“Great Service and Pleasent Stay”

Canalta Hotel Humboldt
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Humboldt
Calgary, Canada
“Great Service and Pleasent Stay”
Reviewed March 5, 2014

I had a very comfortable extended stay at the Canalta , a little over 2 months. It was my home away from home. Fantastic customer service and it was a pleasure working closely with the Manager Tammy, her and her staff work hard to make our group of 70 feel welcomed and accommodating. I especially enjoyed the lovely free breakfast and the breakfast lady was always so pleasant and kept a wide selection of delicious breakfast items every morning. I had the pleasure of a kitchenette, which was great to cook some delicious meals instead of eating out every night. I work long days and I looked forward to the unbelievably comfortable beds! This is the place to stay in humboltd. I can't wait till our group is back in the area so we can stay here again. I would like to thank all the staff for the great service and all their hard work, it was greatly appreciated. And all the delicious nightly cookies, I may have indulged in a few times in during my stay :) Thankfully there was a beautiful gym I was able to use to burn off all those yummy cookies.

Room Tip: You will not be disappointed
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
CanaltaHumboldt, General Manager at Canalta Hotel Humboldt, responded to this review, April 25, 2014
Thank you for taking time to write such a great review of our hotel.

A 2 month stay at any location other than home can feel like forever. I am glad that we were able to show you our legendary service for the whole time you were at our hotel.
We definitely look forward to guests returning, whether it be for 1 night or 2 months as in your case.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
Vernon, Canada
Reviewed March 5, 2014

I stayed at the Canalta in Humboldt for two and a half months with a 70 man crew, the staff is extremely friendly and helpful.
The manager Tammy is always approachable and easy to deal with.
The beds are extremely comfortable,rooms are very clean, a good fitness room and has laundry services, and a great breakfast buffet.
I wouldn't hesitate booking the crew in to this hotel again, it has been a pleasure to stay with you guys for the past couple of months.
thanks Doug

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank Doug B
CanaltaHumboldt, General Manager at Canalta Hotel Humboldt, responded to this review, March 6, 2014
Thank you Doug for your review.

Having 86 rooms in our location has given us the ability to accommodate large crews and still have rooms for short term guests. I am glad that you and your crew chose Canalta for your stay and that we have been able to show you what true hospitality is all about.

Hope to see you again and safe travels.
Digby, Canada
Reviewed March 4, 2014

I had the pleasure of staying at the CANALTA Hotel in Humboldt for over 2 months while working the winter of 2014. Small town Saskatchewan has a Gem here thats for sure ! Starting with Tammy the General Manager who went out of her way to make our lengthy stay more like a vacation. Her supporting staff was absolutely incredible from their warm greetings in the morning to their friendly smiles at the end of our day. The comfortable and immaculate rooms made staying here feel like a home away from home. Cleaning staff was always asking if there was anything else they could do to make us feel more at home. The breakfast buffet was always a pleasent place to begin our days and socialize with other guests and travellers. I have been on the road staying in hotels for over 20 years and will always look back at my time here and smile ! Well done to you Tammy and your incredible staff !

Room Tip: The kitchen equipped rooms are like staying in a mini apartment , very well done !
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank Rickandwendy B
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of our location.

Guests who are in our hotel for extended stays get to see the big picture. They have the ability to see the same legendary service day in and day out. I am proud of my team and their "we can do it" attitude, and that you saw that too.

Saying that we were your "home away from home" is a true honor. Safe travels and we hope to see you again.
Reviewed February 16, 2014 via mobile

Everything from the phone fall to reserve the room throughout our stay helped make our experience a relaxing stop on our vacation.
The room was large and clean, the bed was comfortable, the staff was friendly and courteous.
The hotel was booked with a lot of workers who kept their deadbolt out so they could venture room from room and tended to allow the doors to slam behind them, but at 10:00 pm the halls became silent and therefore peaceful.
The cleaning lady for our room, Cherey, was very pleasant and interacted with our young granddaughter never making us feel like it was a burden having to work around us.
We had planned on staying in Saskatoon and driving back and forth and on a whim decided to give the hotel a chance - we are so thankful we did!
We highly recommend this hotel to anyone staying in Humboldt or area!

Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
Thank you for your kind words.
I am glad that you took the opportunity to stay at our location rather than traveling back and forth to Saskatoon. We pride ourselves in providing a clean and quiet hotel in a smaller city. I hope that you will look for other Canalta hotels as you travel to other small cities/towns in Saskatchewan or Alberta.
Lethbridge, Canada
Reviewed February 9, 2014

My husband and I had the pleasure of staying at the hotel for a month while my husband was working in the area. The hotel is beautiful, very clean, comfortable, and the staff are very friendly and accommodating, made us feel like we were at home. The Canalta is not "just" a hotel, it is very evident that they are a "part" of the community - although happy to go home, it was sad leaving our new "family". Whenever possible, we will be staying at a Canalta Hotel in the future.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
Thank you Cathy for taking the time to write a review of our hotel.
Canalta takes pride in being a business that can be a go between for our guests and the community. We can provide information, directions or recommendations on where to eat.
I am glad that you were able to call our hotel your home away from. Stop back anytime.... coffee is always on.
Regina, Canada
Reviewed February 6, 2014

The rooms are well maintain, all the place is very clean and the breakfast presents variety of options. The service is excellent and they accommodated to your needs.The hotel is very well located.
I highly recommend this hotel!

Room Tip: The first floor is great, because you can park right there, in front the room.
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
CanaltaHumboldt, General Manager at Canalta Hotel Humboldt, responded to this review, February 8, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your stay at our location.

Your kind words show that you truly had the legendary experience we want all our guests to enjoy. You have listed some of the amenities that you enjoyed during your stay. I hope you take the opportunity to return and enjoy the rest.
Reviewed December 23, 2013 via mobile

My wife, sister and all her kids (10 of us in total) came to Humboldt to celebrate Christmas with family. We stayed in a massive room with three huge, comfortable beds. The included breakfast was delicious. The kids loved the pool, and so did we. All the staff that we encountered were friendly and available when we needed them. Thank you for the wonderful 3 days we spent with you.

Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
CanaltaHumboldt, General Manager at Canalta Hotel Humboldt, responded to this review, December 25, 2013
Seasons Greetings and thank you for your review of our location.

The triple rooms that you mentioned in your review are always a favorite with large families. Something to keep in mind is that these rooms, because there is only three in our hotel, tend to be booked up very quickly. Please take the time to plan ahead and book this room for your next family gathering. Booking early can avoid disappointment.

Been to Canalta Hotel Humboldt? Share your experiences!