“Priceless beach- average hotel” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Rincon Beach Resort

Rincon Beach Resort
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Anasco
Las Vegas, Nevada
“Priceless beach- average hotel”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 6, 2014 via mobile

I had a challenge finding a hotel in RIncon that could sleep a family of 5. Thus, we ended up here on the third floor in a Villa. This villa is made up of 2 bedrooms and a kitchen/living room. The cost was 1800 for 3 nights. The beach, pool, and pool area are beautiful. It is wonderful to be able to go to the beach and the pool! The rooms are average. Average decor and average cleanliness. The staff is average to not helpful. I felt for the price of this resort the employees would have excellent customer service and that was not the case. We paid for wi fi but couldn't get it to work. When my 13 year old daughter tried to get help from the desk there was no effort. I think these days to be charged for wi fi when you pay 600 dollars a night is a bit ridiculous. I felt the grounds around the hotel needed maintenance. When you drive up it almost looks deserted and unkept (especially around the tennis courts). The villa we were in could also be fixed up a bit. On our trip to PR, we stayed at the Fajardo Inn and the Hyatt Place in Manati. Both these hotels were 1/4 the price and were of higher quality. Also, when I checked out, the room charges were 150 over what I charged- as I kept track. The resolution ended up being that I informed her those charges were the day before we checked in! She did easily resolve it- but what if I had not closely reviewed the charges? I feel this resort has potential to be amazing. I hope they get the grounds and the employees up to speed. The view and the beach are breathtaking and we did enjoy our stay. I do feel it was very overpriced for the product offered.

Stayed June 2014
1 Thank Nightshade2424

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (156)
New York City, New York
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 25, 2014 via mobile

The property is set on a beautiful beach in Rincon, with gorgeous vistas. The hotel is at best a 3 star quality destination.
We rented a Junior Suite.

The lack of proper maintenance, however, is evident throughout the property. Rusted door mechanisms on balcony, cracking bathroom tiles and the cheapest tiny shower stalls made of the lowest grade Home Depot materials. Every shower also bathed the floor.

While the bed was comfortable, the bedding is of the lowest thread count possible and the thin blanket feels like sandpaper.

The hotel has one restaurant and the food is likewise of average quality (and I'm being kind). There is no room service of any kind.

In light of the above the $251 a night cost is not warranted. I won't be coming back.

• Stayed June 2014
Paterson, New Jersey
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 24, 2014

My husband and I absolutely loved the room assigned to us. it was on the first floor facing the hot top area... the view was breathtaking.. cleanliness is top priority for us so we were highly satisfied with the cleanliness of the room - very satisfy with the cleanliness of the bathroom as well - very clean sheets, blankets and towels, etc.. the pool area very clean and inviting... the beach absolutely beautiful... everything in this hotel was beautiful - as soon as you enter you'll notice a sitting area to the left beautifully decorated with curtains and tropical plants everywhere and the lobby just as beautiful - it faces like a mini courtyard where you can sit and relax as you admire the beautiful tropical trees and plants and to the distance you'll notice the pool area and to the distance the ocean as though it was a continuation to the pool.. so beautiful and relaxing was this stay for us.. highly satisfied.. on the second night we've experienced noise coming from the pool area after 11pm, but nothing that the front desk didn't take care of - immediately they resolved that problem.. the room phones were not working but we were told that they are being worked on.... we did have an incident with the air conditioner that leaked water inside the room (creating a puddle) and the maintenance man mentioned something about keeping the air in 70-72 degree - however, we felt the room kind of warm with that temperature so we left it at 67-68... we did order a drink at the pool area (piña colada) and the service guy did not put enough liquor and regardless that we presented this issue to him he assured us that later on we would feel the "buzz" and we didn't.. so I brought up the issue to the front desk and they issue us two complimentary drinks.... this time we made sure this other bar tender put enough liquor to our drinks.. .. now we were very satisfied..

Room Tip: we were highly satisfied with the first floor room that faces the hot tub area...
Albany, Georgia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 24, 2014

Good: A nice pool, hot tub and private beach access. The area in front of the beach has shaded and unshaded spots for lounging. They are not strict with the rules closing the pool or beac at night.
Bad: Of the three restaurants you can only eat at one at any given time. There is no coffee maker or free coffee, so we had to get up, get dressed, go to the restaurant to buy coffee, then go back to our room to relax before getting up for the day. That's a lousy way to start a vacation day. Charge $3 more per night and put coffee makers in rooms. I've never stayed a hotel that doesn't provide that basic amenity. The breakfast restaurant is absurdly overpriced for the quality of food. The home fries were frozen, they used american cheese, the "hollandaise sauce" was a disgusting liquid that didn't resemble or taste like hollandaise. The lunch was only slightly better, and equally overpriced. So after the first day we learned to leave resort for every meal. The swim up bar, such a nice feature, was only open for an hour or two our entire stay. We woke up to construction banging outside our window at 7:00 a.m.. We were there in June, which I realize is their downtime, but if they had said they would be doing construction and the price is lower as a result, we would have factored that in, and probably not chosen RBR. The system for getting towels assumes every guest is a thief, and when a line forms at the front desk for any reason, it can take up to 45 minutes to get towels.

Room Tip: Ocean view, doesn't mean facing the ocean. It means you can walk out on your balcony, turn your...
2 Thank Renee G
RinconBeach, Director of Sales at Rincon Beach Resort, responded to this review, July 17, 2014
Hello Renee G,

Thank you for taking the time to review our property. We truly value the opinion of our customers and we apologize that we did not meet all your expectations. Providing our guests with the best possible hospitality and service has always been our mission. Things do happen from time to time and we always try our best to make your stay a pleasant one. We have addressed these issues and want you to know that we truly enjoy sharing our passion for our destination with visitors and want you to walk out the door feeling satisfied with our service. We hope to see you again in the future at Rincon Beach Resort.

Please feel free to write us directly at guestsatisfaction@rinconbeach.com so one our Management Team Leaders can respond to you.

Rincon Beach Resort's Management
Brooklyn, New York
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 23, 2014

I will start by saying I was checked in was easy and fast (not very crowded). We were pleasantly surprised at how nice the room was (modern and Clean). We quickly changed and rushed outside to sit by the pool and maybe get a bite to eat. The grill was closed it was about bet. 3:30-4pm. We later realized after being there for the next few days that they open the poolside grill whatever time suits them and not on any consistent time schedule. There was also a wedding on one of the days we were there and since they only have one restaurant we waited an hour for our food to come. They didn't make provisions for catering this wedding and regular customers. Lastly I had read in one of the reviews that there were some areas that were very slippery and THIS IS TRUE. My husband took a spill while going back to our room(small wooden bridge between room and pool). Although the food at the restaurant is really tasty, the hotel is super clean and it is not very crowded there is no consistency. I did speak with the manager William and addressed these and other small issues and he did his best to resolve all my gripes and concerns. Unfortunantely, I can't say I would rush to stay there again. I will say that I may give them another shot in the future.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
2 Thank Alicia B
Wesley Chapel, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 18, 2014

My husband and I went for our second honeymoon and we were treated like royalty from the minute we walked in to the minute we left. The room was mint clean, we had an awesome view and employees thrive to go above and beyond, not just to serve you. I loved it and we promise each other to visit it at least once a year from now on. Next time we will bring our kids and stay a little longer! Outstanding!!!

Chicago
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 10, 2014 via mobile

We booked the room not knowing the area. What a surprise! Just an amazing place to stay right on a private beach, great inviting staff and the food is incredible! We had a great stay and plan to come back for a longer stay.

• Stayed June 2014
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Also consider these accommodations in or near Anasco
Villa Cofresi Hotel
Villa Cofresi Hotel
#1 of 8 in Rincon
Rincon of the Seas Grand Caribbean Hotel
Condado Vanderbilt Hotel
La Concha Renaissance San Juan Resort
Wyndham Garden at Palmas del Mar
San Juan Marriott Resort & Stellaris Casino

Been to Rincon Beach Resort? Share your experiences!