“An Exceptional Hotel”

Canalta Hotel Humboldt
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Humboldt
Reviewed February 3, 2012

Our Executive Team met in Humboldt for three days of planning. The rooms were spacious, clean, and comfortable. The conference room was better equipped than any hotel we had used in the past. Their breakfast was generous with lots of choices. But the thing that made our experience exceptional was the staff. They went the second mile to make sure our needs were being met. The front desk did little extras that none of us had ever experienced before. We highly recommend Canalta Humboldt. We'll be back.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled on business

Reviewed January 19, 2012

My family and I stayed in this property while attending a wedding. It is located in a small town but it had all the amenities of a large high end city hotel. It was spotlessly clean with very comfortable beds. The pool and water slide were a big hit.. The hotel was full and the service was excellent! I would highly recommend this hotel. The next day we traveled to a large neighboring city and were unable to find as nice a facility even at twice the price.
Thank you to the Canalta and their excellent staff!

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed November 7, 2011

It was our lucky day that we saw this hotel. Nice, new, clean and comfy.
Great room, nicely decorated, fridge, microwave and excellent bed and four pillows.
Free wifi and super breakfast, pool, water slide. Friendly and efficient staff.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed October 16, 2011

Stayed in hotel on October 14th. There was a "running" meet so the hotel was full but at night it was very quiet. Rooms were comfortable. The only "issue" we experienced was at the continental breakfast in the morning. There was no employee around in the kitchen that we could find to assist you if you had a question and the tables were not cleaned at all. With the large group passing through this was not acceptable. So the four of us had to sit at a table that was filthy, with garbage strewn on top and no one in the kitchen to ask to wipe it.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled with family
maxtebbe, General Manager at Canalta Hotel Humboldt, responded to this reviewResponded October 17, 2011

Thank you for writing a review on our hotel. I am sorry you has issues during your stay. At the Canalta Hotel in Humboldt we strive to be the leaders in our industry. I had 2 staff members working that morning in order to handle the breakfast and the check outs. I will make sure that the staff sees your review so that we can work on this issue.

Thank you again, and I look forward to accommodating you again in the future.

Maxine Tebbe

Reviewed September 12, 2011

We were recently in Humboldt, Sk for a family reunion. This was not exciting me because of our last stay at the Bella Vista in Humboldt with it's run down rooms that didn't feel clean.... The Canalta was such a pleasant surprise!!! Clean rooms with fresh, quality linens, continental breakfast, beautiful pool area & fresh contemporary decor. Definitely exceeded my expectations & made for a pleasant stay!

• Stayed: September 2011
Reviewed August 20, 2011

This is a very new hotel kept in great shape. Rooms were very clean and well appointed. It was a bit pricey for my taste, but it seems everything in town is that way. The hotel is in walking distance of a grocery store and a sports bar.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed August 4, 2011

Twas here for work. First hotel stay in Canada after comming back from UK. I can say I was not let down. Staff were great, very friendly (a common thing I have found on praries). Hotel is kind of off on its own in an area of town that is a little vacant. Sleep was great as I just came off the highway at midnight. Quiet night. Next morning went for dip in the pool- very nice! Awesome waterslide and great breakfast room and free breakfast! Went for my jog, and some local people had horses they let me pet. bathroom was great- lots of hot water and plenty and towels. Decent internet connection ( a little dry at times). Clean room and very well maintained building. I am sure this place must be new within the last couple years. Good area and excellent little town. Will be back next year!

Room Tip: Ask for room away from the lift