“Beautiful view”
Review of El Fogon De La Curva - CLOSED

El Fogon De La Curva
Cuisines: Puerto Rican
Good for: Large groups, Families with children, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Bar scene, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Takeout
Description: We are a family place with traditional foods & with a breathtaking hilltop ocean view!
Reviewed September 20, 2013

Pros: Beautiful view. Very good food. Friendly family-run. Definite desire to please. Cons: Tacky atmosphere. Poor service.

Elfogon, Owner at El Fogon De La Curva, responded to this reviewResponded September 23, 2013

Thank you, yes are view is wonderful & glad you enjoy our!

Reviewed September 8, 2013

Had a late lunch here with my family and everyone enjoyed their meal. The owners were nice and talked to us after our meal. Large portions for a reasonable price and a great view. Would definitely return next time in Anasco!

1  Thank Whitma
Elfogon, Owner at El Fogon De La Curva, responded to this reviewResponded September 11, 2013

Thank you!

Reviewed August 15, 2013

I stopped here for dinner last night on my way home after a long drive. It was my second time there so I sat at the bar and I ordered the chicken dinner, It came with 2 sides and I chose the arroz con hibichuelas (rice and beans) and tostones (fried plantains). The service was fast and included a half chicken and generous helping of the rice.

The chicken was excellent. It was tender and not too dry. The rice was good, but probably could have used a bit more sofrito. The tostones were also good, but that is to be expected. I could not eat it all and got a doggie bag. It was not very busy, but the people there were very friendly and spoke some English and Spanish. I only wish I was there at sunset as it does have a very nice view of the ocean. Overall, I had a very good time and a nice meal. I will not hesitate to go back and take friends there.

2  Thank Lourdgoogoo
Elfogon, Owner at El Fogon De La Curva, responded to this reviewResponded August 17, 2013

Thank you & hope to see you soon!

Reviewed August 5, 2013

some family members and I went to eat at "El fogon de la curva" and we ate some slamming BBQ ribs + chuleta kan kan!! the service was awesome! i would recommend this restaurant to anyone. I gave it 5 stars straight up!

Elfogon, Owner at El Fogon De La Curva, responded to this reviewResponded August 8, 2013

Thank you, we are so happy that you & your family enjoy our homestyle food.

Reviewed August 2, 2013 via mobile

This place has a great view but that is it. Service is slow. I tried it for a second time but it was not a good experience. Food is not seasoned well. Food runs out. Even the locals dont like their food and dont like to eat there. Prices are also too much for the portions they give you, and in comparison to other local food restaurants. Would be nice if they work on food and prices and portions, since they have a good location. It would increase business greatly. But for now, i am eating somewhere else.

Elfogon, Owner at El Fogon De La Curva, responded to this reviewResponded August 5, 2013

Thank you for your deep concern, our prices have been the same since your last visit & your 1st review: "does not represent the delicious local food", maybe our family place is just not for you. We have a wonderful local following including hotels & inns from the entire island that enjoy all we have to offer!