I booked this vacation because they sent an email with a fabulous deal to Puerto Rico. I got an excellent price for air fare and 4 nights stay. After booking, I started checking on the distance to this hotel from the San Juan airport. The booking company said "2 hours", Avis in SJ said "2 to 2 1/2 hours". It was a very long 3 hour drive from the airport. We got to the resort only to be greeted by huge gates and a buzzer system. Noone spoke, but the gate slowly creeked open. It wasn't the best 1st impression. The lobby area is open and beautiful with birds flying through. There's a little bar in a nook of the lobby. Just beyond is their restaurant, which was very nice, but strangely there were no signs to direct folks who weren't guests of the hotel. The grounds were extremely well cared for as were the pool and beach areas. Our room was basic, but fine. It was clean but shampoo and soap were never replaced during our 4 night stay and we had to ask for additional washcloths daily. The town of Rincon is a 15 minute drive from this hotel and March is considered "off season" so most of the shops in town were closed. We did find the lighthouse and surfers school on 413 - these were fun to visit. Sometimes you have to realize that when you get a super deal, you might be getting a super remote hotel. If you enjoy hanging out by the pool & beach, this is certainly as nice as most beach resorts I've been to. But if you like to go off property and mix with the locals, you would probably have more fun in a big city like San Juan.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestled on the Bay of Añasco in Puerto Rico's West Coast, Rincon Beach Resort is the perfect escapade for relaxing days under the sun or enjoying an unforgettable dining experience. The West Coast of Puerto Rico, known as Porta del Sol, is home to some of the world's best beaches and surfing areas. Rincon Beach Resort features 112 newly furnished guestrooms with 24 spacious one or two-bedroom condo villas perfect for families, an infinity freeform swimming pool with Jacuzzi overlooking the Caribbean Sea, a swim up bar, lobby bar, Brasas Restaurant and Pelican Beachfront Grill. Rincon Beach Resort offers its guests an array of activities to ensure a memorable experience throughout their stay. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Cheap Tickets, Hotels.com and Expedia so you can book your Rincon Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Rincon Beach Hotel Anasco
- Hotel Rincon Beach
- Rincon Beach Resort Puerto Rico/Anasco