“TRULY HEAVENLY”
Review of The Angel Inn

The Angel Inn
Reviewed March 8, 2013

We thought we'd died and gone to heaven for the weekend when we stayed at The Angel. My friends and I are still raving about it two weeks later. Our rooms were smart and comfortable and the food was delicious. Full marks to the two young chefs. We especially enjoyed the wine recommendations that went with each item on the menu. A brilliant idea! Just one small criticism: daintier sandwiches with the afternoon tea would be nice. Nothing was too much trouble for the staff and they were all such fun and took time to chat and get to know you. We'll be back.

Room Tip: All the rooms are good.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled with friends

Reviewed March 6, 2013

The Angel Inn is tastefully decorated and rather charming with a delightful open fireplace.

It offered us a warm and cozy escape from the chilly weather and we were so content, we decided to stay for dinner.

The menu was perhaps a little pricey, but we didn't mind once our meal arrived. It was simply delicious!

And we enjoyed it so much, we went back for a second visit!

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 6, 2013

My fiancee and I were on the lookout for a place to eat that we hadn't tried in the past and took a complete chance on The Angel Inn, as we had never heard of it or even been to Stoke By Nayland.

Needless to say we were both extremely happy with the restaurant. We were welcomed in and seated quite quickly, despite the place being quite busy. The staff were very friendly and chatty (in particular the bar man and the gentleman that served us our meal). It was almost like were seated in someones living room. The tables were spaced perfectly, so you did not have to worry about people listening in, and they chairs were extremely comfy. There were plenty of rooms hanging off the main areas for larger groups which I thought was a nice touch.

I should probably mention the food. Best steak I've ever had. Prices were higher than average but for the quality of the food, completely justified.

I will certainly be going back.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 23, 2013

Wanted to visit a restaurant We hadnt been to before for My Wifes Birthday and werent dissapointed.Service was excellent-My Wife wasnt sure on which Wine to select so they immediately offered samples for Her to choose from.Starters were superb-My sons (sometimes difficult to please!!) voted the Scallops as one of the best starters they had ever had.The Lamb three ways as a Main was delicious,The Ox enjoyed although maybe not as much as the rest of the Meal.Sweets again absolutely top notch.Was very busy on a Friday lunchtime and You could see why.
Great atmosphere with the roaring fire,with top quality food and wine and at sensible prices.
Would definately go back absolutely no question.

Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed February 16, 2013

A second visit to the Angel for a meal.
Very good choice of food from the main menu with specials of the day available.
Service was good and food was reasonably priced.
Good selection of wines
Great atmosphere
There is the choice of eating in the restaurant or fir less formal occasions, table are available in the bar areas.
Everywhere was clean & nice décor.
Recommend that you book for a Saturday evening to ensure not being disappointed
Has small car park but you can part on road nearby.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed February 15, 2013

I heard about this place from a work colleague who lives in the area and my partner had friends in a nearby village who also rave about it. As we arrived i found it to be in a pretty little setting with an old road bridge, gentle stream passing and fields all around. Outdoor area has an enormous decked and covered area which looks fantastic for summer booking, this was a winter trip however so we went in for a sunday roast...
The service was warm and friendly with a nice atmosphere. The decor left it feeling like you were in a revamped, modernised old country pub, but the balance was actually really good and the log fire on a cold day added to it.
The food was superb, i am always aprehensive of pub roasts but this has a genuine fresh feel about all the ingrediants and the selection was good. Only slight negative was the food price but at this quality i think it is worth the trip and the experience! I am now desperately thinking of an event to take others there for!

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 14, 2013

I stumbled accross this hotel/inn by absolute chance and I must say as soon as I arrived fell in love with the place. Stayed in the superiour room and what a gorgerous room it is. It was just what I was looking for, loads of character, relaxing and excellent decor and cleanliness. We did not have dinner but did have breakfast and was the best cooked breakfst i have had for some time. I will definately be returning.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
Milsoms Hotel
#3 of 3 in Dedham
Stoke by Nayland Country Cottages
Stoke by Nayland Hotel, Golf & Spa

Been to The Angel Inn? Share your experiences!