“Excellent Hotel” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Humboldt
New Westminster, Canada
“Excellent Hotel”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 19, 2012

My family and I stayed in this property while attending a wedding. It is located in a small town but it had all the amenities of a large high end city hotel. It was spotlessly clean with very comfortable beds. The pool and water slide were a big hit.. The hotel was full and the service was excellent! I would highly recommend this hotel. The next day we traveled to a large neighboring city and were unable to find as nice a facility even at twice the price.
Thank you to the Canalta and their excellent staff!

• Stayed January 2012, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
Ladysmith
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 7, 2011

It was our lucky day that we saw this hotel. Nice, new, clean and comfy.
Great room, nicely decorated, fridge, microwave and excellent bed and four pillows.
Free wifi and super breakfast, pool, water slide. Friendly and efficient staff.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with family
Saskatoon, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 16, 2011

Stayed in hotel on October 14th. There was a "running" meet so the hotel was full but at night it was very quiet. Rooms were comfortable. The only "issue" we experienced was at the continental breakfast in the morning. There was no employee around in the kitchen that we could find to assist you if you had a question and the tables were not cleaned at all. With the large group passing through this was not acceptable. So the four of us had to sit at a table that was filthy, with garbage strewn on top and no one in the kitchen to ask to wipe it.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
maxtebbe, General Manager at Canalta Hotel Humboldt, responded to this review, October 17, 2011
Thank you for writing a review on our hotel. I am sorry you has issues during your stay. At the Canalta Hotel in Humboldt we strive to be the leaders in our industry. I had 2 staff members working that morning in order to handle the breakfast and the check outs. I will make sure that the staff sees your review so that we can work on this issue.

Thank you again, and I look forward to accommodating you again in the future.

Maxine Tebbe
Sylvan Lake, Alberta
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 12, 2011

We were recently in Humboldt, Sk for a family reunion. This was not exciting me because of our last stay at the Bella Vista in Humboldt with it's run down rooms that didn't feel clean.... The Canalta was such a pleasant surprise!!! Clean rooms with fresh, quality linens, continental breakfast, beautiful pool area & fresh contemporary decor. Definitely exceeded my expectations & made for a pleasant stay!

• Stayed September 2011
Calumet, Oklahoma
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 20, 2011

This is a very new hotel kept in great shape. Rooms were very clean and well appointed. It was a bit pricey for my taste, but it seems everything in town is that way. The hotel is in walking distance of a grocery store and a sports bar.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled on business
Banff, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 4, 2011

Twas here for work. First hotel stay in Canada after comming back from UK. I can say I was not let down. Staff were great, very friendly (a common thing I have found on praries). Hotel is kind of off on its own in an area of town that is a little vacant. Sleep was great as I just came off the highway at midnight. Quiet night. Next morning went for dip in the pool- very nice! Awesome waterslide and great breakfast room and free breakfast! Went for my jog, and some local people had horses they let me pet. bathroom was great- lots of hot water and plenty and towels. Decent internet connection ( a little dry at times). Clean room and very well maintained building. I am sure this place must be new within the last couple years. Good area and excellent little town. Will be back next year!

Room Tip: Ask for room away from the lift
  • Stayed April 2011, traveled on business
Calgary, Canada
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 14, 2011

This hotel is very clean and nicely appointed, it's right on the west end of town and doesn't have much around but provides a comfortable night's sleep. Staff was heard by several members of our party (several times) complaining about having to work and complaining about other guests.

General manager was rude, talked down to guests, was very unhelpful and unaccommodating. She refused to help a guest with the toaster because it was 10:03 and breakfast ended at 10:00. Unacceptable.

Housekeeping staff was extremely friendly and did a great job, though. Unfortunately this is one of the nicer hotels in Humboldt so I'd probably stay again, but I would have low expectations as far as guest service goes.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with friends
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
maxtebbe, General Manager at Canalta Hotel Humboldt, responded to this review, July 22, 2011
I would first like to thank you for taking the time to review our property after your stay with us. Any feedback that we receive, good or bad, is greatly appreciated.

At the Canalta Hotel Humboldt we strive to be the leaders in our respective industry and I was disappointed that you did not experience a positive stay at our hotel. That is normally not the standard that we strive to maintain.

I have talked to the staff about comments they are making to each other and can guarantee that they will no longer have private conversations in front of guests. I apologize for being short with you as there is no excuse for that. I normally am not. As our hotel has been nominated for a Service Award in the year that we have been open, I can assure you that this is not common behaviour and I again apologize for any negative perceptions you may have made from your stay with us. Please allow us to show you how we really treat our guests. Your next trip to Humboldt, please call me personally to make your reservation and I can make sure you are treated how all our guests are treated.

Thank you again for your feedback, and I look forward to accommodating you in the future.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Humboldt
Bella Vista Inn
Bella Vista Inn
#1 of 1 in Humboldt
Lagana Hotel
Lagana Hotel
#1 of 2 in Lanigan

Been to Canalta Hotel Humboldt? Share your experiences!