“New and clean” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Canalta Hotel Humboldt

Lowest prices for {0} - {1}
Enter dates for lowest prices
We check up to 200+ sites for the lowest hotel prices
Canalta Hotel Humboldt
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Humboldt
Port Coquitlam, Canada
“New and clean”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 22, 2014 via mobile

A seemingly newer property based upon the room decor and public areas... all are clean and in good condition. A decent sized pool and fitness room with functioning equipment. Bed linens include duvets and a selection of firm or soft pillows. Reasonable rate. Overall somewhere I would recommend.

Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
CanaltaHumboldt, General Manager at Canalta Hotel Humboldt, responded to this review, April 25, 2014
Thank you Winston for your review.

Maintenance of a hotel is a full time job. When guests such as yourself comment that we must be quite new we get very excited. I have had a hard time convincing some guests that we are in fact, 4 years old.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
Cochrane
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 15, 2014

I stay at the Canalta whenever I travel through Humboldt. The rooms are clean and comfortable, with great beds. The service is friendly and make you feel like they want you to stay there. The "Continental" breakfast far exceeds expectations. It is one of the hotels I look forward to staying at in my travels.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you Alan K for your review.

It would appear that you stay at our location every chance you get. We think that is great.
Our continental breakfast has recently had a yogurt bar added it to. I hope you have a chance to stop in and try the newest addition.
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 11, 2014 via mobile

I came here for a night to visit some friends that were here for a dance competition and I rented a room and I was very inpressed the hotel is really clean the rooms are a nice size and the continental breakfast was awsum I would definitely stay here again when I am back this way

Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends
Thank you Darren S for your review.

Dance competition weekends can be very hectic at a hotel. I am glad that you enjoyed your stay.
Be sure to book early for these weekends as they do fill up very quickly.

Looking forward to seeing you again.
Seattle, Washington
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 10, 2014 via mobile

My first time in a CanAlta hotel, and it's modern, friendly and well appointed. On par with any other mid-range hotel out there. There's breakfast in the morning, wifi in the rooms, newspapers if you want them.

My room has a desk and chair (with enough plug ins!), a lounge chair, two beds, tv, microwave, fridge, coffee maker; everything you'd expect. The bathroom is clean and well supplied. A nice hotel.

Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
Thank you Liz M for your kind words.

I am glad that you found everything you expected/needed in your room. Even the plugins.

We offer numerous room types and each one has a coffee maker, microwave and fridge in it.
Depending on your needs and length of stay, I'm sure we have the perfect room type for everyone.

Hope to see you again.
Calgary, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 5, 2014

I had a very comfortable extended stay at the Canalta , a little over 2 months. It was my home away from home. Fantastic customer service and it was a pleasure working closely with the Manager Tammy, her and her staff work hard to make our group of 70 feel welcomed and accommodating. I especially enjoyed the lovely free breakfast and the breakfast lady was always so pleasant and kept a wide selection of delicious breakfast items every morning. I had the pleasure of a kitchenette, which was great to cook some delicious meals instead of eating out every night. I work long days and I looked forward to the unbelievably comfortable beds! This is the place to stay in humboltd. I can't wait till our group is back in the area so we can stay here again. I would like to thank all the staff for the great service and all their hard work, it was greatly appreciated. And all the delicious nightly cookies, I may have indulged in a few times in during my stay :) Thankfully there was a beautiful gym I was able to use to burn off all those yummy cookies.

Room Tip: You will not be disappointed
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for taking time to write such a great review of our hotel.

A 2 month stay at any location other than home can feel like forever. I am glad that we were able to show you our legendary service for the whole time you were at our hotel.
We definitely look forward to guests returning, whether it be for 1 night or 2 months as in your case.
Vernon, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 5, 2014

I stayed at the Canalta in Humboldt for two and a half months with a 70 man crew, the staff is extremely friendly and helpful.
The manager Tammy is always approachable and easy to deal with.
The beds are extremely comfortable,rooms are very clean, a good fitness room and has laundry services, and a great breakfast buffet.
I wouldn't hesitate booking the crew in to this hotel again, it has been a pleasure to stay with you guys for the past couple of months.
thanks Doug

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank Doug B
CanaltaHumboldt, General Manager at Canalta Hotel Humboldt, responded to this review, March 6, 2014
Thank you Doug for your review.

Having 86 rooms in our location has given us the ability to accommodate large crews and still have rooms for short term guests. I am glad that you and your crew chose Canalta for your stay and that we have been able to show you what true hospitality is all about.

Hope to see you again and safe travels.
Digby, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 4, 2014

I had the pleasure of staying at the CANALTA Hotel in Humboldt for over 2 months while working the winter of 2014. Small town Saskatchewan has a Gem here thats for sure ! Starting with Tammy the General Manager who went out of her way to make our lengthy stay more like a vacation. Her supporting staff was absolutely incredible from their warm greetings in the morning to their friendly smiles at the end of our day. The comfortable and immaculate rooms made staying here feel like a home away from home. Cleaning staff was always asking if there was anything else they could do to make us feel more at home. The breakfast buffet was always a pleasent place to begin our days and socialize with other guests and travellers. I have been on the road staying in hotels for over 20 years and will always look back at my time here and smile ! Well done to you Tammy and your incredible staff !

Room Tip: The kitchen equipped rooms are like staying in a mini apartment , very well done !
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank Rickandwendy B
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of our location.

Guests who are in our hotel for extended stays get to see the big picture. They have the ability to see the same legendary service day in and day out. I am proud of my team and their "we can do it" attitude, and that you saw that too.

Saying that we were your "home away from home" is a true honor. Safe travels and we hope to see you again.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Humboldt
Bella Vista Inn
Bella Vista Inn
#1 of 1 in Humboldt
Lagana Hotel
Lagana Hotel
#1 of 2 in Lanigan

Been to Canalta Hotel Humboldt? Share your experiences!