“Wonderful stay”

The Inn at Redmond House
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Maple Creek
The Inn at Redmond House
Ranked #2 of 3 Maple Creek B&B and Inns
Saskatoon, Canada
“Wonderful stay”
Reviewed September 18, 2012

The Redmond House was a beautiful place to stay with a great atmosphere! It's very modern, but still has a great vintage feel with excellent hospitality. Michael was away the night I stayed so the restaurant was closed. I was a little disappointed, but the town of Maple Creek was fun to explore and Wendy recommended a great restaurant, the Star, to try instead. Free Wi-Fi was available and the bed was very comfortable. Just a note if you haven't stayed in a B&B before, there are shared washrooms for each floor (2-3 rooms per floor) but it wasn't a problem. It was fun to meet the other guests at breakfast too, such great people! Overall amazing place to stay with a great reputation in the community. Thanks!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
SEDLEY
Reviewed September 18, 2012

Such a comfortable sleep only drawback was the lack of air conditioning in the room. Opening the window did help once the sun had moved around the house although the wind dropped about the same time. Great options available for the continental breakfast.

Room Tip: Maybe a room on the 2nd floor would have been cooler.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
Bromont, Canada
Reviewed September 17, 2012

Don't miss an opportunity to stay at the Redmond House B&B. Michael Morrow has done a wonderful job restoring this home. We were very impressed by his attention to detail, his friendliness and his fabulous culinary skills. Be sure to make a reservation for dinner. Such an imaginative menu, with everything cooked to perfection and beautifully plated.

I'm not a fan of B&Bs with shared bathrooms but with the cozy bathrobes, plentiful supply of fluffy towels and large well-appointed sparkling clean bathroom, this one was great.

Room Tip: Great photos on website will help you select the perfect room.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Springfield, Oregon, USA
Reviewed August 4, 2012

We've stayed in at least 100 bed and breakfast inns. Redmond House is among the top. It's certainly a pleasure to find such a pleasant accomodation and restaurant in such a small prairie town. We had a very restful two-night experience. What makes this place great is the proprietor, Michael Morrow, who is behind restoring this old mansion and choosing to appoint and decorate it in a very modern way that works well with the 1904 architecture. He also is a terrific chef who offers a seasonally-changing menu of quite a few choices despite his small venue and remote location. We dined at Redmond House both nights, and wished we'd been staying longer! And we spent a lot less money on both food and lodging than we had elsewhere for mediocre food and accommodations. Another reviewer mentioned the pretty extensive whiskey menu -- it's true. Nice wine list too.

Michael takes time to engage with his guests. And he is a very kind person. I'd had my reservation for months when I had to have unexpected knee surgery just a few weeks before our arrival date. I called to let him know I didn't think I could make it up two flights of stairs to our third floor room. He said the house would be full that night but a gentleman with a second floor room was a repeat customer and Michael was sure would not mind trading rooms. "Phew," I said, "I was afraid you wouldn't be able to move us." Then Michael said, "If that had happened, I would have found you another place to stay." Talk about go the extra mile! Our stay at Redmond House was a highlight of our 20-day road trip.

If Redmond House had private bathrooms and served a full breakfast it would be at the top of my B&B list.

Sally-Jo Bowman
Springfield, Oregon

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Calgary, Canada
Reviewed July 4, 2012

This town was only about 8 k off the highway and Mike was more than happy to donate a couple rooms for our ride and feed us well with a cold breakfast in the morning! But what is REALLY neat about this place is that they serve exotic foods such as Wild Boar, Kangaroo, Aligator, Deer etc on their dinner menu during the week! I will be sure to come back soon!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
Pilot Butte, Canada
Reviewed June 26, 2012

My friend and I booked a room at Redmond House, based on a net search of accommodations in the Maple Creek area. We knew we had chosen well as soon as we opened the front door! The house has been lovingly restored, and is absolutely beautiful!
Our room on the second floor was spacious, comfortably appointed, and very clean. Mike, the owner, had thought of everything we could possibly need for our night's stay. We especially enjoyed the cosy bathrobes we found hanging in the closet!
We would definitely recommend Redmond House to anyone needing a place to stay along the #1 Highway.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
Calgary, Canada
Reviewed May 29, 2012

My parents recently asked me to book them a room for their trip from Steinbach, Manitoba to Calgary, Alberta. I recommended they check out this place. They drove a long day, and at 70 years old, were anxious for a rest stop when they got there. They were worried when driving down the street that I had put them in a place that was a little seedy. They were blown away when they pulled up. This place is fully restored and beautiful inside. They were treated to a Masterful chef who prepared them Coquilles St. Jacques, a very nice Halibut, and a steak for mom. My father was impressed that he had an excellent single malt scotch in inventory at a super reasonable price, he's a bit of a fussy scotch drinker. They enjoyed a great visit with the owner over a drink and felt like they were being welcomed into his home. They said it was a very relaxing experience. From there, they decided to book a night there for their return trip home where again they were greeted with a clean nice room to stay in, a fantastic meal, and a feeling that this is their stop everytime they come to visit my family here in Calgary. Mike, the owner, is in a league of his own. I see why he's rated in the top 10 B & B's in Saskatchewan, the only thing that surprises me is that he's not #1!

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family