We dined here on a Friday night which is the grill night where you can choose from an amazing selection of wonderful steaks, ribs, chicken, pork or lamb chops as well as fish and vegetarian specials. We were lucky to get a table in the bar as we had not booked but advise it for future visits as the food was absolutely delicious. The menu allows you to select your main course and then choose which potatoes, sauce and side you want meaning to can create your own perfect meal. The service and ambience was top notch and we all agreed this was one of the best meals we had had for a long time. It is slightly more expensive than your average pub meal but there is nothing average about it and well worth every penny. We all highly recommend you visit and don't pass up the opportunity of triple cooked chips - mmmmm they were wonderful.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Packed full of character, AA have awarded The Angel Inn with 5 stars and a Great British Breakfast Award as well as an AA Rosette for its fine dining. It is a traditional Grade II 16th Century Suffolk coaching inn with open fires, original brickwork and oak beams. It is a typical "Old English" country pub restaurant downstairs offering fantastic food in a stunning setting with six beautifully styled boutique bedrooms, all set in the heart of Constable country. Within easy reach of Colchester and Ipswich via the A12 which is a 5 minute drive. It is owned by Exclusive Inns who also own The Anchor at Nayland and also the Swan Inn at Monks Eleigh. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Priceline, Hotels.com, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, Hotwire and Evoline ltd so you can book your The Angel Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Angel Hotel Stoke By Nayland
- Angel Inn
- The Angel Inn Stoke By Nayland, Suffolk