It's a big world, and my wife and I once vowed we'd never make a return trip to a winter vacation spot. We happily broke that vow this winter, and are glad we did. After a very pleasant 2005 stay with two small children (then aged 6 and 5), we returned to the Rincon Beach Resort last month (with the active encouragement of our daughters, who had fond memories of the hot tub and mango smoothies at the swim-up pool bar), and found that the hotel just as pleasant as before. The grounds are immaculate, self-contained and smallish, which affords children the luxury of roaming with minimal supervision. The setting is quiet and very peaceful, on a long crescent of undeveloped beach - excellent for walks. The pool, large hot tub and gentle surf beach are well-maintained and ideal for children and grown-ups alike. The service is friendly and unobtrusive. We were particularly grateful that the staff allowed us to downgrade from a suite to a smaller room, which better met our budget and needs this time around. The rooms are fine, if unexceptional, and have refrigerators for snacks or small meals. Aside from a small playground and oversized chess boards, there's not too much to do (the resort charges for kayaks and paddle boats), but none of us minded the quiet, and we easily passed six tranquil days in this oceanside paradise. The poolside snack bar serves good lunch fare at reasonable prices; the restaurant is a bit pricey and our meals there were just average, but Rincon is just five minutes away, and a good alternative for dinner and wave watching. The gym is average at best, but who wants to be inside with a beautiful beach beckoning. All in all, we'd recommend this small resort highly for folks who crave a calm and sunny respite from the crowds.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestled on the Bay of Añasco in Puerto Rico's West Coast, Rincon Beach Resort is the perfect escapade for relaxing days under the sun or enjoying an unforgettable dining experience. The West Coast of Puerto Rico, known as Porta del Sol, is home to some of the world's best beaches and surfing areas. Rincon Beach Resort features 112 newly furnished guestrooms with 24 spacious one or two-bedroom condo villas perfect for families, an infinity freeform swimming pool with Jacuzzi overlooking the Caribbean Sea, a swim up bar, lobby bar, Brasas Restaurant and Pelican Beachfront Grill. Rincon Beach Resort offers its guests an array of activities to ensure a memorable experience throughout their stay. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon, Hotwire, HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your Rincon Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Rincon Beach Hotel Anasco
- Hotel Rincon Beach
- Rincon Beach Resort Puerto Rico/Anasco