, he offered us a free nights accommodation to keep quiet about it. That was all fine until we got to our room and got another shock when we put our bags into the cupboard. We found a used condom!! This was enough for one night and I quickly packed the family into the car and drove to the nearest hotel. This was a frightening experience and I would recommend that you think twice before taking your family to this hotel.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled with family
6  Thank Thekobebryant
polievka, Owner at Pacific Palms Motor Inn, responded to this reviewResponded January 2, 2012

It is our commitment to provide the best value accommodation on the Sunshine Coast.

We provide a family friendly environment. We also provide spotlessly clean units.

This review does not reflect our property. It is impossible for such events to take place at Pacific Palms Motor Inn as the layout of our reception would not permit it (i.e. the Manager faces the reception door and cannot be surprised, and the computer screen faces away from any guests checking in).

The reviewer has possibly reviewed against the wrong property.

Due to the serious nature of the allegations against the Manager and the Cleaner I personally requested on the 7th December 2011 for the reviewer “Thekobebryant” to verify that they where a guest of Pacific Palms Motor Inn. The reviewer does not reply.

Is this a real review?

John Moore
Proprietor

Reviewed September 22, 2011

We recently had the pleasure of staying at Pacific Palms. We were very impressed by the unit which was clean, modern and spacious. Mike the manager, was extremely helpful and approachable. - nothing was a bother! We found Pacific Palms on Wotif and consider it to be extremely good value. It is very central to everything on the Sunshine Coast and a good place to base your travels from. The locals are extremely welcoming. We would certainly return to the palms for another holiday.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Benley11
Reviewed August 24, 2011

Have been staying there on and off over the last 20 years and it's always improving.
I love observing the planes coming in to land around lunchtime while lazing on the fantastic beach.
A quick drive to the car park at Mt Coolum which is an invigorating walk to the summit and has great views.
Great beach access, shops aquick drive away. Airport very handy.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled solo
Also consider these accommodations in or near Marcoola
Oaks Seaforth Resort
The Point Coolum Beach
#2 of 4 in Coolum Beach
Best Western Plus Lake Kawana Hotel
Ramada Hotel and Conference Centre Marcoola Beach

Been to Pacific Palms Motor Inn? Share your experiences!