“Wonderful hotel! Looking forward to staying here again”

Milton's Country Lodge
and 1 more site!
Milton's Country Lodge
Bridgwater
“Wonderful hotel! Looking forward to staying here again”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 22, 2012

I was treated to a short break by my boyfriend and we stayed at this charming hotel. When we arrived we were shown to our cottage style suite by the very friendly and welcoming owner, who showed us around the room and ensured we were happy with everything. It was beautifully furnished and included all the right finishing touches in creating this quaint and cozy styled cottage. It also included the modern day commodities such as a widescreen TV , tea making facilities and a mini bar which made our stay comfortable and homely without affecting that romantic setting. The living area was very spacious and included a comfy three piece suite. The most attractive feature of this room has to be the bedroom area. There is an open staircase leading up to a mezzanine level which includes a luxurious four-poster bed which provided a very comfortable nights sleep. As a woman who packs too much, I was also delighted to see the ample storage space provided in this room ! And as if we were not spoilt enough by the living room and bedroom, we were provided with a modern and generously sized bathroom with a large shower.
We also arranged to have breakfast in the restaurant and as we expected, the food was delicious and there is a variety of food you can have.
This hotel is a lovely place to stay and is made all the better by the very friendly and helpful owner. We could fault anything about this place and I cannot wait to stay here again.

Room Tip: We definitely recommend the four-poster cottage style suite.
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Amy H

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Glendale, Arizona
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 1, 2011

I have traveled internationally extensively and found rooms to be a gamble when comfort is required. You will not gamble at the Milton’s Lodge in Bristol, UK as a room could not be more comfortable. I am 6’ 3” tall and the bed was better than mine at home. I was also delighted with the service and treated with the greatest of respect even though I am a “Yankee”. I was also very impressed with the quality of cleanliness and how though the staff was. When it comes to price versus value, the Milton’s Lodge is second to none. Rest assured I will be staying at the Milton’s Lodge next time I visit Bristol for pleasure or business.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled solo
1 Thank DaleLeor
Denver, Colorado
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 28, 2011

I visit the UK and Europe on business 2 or 3 times a year and always like to try smaller hotels near to the airports I fly out of. I spend my life in the large modern chain hotels and this establishment is a breath of fresh air. The rooms and main building are beautifully decorated and have a warm "at home" feeling to them. The beds and furnishings are ultra comfortable and the surrounding country side is breath takingly beautiful. Even the herd of cows next door are friendly! The English cooked breakfast was excellant and generous in proportions. The Manager was very welcoming and helpful and the service could not be faulted. This place is perfectly situated for Bristol airport and was excellant value for 95 GBPs (not to mention cheaper than their competitors). This is the sort of place I would love to retire in!

• Stayed December 2010, traveled on business
1 Thank s4busa
St. Albans, United Kingdom
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 2, 2010

I left feeling completely ripped off. For £79 B&B for 2, we had cobwebs, badly chipped sink, loose socket, curtains lined with old curtains and sheets and duvet covers possibly from the 1970's. I could just about forgive the tepid breakfast, served with tinned tomatoes, but not, what appeared to both my husband and me, to be mould on the brown toast. I could go on, but suffice to say, you would be well advised to look elswhere for accommodation.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple
2 Thank nomad080

Travelers are raving about these Lower Langford hotels

Yorkshire
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 15, 2010

Now called simply Milton's Lodge.

Restaurant is now closed but good restaurants in the village if you get there before 20.30.

We had a deal with the hotel where we paid an extra £10 for secure parking for the airport for a week, one minute away, including good transfers to Bristol airport and back. Total overnight price including the airport parking was £89.

This place looks like someone spent a lot of money on it once but it seems a bit uncared for now. Clean but the furniture looks like it's been put in the rooms as an afterthought. Room was large but quite dark. Double bed was twins put together.

This is a good overnight for the airport but if you want to stay in a cheerful place for a break I would think that you would be better off staying in another B and B in the same village.

I would recommend for a good overnight for the airport but not for a holiday or a business trip.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Frequentflyer00
North West England
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 11, 2010

We booked for three of us and airport parking. The secure parking as part of package was 3 minutes up the road and service excellent.

The little bedroom in room is very small and to be fair they do warn you my son slept in living room as he found it too small. The mezzanine bedroom and living area are lovely.

It is very convenient and good value with airport parking and pick up service.

Breakfast is good but cooked does have to be ordered night before.

• Stayed April 2010
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 1, 2010

After arriving at a really inconvenient time near midnight our hostess couldn't have been more helpful. The room was first class with the bed up on a mezzanine. It was a really interesting and nice set up. Very clean and tidy with a mini bar and a comfy lounge area in the ro. Very spacious and a good base if you are travelling around. The breakfast was wonderful and we were made to feel very welcome.would definitely recommend to friends and would stay again if in the area.

• Stayed April 2010
The Langford Inn
The Langford Inn
#1 of 2 in Lower Langford
Mendip Spring Golf & Country Club

Been to Milton's Country Lodge? Share your experiences!