“Food and atmosphere were great!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of The Watershed Grill

The Watershed Grill
Cuisines: American, Bar, Pub, Canadian
Good for: Large groups, Dining on a budget, Bar scene, Local cuisine, Families with children, Scenic view
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Brunch, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff
Toronto
“Food and atmosphere were great!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 21, 2013

I went to Squamish for the eagles and had lunch at The Watershed Grill. It was early in the day so there weren't many customers but Ellie, one of the employees, and I struck up a conversation from the minute I went in. She was very friendly and made sure I had everything I needed. The veggie chili was excellent and I will definitely be back on my next trip to Squamish!

• Visited November 2013

Surrey, Canada
“Great spot.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 10, 2013

Outstanding location and views - eagles, a bear across the river snacking on salmon. Low key/very casual atmosphere. Comfortable, good service, and good food - a step or two up from the usual pub fare. Best food in Squamish.

• Visited September 2013
1 Thank Nigel A
West Vancouver, Canada
“Don't Let The Exterior Frighten You Away”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 7, 2013

On the recommendation by a good friend who frequents the Watershed Grill.we took a chance and were we pleasantly surprise. The exterior gave us some concerns as it is the back of the grill. You have to take a short flight of stairs up to the entrance level situated on a dike over looking the Squamish River. For those disabled there is a gentle slope up the hill to a ramp leading into the Grill.
Once you arrive at the entrance you will have the choice of three eating areas, outside patio, inside patio and main room around the bar. As it was a lovely Fall day we ate out on the outdoor patio. The service was prompt and pleasant and our waitress responded to our inquiries about the menu with an obvious knowledge.
My wife ordered a sweet yam and coconut soup along with a huge veggie burger. She said both items were perfect. My order was the 6 oz sirloin steak sandwich with fries. I was surprised that the chef was able grill my steak to my request. Usually a small and thin steak arrives being well done.
If there was a negative, it was that the bald eagles that frequent the local scene were taking a holiday but we did observe other native birds which made our lunch special.
This is definitely a place to eat when in Brackendale BC.

• Visited September 2013
1 Thank nsoldgoat
Seattle Washington
“A pleasant surprise in river view, food and service”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 24, 2013

From the road it would be easy to dismiss The Watershed Grill and pass by. BUT once you're inside and on the covered deck, it's the place to be for lunch. A local's recommendation paid off. The spectacular view of the broad Squamish River, green and rushing with mountain water, is captivating. I saw a river otter fishing for salmon and a fisherman casting from the shore.

The food? Well, I ordered the wild fresh salmon burger with a nice filet and accompanying green salad. When I noticed what looked like sweet potato fries being delivered to another table, I asked the server about them. The next moment she brought me a complimentary dish of the largest, most delicious sweet potato fries ever. Thanks to Liz and Steph for super service.

It's undoubtedly going too far to say this was a watershed moment, but The Watershed Grill was an unexpected lunch pleasure in Squamish.

Visited August 2013
1 Thank PanoramaPoint
“What a hidden gem.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 18, 2013 via mobile

Fun little bar off the beaten path. The food was very good as was the staff. The Best part by far was the location. Can't beat eating along the water with mountain views in the background.

• Visited August 2013