“Quaint and stylish”

The Inn at Redmond House
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Maple Creek
The Inn at Redmond House
Ranked #2 of 3 Maple Creek B&B and Inns
Reviewed August 23, 2013

The room was very comfortable and well maintained. Although we had to share a bathroom it was a enjoyable stay. The young fellow at the desk was very caring and helpful. The breakfast had a lot of variety and exceeded our needs.

Room Tip: Try to get the upper room with its own bath.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple

Reviewed August 22, 2013

Beautifully restored, fun staff, great food (even if you aren't staying there I still recommend popping in for lunch). The home has been completely refurbished and you get the feeling like you are stepping back to the turn of the 20th century as you enter. Great town as well, and close to the beautiful Cypress Hills. I recommend going for a Zipline tour as my wife and I had a great time! Thanks to Michael and all of the staff.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed August 22, 2013

Wonderful re-stored 1914 home in a beautiful setting. The staff were very accommodating and were full of knowledge on the house and area and very friendly. Rooms are a nice size. Rooms have a modern décor and are tastefully done. Breakfast had lots of variety! I liked the location of the place as it is right in town and only blocks away from main street and everything is within walking distance.

Room Tip: Rooms 2 and 3 are a bit larger, and have great views!
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed August 12, 2013

We stayed at Redmond House for two nights in July. The house has been beautifully restored and tastefully decorated. We stayed in one of the rooms on the top floor of the house and found the room to be very small. There was only room for me chair in addition to the bed and TV so found this to be a bit cramped. The bathroom was shared with the occupants f the other room on the floor. The bed was comfortable enough. Michael was very obliging in carrying our bags up and down the two flights of stairs. Breakfast was disappointing and as other reviewers have noted, the main focus of the business is the restaurant which is open for dinner five evenings a week. We did have dinner here one night and the food was excellent. There are limited options for accommodation in Maple Creek, so all in all, I would say we were happy with our stay at Redmond House.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 20, 2013

This is a gracious old house that has been fairly well restored and is fairly comfortable, thought it does not measure up to industry standards with high-end b&bs -- the sheets and mattresses are of average quality, as are the fixtures. The rooms each had a nice couch, but no desk, no easy place to re-charge electronics and low lighting. Also there are no coffee and snacks, which are commonly offered at b&bs. But what made the stay less the pleasant was the mean proprietor, who seemed annoyed and resentful at guests. When we arrived, he rushed us up to our rooms, shoved a piece of paper in tiny font at us listing a mirad of details. We did not realize when breakfast began because we did not want to read the sheet in tiny font. When we wandered down to the kitchen, no one was around and everything was empty. I wandered into the kitchen, turned on some coffee and retrieved cream from the fridge. When the proprietor came upon us drinking coffee 10 minutes later he went out of his way to chastise us, and instruct us never to do this again, even though he knew we were about to check out. And he took away the cream. It felt like we were being punished. The food was of poor quality on top of everything. I agree with the reviewer that the b&b seems like an afterthought to the restaurant. I will not return.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
5  Thank CarolynPod
Theshizow, Owner at The Inn at Redmond House, responded to this reviewResponded June 27, 2013

I apologize for your unpleasant stay. I did take the time to show you your rooms and even answered your questions about the house and area, also telling you 3 times what time breakfast was because you could not remember. The guidelines sheet was pointed out to you and not "shoved in your face". It is a very useful piece of information and would have helped you with your stay if read. I would like to clarify that the beds are top of the line pillow top, and brand new. The sheets are 1500 count Egyptian cotton, also top of the line for guest comfort and the main light is on a dimmer so can be low or very bright in addition to lamps in the rooms. Unfortunately I cannot please every guest and I hope you will give us another try in the future.

Reviewed October 23, 2012

My husband and I stayed here in March of 2012 and found the whole experience to be relaxing and enjoyable. The home is lovely and the service was pleasant and helpful. Our room was clean, spacious and provided everything we needed for a pleasant stay. We were only there one night but we hope to enjoy the dining room on our next trip to Maple Creek. Michael is a terrific host. Thanks!

Heather P.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Heather P
Reviewed October 8, 2012

My wife and I stayed at the Redmond House for two nights in September 2012. On arrival our expectations were based on the enthusiastic reviews of earlier Tripadvisor visitors. We were surprised, therefore, to be somewhat disappointed. Certainly Redmond House is a fine gracious facility, however, the quality of service offered is less than one would expect. The normal B & B introduction to the house was at best minimal, eg, no expanation of the operation of the satalite TV remote, where the drinking glasses were kept. There were too many things not available. For example, there was no map of Maple Creek although these are readily available from the town tourist information office. There were no suitcase stands, an almost universal item in hospitality rooms. It was not possible to heat milk for coffee at breakfast. No gluten free bread products were available for breafast. All of these things we have found readily available in earlier travels but, even when we asked for them, Michael was not able to oblige. We found the lighting in our room quite inadaquate: the bulbs were underpowered and there was only one bed lamp lamp. More importantly, the breakfast offered is exactly the same as at a down market motel, eg, Super 8. and far less generous than at a Hampton Inn. In our experience, one of the best aspects of staying at B & Bs is the full (cooked) breafast. It is below the industry standard to not provide it and not offering it at Redmond House is puzzling as it is served adjacent to a full kitchen. On balance, our judgement was that Redmon House is primarily a rather upmarket restaurant were the B&B function is secondary. As a consequence, it compares unfavorably with those B&Bs where this is their central function.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank Larry D
Theshizow, Owner at The Inn at Redmond House, responded to this reviewResponded October 10, 2012

I apologize for your unpleasant stay. During your stay I was in the process of writing a guide for the rooms explaining how to work the tv (I had offered to show you) , where glass are etc. and they are in all the rooms currently. Being as I am in Maple Creek we don't have access to gluten free bread products, I wish I had known sooner and would have made a trip to the city to get your wife that option. As for the full breakfast, I had tried that at one time but working from 7am to 10pm wore me out too fast and I had to make a sacrifice in one aspect of the business for my health, unfortunately it was the breakfast. I hope that you will return in the future and I will take your criticisms and try to improve for any future travelers.