We thought we'd died and gone to heaven for the weekend when we stayed at The Angel. My friends and I are still raving about it two weeks later. Our rooms were smart and comfortable and the food was delicious. Full marks to the two young chefs. We especially enjoyed the wine recommendations that went with each item on the menu. A brilliant idea! Just one small criticism: daintier sandwiches with the afternoon tea would be nice. Nothing was too much trouble for the staff and they were all such fun and took time to chat and get to know you. We'll be back.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Packed full of character, AA have awarded The Angel Inn with 5 stars and a Great British Breakfast Award as well as an AA Rosette for its fine dining. It is a traditional Grade II 16th Century Suffolk coaching inn with open fires, original brickwork and oak beams. It is a typical "Old English" country pub restaurant downstairs offering fantastic food in a stunning setting with six beautifully styled boutique bedrooms, all set in the heart of Constable country. Within easy reach of Colchester and Ipswich via the A12 which is a 5 minute drive. It is owned by Exclusive Inns who also own The Anchor at Nayland and also the Swan Inn at Monks Eleigh. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Hotwire, Evoline ltd, Cheap Tickets and TripOnline SA so you can book your The Angel Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Angel Hotel Stoke By Nayland
- Angel Inn
- The Angel Inn Stoke By Nayland, Suffolk