We were pleasantly surprised by our stay at Rincon Beach Resort. The hotel was really nice, although a bit worn out in some areas. The rooms were big (we, 2 adults and 2 children, stayed in a deluxe room) and were cleaned very nicely every day. The pool area was great, so was the beach, although there is not much to look at in the water (no corals etc). We had a big lawn outside our room which was great for the kids. There was a pingpong table used by us frequently.
One of the major upsides with the hotel was the lack of crowds. Although I think the hotel was fully booked during our stay, it was never crowded in the pool, nor at the beach. Quiet and peaceful! Like some other remarks here at Tripadvisor: if you are looking for party, don't stay here...:-).
We ate at the hotel restaurant one evening and the food was very good, although a bit pricy. That made us go into Rincon each night instead - it was cheaper and the food was as good as in the hotel.
The only thing we had problems with was the breakfast. We had continental breakfast included in our price and normally we know what that means. But here the continental was mixed up with another buffet (Almereida?) which cost extra and it was hard knowing what belonged to which. No one cared to explain it to us, instead we found it out one morning when we were charged for the bigger buffet. We were not even told in the beginning that there were two different buffets! Our debacle with the extra charging was sorted out by the front desk, but still it was kind of annoying. Also, the breakfast could differ from day to day - not to the better. Sometimes you had bagels and youghurt, sometime nothing of those, merely toast. You never knew in advance. And the staff that worked the breakfast was really rude. Not a single smile for 2 weeks! When paying over 200 USD for a room, I would expect some courtesy and a continental breakfast buffet that has all the same ingredients every day. Not just being stuck with a single toast and some orange juice some mornings.
Another thing that Rincon B R could benefit from: let the kayaks etc be included in the price. Charging the guests for borrowing a kayak for 30 minutes is just plain cheap I think, especially if you are trying to come off as a really nice hotel.
Overall we are satisfied with our stay though - Puerto Rico and Rincon is truly nice places to visit!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestled on the Bay of Añasco in Puerto Rico's West Coast, Rincon Beach Resort is the perfect escapade for relaxing days under the sun or enjoying an unforgettable dining experience. The West Coast of Puerto Rico, known as Porta del Sol, is home to some of the world's best beaches and surfing areas. Rincon Beach Resort features 112 newly furnished guestrooms with 24 spacious one or two-bedroom condo villas perfect for families, an infinity freeform swimming pool with Jacuzzi overlooking the Caribbean Sea, a swim up bar, lobby bar, Brasas Restaurant and Pelican Beachfront Grill. Rincon Beach Resort offers its guests an array of activities to ensure a memorable experience throughout their stay. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Cheap Tickets, Hotels.com and Travelocity so you can book your Rincon Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Rincon Beach Hotel Anasco
- Hotel Rincon Beach
- Rincon Beach Resort Puerto Rico/Anasco